PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008, 09:02 PM
dinkey's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro> TP2> Soon to Samusng Epic 4G !
Carrier: Sprint!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 54
Reputation: 30
dinkey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen-- Error

I used the updater and I got an error after I launched the Kitchen.

I then uninstalled everything and reinstalled with a fresh download of build OS and then used the update and selected the entire Herman files.

Both times I keep on getting an error that says:

"Error while reading group configuration file.
XIP Filename= Herman_1.03.651.3_20924.enc.bin
Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero."

I feel like I am making a really obvious stupid error.. Can somone advise please.

I reread the tutorial but I can't seem to find it.
__________________
ATT Tilt -> Sprint HTC Touch Pro -> TP2 -> Epic 4g Soon!!!

Last edited by dinkey; 11-26-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: fixed spelling mistake before i get pounced upon for being a noob
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
510jungleboy's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 345
Reputation: 410
510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Yeah...ok, the problem has been resolved. updater wasn't being told the updates were available. It now knows.

The issue with 20755 should be fixed as well.

If anyone tried 20924, that's fixed too.

Thank you very much, now it's running like a new car. Just finished building a test rom and it's a go ! I builded a rom with ease. Thank you very much. Since I am new to building roms, where can i go to learn more? i want to put my own cabs and do auto run, stuff like that.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008, 09:38 PM
gguruusa's Avatar
Deep Thinker
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter
Location: Mountain top
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,252
Reputation: 4726
gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen-- Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkey View Post
I used the updater and I got an error after I launched the Kitchen.

I then uninstalled everything and reinstalled with a fresh download of build OS and then used the update and selected the entire Herman files.

Both times I keep on getting an error that says:

"Error while reading group configuration file.
XIP Filename= Herman_1.03.651.3_20924.enc.bin
Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero."

I feel like I am making a really obvious stupid error.. Can somone advise please.

I reread the tutorial but I can't seem to find it.
That's an older file you have. Try updater again...be sure to get the Herman Kitchen core (or base or something like that)

If you're getting that from an old selections file...you need to remake the selections file.
__________________
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008, 09:44 PM
dinkey's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro> TP2> Soon to Samusng Epic 4G !
Carrier: Sprint!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 54
Reputation: 30
dinkey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen-- Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
That's an older file you have. Try updater again...be sure to get the Herman Kitchen core (or base or something like that)

If you're getting that from an old selections file...you need to remake the selections file.
But I just downloaded it fresh right now from ppckitchen.org

Is ppckitchen.org working properly, cause now I am trying to download build os again and its giving me an error.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 PM
gguruusa's Avatar
Deep Thinker
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter
Location: Mountain top
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,252
Reputation: 4726
gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen-- Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkey View Post
But I just downloaded it fresh right now from ppckitchen.org

Is ppckitchen.org working properly, cause now I am trying to download build os again and its giving me an error.
Yes. I was just updating it. Try again.

It looks like you are trying to run a selections.txt from an older kitchen. Use the Create New Project tab to remake the selections.txt. Old selections.txt will not work.

..you might be best off deleting .../projects/*.* and .../projects/groups/*.* before you install buildos.msi

Last edited by gguruusa; 11-26-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008, 10:27 PM
x10guy's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: S. Cal
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,415
Reputation: 1095
x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

I had trouble updating the kitchen so I uninstalled and installed from scratch.

Everything went fine until I actually tried to flash the new ROM. I got to 88% and it stopped and eventually timed out and gave me an error. I slowly kept on eliminating programs from the kitchen and after about 11 more tries I got all the way up to 96% but it would not go any farther than that.

Not quite sure what I am doing wrong. I had to flash back to Hibby's 1.7 to get it up again.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008, 11:04 PM
dinkey's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro> TP2> Soon to Samusng Epic 4G !
Carrier: Sprint!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 54
Reputation: 30
dinkey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen-- Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Yes. I was just updating it. Try again.

It looks like you are trying to run a selections.txt from an older kitchen. Use the Create New Project tab to remake the selections.txt. Old selections.txt will not work.

..you might be best off deleting .../projects/*.* and .../projects/groups/*.* before you install buildos.msi
I just uninstalled it and deleted the entire ppckiten tree and installed it again..... its loading fine.. hopefully my first cooked rom should be on its way soon!!!

Thanks Guru!!
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008, 12:33 AM
gguruusa's Avatar
Deep Thinker
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter
Location: Mountain top
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,252
Reputation: 4726
gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I had trouble updating the kitchen so I uninstalled and installed from scratch.

Everything went fine until I actually tried to flash the new ROM. I got to 88% and it stopped and eventually timed out and gave me an error. I slowly kept on eliminating programs from the kitchen and after about 11 more tries I got all the way up to 96% but it would not go any farther than that.

Not quite sure what I am doing wrong. I had to flash back to Hibby's 1.7 to get it up again.
Failure to flash errors are caused by an error in ppcbuildos.exe. If you get the latest buildos.msi or run updater, that should take care of it. The .msi will definitely take care of it.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008, 12:51 AM
MaskedLion's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Greenville, SC but Clemson is home.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Reputation: 180
MaskedLion is keeping up the good workMaskedLion is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

So has anyone flashed the 20931 sys?
If so, how is it running?
Recommend?
__________________
EVO 4G
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008, 01:37 AM
510jungleboy's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 345
Reputation: 410
510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Thumbs up Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedLion View Post
So has anyone flashed the 20931 sys?
If so, how is it running?
Recommend?

I have flashed it. It is pretty stable. The only thing i noticed about it that TouchFLO 3d restart itself a couple of times, besides that it's running great. I recommend it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com