PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 01:18 AM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

i have similar issues

this is my 2nd flash but i wanted to delete the RUU i used for the 1st flash so i can download a new one.

i cant delete the RUU from my desktop. it says its being used by a person or program.

but once i had it with the ROM i wanted it wouldnt flash," i get the update utility cannot open the file. please check your update utility"

when i sync the phone i also looks like it disconnects and says microsoft cannot reconize for one of two reasons: the device was not connected properly etc. or the device is not a smart phone/pocket pc" but i was told it will do that and i did flash a radio with no problems like this..

not sure what to do
Old 03-24-2009, 02:06 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

k0tix, you cant flash a gsm rom on cdma device...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
i cant delete the RUU from my desktop. it says its being used by a person or program.
reboot?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:09 AM
What did you say?

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah i did that and i was able to delete it.

downloading the ROM now to see if i have better luck this time.

it has been a long day
Old 03-24-2009, 03:18 AM
What did you say?

ok question

when you extract the file from the rom to the RUU folder on your desk top. when you open the folder, are you suppose to see a folder in the RUU folder itself that contains the ROM?

i dont know what im doing diff from the 1st time i flash a ROM.

i have my RUU on my desktop, i extract the file from the ROM into the RUU folder and then i run the utility..

im getting this error

i was able to flash a rom again, but using the custom RUU folder from the ROM itself. it worked but the ROM i downloaded is not stable.

help guys
Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 PM
What did you say?

no one can help out?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:09 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
no one can help out?
ok first of all these post are very vague what ROM are you trying to flash ?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:54 PM
What did you say?

well it happened with any.... i think it was an issue using winrar

i used extractnow and even tho i didnt do exactly as posted in the 1st post i was still able to flash...

im going to stick with this ROM for a while ( i hope) but i got it to work...

thanks anyways
Old 03-26-2009, 08:44 AM
drewbuchman

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: NEWBie Guide TO Flashing ROM On HTC Touch Pro On Sprint PCS Network & Recommended

None of these methods are working for me can someone please help me

Last edited by drewbuchman; 03-27-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

someone is prolly gona call me out on this but idontcare...ay bro..try not to quote the whole huge posts like the one above..it makes reading the thread "gunked up" and a pain to read. no diss or whatever, jus asking..thx....now back to your regularly scheduled program.......
Old 03-27-2009, 09:45 AM
drewbuchman

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Sorry man im new at this but that dosent answer my question!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development