PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro> TP2> Soon to Samusng Epic 4G !
Carrier: Sprint!!

dinkey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen-- Error

I used the updater and I got an error after I launched the Kitchen.

I then uninstalled everything and reinstalled with a fresh download of build OS and then used the update and selected the entire Herman files.

Both times I keep on getting an error that says:

"Error while reading group configuration file.
XIP Filename= Herman_1.03.651.3_20924.enc.bin
Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero."

I feel like I am making a really obvious stupid error.. Can somone advise please.

I reread the tutorial but I can't seem to find it.

Last edited by dinkey; 11-26-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: fixed spelling mistake before i get pounced upon for being a noob
Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Yeah...ok, the problem has been resolved. updater wasn't being told the updates were available. It now knows.

The issue with 20755 should be fixed as well.

If anyone tried 20924, that's fixed too.

Thank you very much, now it's running like a new car. Just finished building a test rom and it's a go ! I builded a rom with ease. Thank you very much. Since I am new to building roms, where can i go to learn more? i want to put my own cabs and do auto run, stuff like that.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkey View Post
I used the updater and I got an error after I launched the Kitchen.

I then uninstalled everything and reinstalled with a fresh download of build OS and then used the update and selected the entire Herman files.

Both times I keep on getting an error that says:

"Error while reading group configuration file.
XIP Filename= Herman_1.03.651.3_20924.enc.bin
Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero."

I feel like I am making a really obvious stupid error.. Can somone advise please.

I reread the tutorial but I can't seem to find it.
That's an older file you have. Try updater again...be sure to get the Herman Kitchen core (or base or something like that)

If you're getting that from an old selections file...you need to remake the selections file.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
That's an older file you have. Try updater again...be sure to get the Herman Kitchen core (or base or something like that)

If you're getting that from an old selections file...you need to remake the selections file.
But I just downloaded it fresh right now from ppckitchen.org

Is ppckitchen.org working properly, cause now I am trying to download build os again and its giving me an error.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkey View Post
But I just downloaded it fresh right now from ppckitchen.org

Is ppckitchen.org working properly, cause now I am trying to download build os again and its giving me an error.
Yes. I was just updating it. Try again.

It looks like you are trying to run a selections.txt from an older kitchen. Use the Create New Project tab to remake the selections.txt. Old selections.txt will not work.

..you might be best off deleting .../projects/*.* and .../projects/groups/*.* before you install buildos.msi

Last edited by gguruusa; 11-26-2008 at 09:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had trouble updating the kitchen so I uninstalled and installed from scratch.

Everything went fine until I actually tried to flash the new ROM. I got to 88% and it stopped and eventually timed out and gave me an error. I slowly kept on eliminating programs from the kitchen and after about 11 more tries I got all the way up to 96% but it would not go any farther than that.

Not quite sure what I am doing wrong. I had to flash back to Hibby's 1.7 to get it up again.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yes. I was just updating it. Try again.

It looks like you are trying to run a selections.txt from an older kitchen. Use the Create New Project tab to remake the selections.txt. Old selections.txt will not work.

..you might be best off deleting .../projects/*.* and .../projects/groups/*.* before you install buildos.msi
I just uninstalled it and deleted the entire ppckiten tree and installed it again..... its loading fine.. hopefully my first cooked rom should be on its way soon!!!

Thanks Guru!!
Old 11-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I had trouble updating the kitchen so I uninstalled and installed from scratch.

Everything went fine until I actually tried to flash the new ROM. I got to 88% and it stopped and eventually timed out and gave me an error. I slowly kept on eliminating programs from the kitchen and after about 11 more tries I got all the way up to 96% but it would not go any farther than that.

Not quite sure what I am doing wrong. I had to flash back to Hibby's 1.7 to get it up again.
Failure to flash errors are caused by an error in ppcbuildos.exe. If you get the latest buildos.msi or run updater, that should take care of it. The .msi will definitely take care of it.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman

MaskedLion is keeping up the good workMaskedLion is keeping up the good work

So has anyone flashed the 20931 sys?
If so, how is it running?
Recommend?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Thumbs up Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedLion View Post
So has anyone flashed the 20931 sys?
If so, how is it running?
Recommend?

I have flashed it. It is pretty stable. The only thing i noticed about it that TouchFLO 3d restart itself a couple of times, besides that it's running great. I recommend it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development