PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 012510 CE OS 5.2.23518 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZELLE View Post
Dudet is back in business. DK, is there a new update of Ski coming????
[Puts ear to ground]
All is quiet for now.
ahuskins is collecting data about issues from the last build, if you know of any PM him (not wishes or wants-as per his request).
Sorry, nothing more concrete than that.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

REPOST

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...90#post5439290

Choice is good. Stumbled across this over at XDA. I think someone was inspired by SMS Chat Bubbles and took it to the next level.

NOTE:
This did not work 100% with MaxSilver (rootROM), not major but the Send icon on the bottom menu bar was blank- but functional. The Ninja theme had a line across the messages, which made it hard to see. I'm guessing these small issues may have something to do with Chat Bubbles being cooked in already which is also cooked into SKI ROM.
Play with the cab and simply uninstall if it isn't to your liking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Waiting to upgrade until WP7 drops
Carrier: VZW

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are the rest of you guys really not experiencing the same problem with the start menu smearing?

I had always assumed that it was a tsk problem and sowehow related to the Classic Blue theme causing problems and if thats indeed true then many of you should be having the same trouble. I am about blew in the face with it and all the constantly re-flashing in hopes of it being avoided only for it to continue to happen again and again. And like I said previously, I've not even touched the home settings each time it occurs so I know now its no longer what I had always originally thought about it being related to changing your theme.

However I have noticed in the initial setup on first boot that the theme is set to Classic Blue by default and seems to install the Dusk theme through the customization process. That may be the problem but I am not completely sure.

Here is a preview pic to give you all a better understanding of what I'm trying to describe as being the problem. The start menu seems as though its unable to redraw itself through the transitions and leaves traces of previous screens while scrolling or changing folders. It comes out a huge mess, hence the "Smearing Effect".

At this point after countless hours of wrestling, I am all ears for ideas on how to resolve this so any input you all have is welcome.

Thanks guys

Flash yours and see the difference.
If I've helped you in any way, Please remember to hit the Thanks button.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinxtreme2114 View Post
Are the rest of you guys really not experiencing the same problem with the start menu smearing?

I had always assumed that it was a tsk problem and sowehow related to the Classic Blue theme causing problems and if thats indeed true then many of you should be having the same trouble. I am about blew in the face with it and all the constantly re-flashing in hopes of it being avoided only for it to continue to happen again and again. And like I said previously, I've not even touched the home settings each time it occurs so I know now its no longer what I had always originally thought about it being related to changing your theme.

However I have noticed in the initial setup on first boot that the theme is set to Classic Blue by default and seems to install the Dusk theme through the customization process. That may be the problem but I am not completely sure.

Here is a preview pic to give you all a better understanding of what I'm trying to describe as being the problem. The start menu seems as though its unable to redraw itself through the transitions and leaves traces of previous screens while scrolling or changing folders. It comes out a huge mess, hence the "Smearing Effect".

At this point after countless hours of wrestling, I am all ears for ideas on how to resolve this so any input you all have is welcome.

Thanks guys

I had the smear problem once and it happened after I changed the theme. I reflashed and never touched the theme again and have not had the problem since. I have not modded the rom in any way. Maybe your customizations have something to do with it? That is definitaly a weird and crappy problem to have.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Waiting to upgrade until WP7 drops
Carrier: VZW

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah same here. I first encountered this a ways back after fooling around changing the themes on 6.5 when the first builds came out. So I always assumed that aslong as you stay away from changing the theme, you're all good. Well now its occuring without having touched the theme settings, and just shortly after flashing.

As far as customizations go, I had the same conclusion at first so I decided to re-flash and give it shot without installing any of my own mods. But unfortunately it happened yet again. I'm lost at this point. It's frustrating but I may just have to go back to the 011010 build for now.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yeah same here. I first encountered this a ways back after fooling around changing the themes on 6.5 when the first builds came out. So I always assumed that aslong as you stay away from changing the theme, you're all good. Well now its occuring without having touched the theme settings, and just shortly after flashing.

As far as customizations go, I had the same conclusion at first so I decided to re-flash and give it shot without installing any of my own mods. But unfortunately it happened yet again. I'm lost at this point. It's frustrating but I may just have to go back to the 011010 build for now.
That really sucks because you have some nice mods. I would hate to have to keep setting things back up just to have the smear again. Hope some one can come to your aide soon.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Alltel > VWZ...Hear Me Now?

nelsont509 is just getting started

Quote:

I too have seen this "smear" and "overlap", when using the 011010 MD build. I believe it was a day or two before his 012510 release. I flashed back to stock to retrieve my MMS settings, then flashed his 012510 MD. Not saying this is the prob, but I used to "CleanRam" all the time and someone mentioned that that could be the issue. I haven't "CleanedRam" since.

P.S.-- I've Never changed the theme, or even though about it.

P.P.S.-- I Love your Mods! At the time of my happenstance, I did not have them active !!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1265722268
Attached Images
File Type: jpg startmenusmear.jpg (19.6 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nelsont509; 02-09-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond/TP2

atrn271 is keeping up the good workatrn271 is keeping up the good work

I have been playing with this ROM the last few days. I have not encountered any problems whatsoever. Great ROM! Thanks for your work.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stlscott is a n00b

Greetings...great ROM... been using it for about 2 weeks now... I've had the smear issue pop up 4 times so far and a hard reset resolves it. Also, it seems that the phone locks up or turns off over night while on the charger. I'm not sure why. I've also had it lock up several times during the day. My phone sync's with an Exchange Server using VPN so maybe it's a memory setting. What settings might I change it to that would make it more stable? Also, I'm running SPRINT and have not modified any settings that would provide better battery life... suggestions?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlscott View Post
Greetings...great ROM... been using it for about 2 weeks now... I've had the smear issue pop up 4 times so far and a hard reset resolves it. Also, it seems that the phone locks up or turns off over night while on the charger. I'm not sure why. I've also had it lock up several times during the day. My phone sync's with an Exchange Server using VPN so maybe it's a memory setting. What settings might I change it to that would make it more stable? Also, I'm running SPRINT and have not modified any settings that would provide better battery life... suggestions?
just a quick question regarding the lock up overnight issue. are you using S2u2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3