PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

haida1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 031410 CE OS 5.2.23542 M2.5.2012/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

So far so good, SKI-ROM holds the record for "longest ROM on my device (TP Pro btw), ever"! It's been a good two almost three weeks now and it's an amazing ROM! There are a few points where it lags: When I fill all the spots available on my home screen "cookie monster" the scrolling for TF3D lags and is not smooth at all. Not a big deal to me as I was only testing it out and hardly use that many shortcuts anyway. Also, when I use the iPhone like sms threading to reply to texts, it takes a really long time to return to TF3D, there was a few times where I had to soft reset because it took so long to get there. Other than those two things I've found this is the bestest ROM!! Good job!!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint PCS

cgutta85 is a n00b
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 031410 CE OS 5.2.23542 M2.5.2012/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Outstanding rom sir!! My only beef is that i've had to flash it twice and it still freezes on the bootscreen.. I believe I'm going to have to flashdance with the latest stock sprint rom.. Other than that, major props to ya!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Lurker

cgutta85 is a n00b

OK.. I haven't flashed danced yet but this has happened for the third time and I believe I have a clue on why my boot screen freezes. After a short while of playing with the phone and successfully setting up ActiveSync. It downloads all of my data fine.. (calendar/email). It stays good for about a good 5 minutes. After navigating back to the home screen, my reminders will breifly show up and then disappear. Then when I go back to the calendar, I find out that the rest of the reminders on the calendar have vanished as well... So I continue playing around and find out that when I open total commander, the only folders present on my phone are //plugins and Storage Card. No windows directory, no documents, no windows files just those two folders... After that, I can't install any programs at all... When I go to soft reset.. it freezes.. (Maybe cuz it doesn't see the windows directory?) Like i said i've noticed the same thing each time I flashed... before this last time, I tried a hard reset but no dice on that one since it just happened again. Can't wait to get home a try a flash dance..I hope this works cuz the rom is sick.. but I can't function without my calendar!!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutta85 View Post
OK.. I haven't flashed danced yet but this has happened for the third time and I believe I have a clue on why my boot screen freezes. After a short while of playing with the phone and successfully setting up ActiveSync. It downloads all of my data fine.. (calendar/email). It stays good for about a good 5 minutes. After navigating back to the home screen, my reminders will breifly show up and then disappear. Then when I go back to the calendar, I find out that the rest of the reminders on the calendar have vanished as well... So I continue playing around and find out that when I open total commander, the only folders present on my phone are //plugins and Storage Card. No windows directory, no documents, no windows files just those two folders... After that, I can't install any programs at all... When I go to soft reset.. it freezes.. (Maybe cuz it doesn't see the windows directory?) Like i said i've noticed the same thing each time I flashed... before this last time, I tried a hard reset but no dice on that one since it just happened again. Can't wait to get home a try a flash dance..I hope this works cuz the rom is sick.. but I can't function without my calendar!!
flash dance dude it'll fix you right up
Old 04-07-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
Can't seem to figure out how to turn off the ticking sound when you are typing.

It's seriously a shame because I really really really like it, but how would I be able to live without appointments?
A flash dance will probably fix your calendar issues. That doesn't seem to be a problem others are reporting and I'm not experiencing that.

As for the typing sound, try under Settings->Personal->Input. Click options for your keyboard settings and uncheck "Turn on typing sound".

Jason
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutta85 View Post
Same problem with the calendar. Is anyone else's HTC text messaging super sluggish? I'm one step away from going back to Sense 2.1 which is much faster, and stabler. I just GOTTA have my calendar and text messaging functioning properly. Yes, I did the the full dance when I flashed this ROM.

I have to say, I'm quite disappointed because I was blown away when I initially flashed Sense 2.5.

SKI-ROM Sense 2.1, 123009
New Sashimi User
What I look for in a ROM: Stability, Speed, Easy To Use
Old 04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Same problem with the calendar. Is anyone else's HTC text messaging super sluggish? I'm one step away from going back to Sense 2.1 which is much faster, and stabler. I just GOTTA have my calendar and text messaging functioning properly. Yes, I did the the full dance when I flashed this ROM.

I have to say, I'm quite disappointed because I was blown away when I initially flashed Sense 2.5.
Dunno what the deal is. I have no TXT or Calendar issues here.
The most common thing that will slow down your messaging is volume of stored messages. Do you have a lot on the device?
As far as the Calendar issue it could be the Co0kie Mod. What is your Show Appointments toggle set to? I have it on Auto Hide and have no prob.
Under the CHT editor-Miscellaneous Settings- did you see the toggle for Appointment Update Mode? It says to use that if you have trouble with appointment updates. Never used it but it could be worth a shot? Just throwing it out there...
Another cause could be the way you are backing up your appointments. Did you try setting a new appt. and seeing if that sticks?
I use SPB backup (sometimes My Phone) fwiw.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Lurker

cgutta85 is a n00b

Alright, well I flashdanced last night to the sprint stock rom.. Everything seems to be running smoothly. I've actually been trying to break it rather than working around the issue that caused it to freeze up the last couple of times... everything seems all good now..

I also realized that this was my third custom rom flash without doing a flashdance in between updates!

All together, this rom is as solid as it gets! My compliments to the chef!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Dunno what the deal is. I have no TXT or Calendar issues here.
The most common thing that will slow down your messaging is volume of stored messages. Do you have a lot on the device?
As far as the Calendar issue it could be the Co0kie Mod. What is your Show Appointments toggle set to? I have it on Auto Hide and have no prob.
Under the CHT editor-Miscellaneous Settings- did you see the toggle for Appointment Update Mode? It says to use that if you have trouble with appointment updates. Never used it but it could be worth a shot? Just throwing it out there...
Another cause could be the way you are backing up your appointments. Did you try setting a new appt. and seeing if that sticks?
I use SPB backup (sometimes My Phone) fwiw.
I did have a ton of stored messages, but I cleared them and still no change.
The main issue with HTC text messenger was that I would go to the text tab, click the message to see it in the HTC text messenger, and if I press back it will take literally 3-5 seconds to do so. And if I send a message from there it will take 3-5 seconds to send it.

I tried changing the appointments toggle to auto hide/back to show all, but it didn't change anything. And when I clicked apply updates in CHT, it created a huge block of white on the bottom half of my screen, so I had to soft reset every time I changed a setting.

I have tried setting up a new appointment, it still suffered the same problem. I too use SPB backup.

I'm going back to the plain old, basic, but simple, fast, and stable Sense 2.1 ROM. I'm almost convinced that Sense 2.5 is too much for the regular HTC Touch Pro to handle (or maybe just my phone). Someone in my class today asked me what day our final exam was on, and I went to check my phone's calendar to see, but I remembered that I don't even have a functioning calendar.

Dancing as we speak.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I did have a ton of stored messages, but I cleared them and still no change.
The main issue with HTC text messenger was that I would go to the text tab, click the message to see it in the HTC text messenger, and if I press back it will take literally 3-5 seconds to do so. And if I send a message from there it will take 3-5 seconds to send it.

I tried changing the appointments toggle to auto hide/back to show all, but it didn't change anything. And when I clicked apply updates in CHT, it created a huge block of white on the bottom half of my screen, so I had to soft reset every time I changed a setting.

I have tried setting up a new appointment, it still suffered the same problem. I too use SPB backup.

I'm going back to the plain old, basic, but simple, fast, and stable Sense 2.1 ROM. I'm almost convinced that Sense 2.5 is too much for the regular HTC Touch Pro to handle (or maybe just my phone). Someone in my class today asked me what day our final exam was on, and I went to check my phone's calendar to see, but I remembered that I don't even have a functioning calendar.

Dancing as we speak.
Well Bro I'm still scratchin' my head. I know you Danced but it still seems like you didnt get a good flash.
Sense 2.5 is by no means too much for the TP, while she's a bit long in the tooth, the old girl screams with 2.5 ROMS (SKI & root) for me and others. Rock solid too.
I know it doesnt matter now but that white screen issue is common across ROMS, simply kick out your keyboard to throw it into Landscape, close, and everything is honky-dory (just in case you ever come back to 2.5/Co0kie Home Screen Mod)

Enjoy SKI 2.1, it rocks! Hey-look at it this way-at least you scratched your flash itch

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3