PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Started getting an odd error at the BuildOS login prompt today...

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: This operation is only supported on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and higher.
at System.Security.AccessControl.Win32.GetSecurityInf o(ResourceType resourceType, String name, SafeHandle handle, AccessControlSections accessControlSections, RawSecurityDescriptor& resultSd)

...error occurs and I'm left at the login prompt. Reoccurs on each login attempt.

I am running XP SP3, so I'm not sure why. More complete log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BuildOS Error.txt (7.3 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
Started getting an odd error at the BuildOS login prompt today...

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: This operation is only supported on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and higher.
at System.Security.AccessControl.Win32.GetSecurityInf o(ResourceType resourceType, String name, SafeHandle handle, AccessControlSections accessControlSections, RawSecurityDescriptor& resultSd)

...error occurs and I'm left at the login prompt. Reoccurs on each login attempt.

I am running XP SP3, so I'm not sure why. More complete log attached.
Nothing new on this end. What'd you do differently today vs last time?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybulldog View Post
One other question. I routinely check to make sure I have not included to many selections from the kitchen by computing the rom size befrore flashing. It sems that no matter what I do, I always get a red bat and the amount 201326592 above it every time. I have removed almost everything, less than would be in a sock build and I still get this result. I have restarted the program and it still gives me this result.

I searched for any issues with the computing size feature, but did not find anything. Am I doing something wrong? I would hope it would be common sense to make sure there is enough room befroe you stuff 10lbs into a 5lb bag.

Regards,
Lazybulldog
No reason to do that on touchpro, as the rom can be huge. At any rate, run Calc Rom Size from the tools menu...that will calculate an approximate size of each oem. You bar might be red, but don't worry about that too much, because it overestimates. If the build fails with a Rom to big error, then you'll have to remove some stuff.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP1, TP2, and Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jhiciano is becoming a great contributor

thanks guru, so any idea on when new rom will be upload, also when texting or writing a message I cant get it to stop adding words.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiciano View Post
thanks guru, so any idea on when new rom will be upload, also when texting or writing a message I cant get it to stop adding words.
I fixed my power supply today, so I'll upload new stuff this weekend. No new base just yet, as Microsoft is a little touchy about the newer stuff. I might put up some of the retired basekits, however, just for posterity.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan and Touch Pro

tom.etc is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tom.etc Send a message via MSN to tom.etc Send a message via Yahoo to tom.etc Send a message via Skype™ to tom.etc

can't wait to see some new releases! thank you for all the hard work, you guys at ppckitchen have made my life.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I fixed my power supply today, so I'll upload new stuff this weekend. No new base just yet, as Microsoft is a little touchy about the newer stuff. I might put up some of the retired basekits, however, just for posterity.
Did you get anything uploaded?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
Did you get anything uploaded?
Took a little longer than I anticipated, but yes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Took a little longer than I anticipated, but yes.
t/y sir
Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

gguruusa or anyone that knows:

I looked around but didn't find an answer:

Is there anyway to build PPC ROM's on a Mac? I have a Mac but an ppc phone, and I would like to start building ROM's for it.

Thanks,

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.

Last edited by coldheat06; 02-15-2009 at 11:49 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development