PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 031410 CE OS 5.2.23542 M2.5.2012/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Yes the clock and the background would have to be added separately. PM jdm, he's good peeps, he'll let you know where he got those mods from.

As far as cabbing up a full theme-yes, it's *possible*. The issues vary. Sometimes some elements need to be installed before others. Some elements may need to be written to different aspects of the OS.
Not everyone likes the same things so you and I may want the background but I dont want the clock...

If you gathered all the elements of the theme together then YOU may be able to write a cab that would install them all upon your next flash of a new ROM.

IMO it's simpler to have a few different cabs set to run upon initial set-up with a program like Sashimi.

Hope that helps.

Answered my questions. Thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 031410 CE OS 5.2.23542 M2.5.2012/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
Answered my questions. Thanks
No prob, happy to help.

@ All-no official word on the next release. I an NOT speaking for ahuskins-just thought his faithful users would like a heads up---I think some new work is coming down the pike, just no timetable.
IMO, ahuskins is like me, a bit of a perfectionist and doesn't release updates till they are up to his high standards.
Like I said-NOT speaking for the man, just dropping my .02
Hope everyone's long weekend rocks!
Old 05-30-2010, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

kpbuton is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to kpbuton

Quote:
No prob, happy to help.

@ All-no official word on the next release. I an NOT speaking for ahuskins-just thought his faithful users would like a heads up---I think some new work is coming down the pike, just no timetable.
IMO, ahuskins is like me, a bit of a perfectionist and doesn't release updates till they are up to his high standards.
Like I said-NOT speaking for the man, just dropping my .02
Hope everyone's long weekend rocks!
Thanks for the heads up. We have been patiently waiting and would prefer a high end release not just an average update.

Cheers!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Foots is becoming a great contributor

I'm having something weird happen to me now. I flashed the latest rom about a week ago and everything was fine. Then, after trying to install the latest cookie home tab and editor, I've started having problems, even after uninstalling them and re-flashing the rom. When I try and edit the home tab, sense will shut off and say its loading, then says to load sense tap the screen, which then repeats the message again. When it does that, I soft reset, but it never gets past the Touch Pro screen, and it even hard reset on me as well. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foots View Post
I'm having something weird happen to me now. I flashed the latest rom about a week ago and everything was fine. Then, after trying to install the latest cookie home tab and editor, I've started having problems, even after uninstalling them and re-flashing the rom. When I try and edit the home tab, sense will shut off and say its loading, then says to load sense tap the screen, which then repeats the message again. When it does that, I soft reset, but it never gets past the Touch Pro screen, and it even hard reset on me as well. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
It sounds like similar problems I had when I didn't use 7zip. I would re-unzip using 7, do the flash dance, and then reload the ROM. Anytime I had problems with Ski's work, it was because I used a different unzipper.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Foots is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbuton View Post
It sounds like similar problems I had when I didn't use 7zip. I would re-unzip using 7, do the flash dance, and then reload the ROM. Anytime I had problems with Ski's work, it was because I used a different unzipper.
Ok. I'll try that out. I love this rom and don't want to have to switch to something else. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Ok. I'll try that out. I love this rom and don't want to have to switch to something else. Thanks for the info.
No worries! I can't see going to another ROM because everything I need/want and more is available here.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
kp is right on the button (lol-sorry, I had to ) some people do see weirdness if they dont unzip with 7zip.

Just a heads up-you are trying to update a COOKED IN version of co0kie and CHT editor. They can not be uninstalled which is what co0kie recommends.
While I do not think this caused your issues I thought you should know you *may* see some issues post-upgrade. Mine were mostly graphical. I'm pretty sure I had full function of the co0kie mod when I did it, just had some minor glitches. I posted about it awhile ago, I'll see if I can find it.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
kp is right on the button (lol-sorry, I had to ) some people do see weirdness if they dont unzip with 7zip.

Just a heads up-you are trying to update a COOKED IN version of co0kie and CHT editor. They can not be uninstalled which is what co0kie recommends.
While I do not think this caused your issues I thought you should know you *may* see some issues post-upgrade. Mine were mostly graphical. I'm pretty sure I had full function of the co0kie mod when I did it, just had some minor glitches. I posted about it awhile ago, I'll see if I can find it.
Winmo, I've heard them all and like to hear any new ones. I haven't heard that one in awhile. Cheers Man!

I have never understood what the difference between unzipping between different programs is but using 7zip solved all of my SkiROM issues. Good luck with the coOkie upgrades. My attempt at using the coOkie hasn't been successful yet but I haven't really spent time to figure it out.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbuton View Post
Winmo, I've heard them all and like to hear any new ones. I haven't heard that one in awhile. Cheers Man!

I have never understood what the difference between unzipping between different programs is but using 7zip solved all of my SkiROM issues. Good luck with the coOkie upgrades. My attempt at using the coOkie hasn't been successful yet but I haven't really spent time to figure it out.

It shouldn't matter as winrar can handle the file type also but our empirical data says otherwise

As to the co0kie upgrade-JUST DO IT! lol It's an incredible mod and the best around IMO though MaxSense MIGHT trump it-gotta see it in a ROM.
The most time involved is setting it to your preferences. What haven't you had luck with? PM me or check out the co0kie page on xda if your having troubles.

As to my "upgrade" warning to Foots HERE is my post on it. Now that I re-read it the only significant issue was the lockscreen alignment. Just lookout for weirdness
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3