PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbones View Post
Hello guys im on the latest skyrom M 2.1 rom and loveing it! every thing works so well but i am haveing an issue with the GPS getting any connection some times it works like a charm and sometimes it doesnt,
im thinking it could be a AGPS setting?

Im on Sprint TP on VZW network. Thanks in advanced if anyone knows a fix to this that would be wonderfull. oh yeah HTC weather alwas seems to work though hmmm.
Did you see I responded (it's a long post but yours is the last one I quoted)?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=719
Old 01-05-2010, 03:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Waiting to upgrade until WP7 drops
Carrier: VZW

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroyalty7 View Post
not sure if you were asking me this but I actually installed and uninstalled every single one 6 in all to see if I would get a different result but samething from every build cab, it reverts the evdo icon to stock grey one! like I was saying in my reply to ahuskins something in that ryan mogul cab has always done that to any taskbar I have installed(revert the speaker and battery icons only to stock) so I would just install his cab before installing any taskbar I wanted to use and it wouldnt effect the icons then, only if I installed his cab after I had installed a taskbar does it mess up the icons. And like I said using the maxdusk rom the taskbar comes cooked in so I dont have the option of installing his cab before the taskbar, but there is a glimmer of hope since I decided to take the long way around getting mms wap working(ie reg editing it myself with no ryan mgul cab) i just received and sent 1 mms each, crossing fingers, hopefully Im all good now!!! hopefully, but I still would love to know why that cab does that I cant be the only one who ran into that problem, I love that cab not to take anything away from ryan mogul and what hes done, hes a huge part of why i even know my way sort of around my touch pro, his cab is awesome saves a crap load of leg work, just that ione l;ittle glitch I run into. And not to forget all the awesome fixes youve come up with here, its greaT to see you guys all come together with a commmon goal, smart guys+cool phone= awesome freaking roms, thanks for all that you guys do. let me know if you have any thoughts ideas on this incompatability cause Ill be gpoin through this all over again next update, lol. sorry once again for anotheranother long winded response, cant seem to shut up today, lol
I believe I can shed some light on WHY it may be happening but this is really just a theory off the top of my head without any real investigating.

I believe the Dusk taskbar icons do not include a skin for Evdo and changes our network to substitute a 3G connection icon on the taskbar instead. When you install the mms cab, I'm sure it may include network settings that cause the 3G icon to default back to Evdo, which again it has no skin for.

Thats my theory as to why it happens. Now as for resolving it, thats another matter. As for the battery, I'm thinking the mms cab may have included a 1% hack that may be responsible for changing that. Its all just a theory but you said you wished to know why it happened and I'm just sharing my oppinion to help ya understand what MAY actually be happening. That or something close to it. But like you said, if you know how to apply the settings manually then there ya go.

Flash yours and see the difference.
If I've helped you in any way, Please remember to hit the Thanks button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Ringtones get pulled from a number of locations:
Windows/Rings;
My Documents/My Ringtones;
SD Card/My Ringtones (create it).
Application Data/Sounds
or
Storage Card/Application Data/Sounds
always did it for me. Everything I include in those folders always register in the ringtones

Last edited by livinxtreme2114; 01-05-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

For anyone living in a snow zone, I have attached a link to some Manila files that will add a weather panel behind the clock. This makes the ice on the panel look a little nicer. What happens is with a clear panel the ice forms on blank screen. I have attached an image that shows the ice on the corners of the clock, so you can see what I'm talking about.

The attached post contains the Manila files needed to create the panel. You also will need the date and alarm as the panel throws it off. I used all the files and just copied them to the windows directory using Total Commander.

Files:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1307

Its not perfect but I think it look better.

Droidrox39
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Nice job bro. Its good to see everyone coming together and adding their contributions. This is becoming more and more like the "People's" rom lol.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinxtreme2114 View Post
Nice job bro. Its good to see everyone coming together and adding their contributions. This is becoming more and more like the "People's" rom lol.
I think you are absolutely right. I am relatively new to this rom and chef, but I have loved what I have seen so far. I flashed the rom prior to the 12/30 release and am holding off on to reflash as I suspect he will be updating soon. Back to what you said though, I think it might be a good idea, if not already done, to get all the add ons that people are creating into one place (a post) so that they are consolidated and easily found by all. Just a suggestion. Great job on the rom and kudos to all that have contributed in their own way to make this the best rom i have seen to date.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Alltel > VWZ...Hear Me Now?

nelsont509 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoe05 View Post
so i have to put them in a specific folder?
Try copy and paste into the 'Windows' folder. You then should be able to see them in your notifications menu.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

djlenoir is keeping up the good workdjlenoir is keeping up the good work

I received my TP2 yesterday in the mail and will activate it today... but with mixed emotions. I simply fell in love with my TP all over again with your Sense 2.1 ROM. I never had a ROM that worked so well and was as responsive as this ROM. So it is with mixed emotions that I say goodbye to the TP community. With people like ahuskins, rootlinux, winmonewbie and many others, the TP community is in good hands. The best may be yet to come! Many thanks to you all.
Radio.....1.39.00.05.31
Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestick00 View Post
I think you are absolutely right. I am relatively new to this rom and chef, but I have loved what I have seen so far. I flashed the rom prior to the 12/30 release and am holding off on to reflash as I suspect he will be updating soon. Back to what you said though, I think it might be a good idea, if not already done, to get all the add ons that people are creating into one place (a post) so that they are consolidated and easily found by all. Just a suggestion. Great job on the rom and kudos to all that have contributed in their own way to make this the best rom i have seen to date.
Many of the posters of mods have linked them in their sigs, such as Root, jdm, num5kull and others to make the tasks of finding things a little easier. Also every add on, mod, app, or attachment that gets posted in this thread can be found and downloaded by backing out of the thread and clicking on the paperclip beside the Threads title. This feature should also be used to keep the same items from being posted over and over for users, by just referering them to the attachments page.

Hard to put all the items peeps come up with into one location, many are found within other threads and brought here. Adding a post with all would take up some major room if it weren't just links to various items & time to make the poat and find all the links and would just be triple(or who knows how many times) posting of the same materials if it weren't just a post full of links for people to chase. It would be nice to go one place and not have to use a search feature or go back a few pages to try to find something, but it would kill the site if every chef and every theme maker did that. Just my 2c. I am just happy to see a ROM that so many are eger to jump in and add to.

Kudos to Ahuskins again for a superb peice of work!

Last edited by Whotahn; 01-05-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

skipdogg is just getting started

Quick question, has anyone been able to get the streaming media player to work with this ROM, everytime it finishes buffering it just closes. Any suggestions would be helpful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3