PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 05:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoov View Post
In order to change the keyboard, hold the keyboard symbol at the bottom for a few seconds and the "Drop-Down" list will appear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Its kinda sad that we have to reset out TPs so much we need a button for it LOL. This is what I use, I do like the button in NRG ROM which I think originated in a Mighty ROM.
After a bunch of searching and coming up empty handed I finally gave in and installed Windows Marketplace. Guess what I found? A nice little FREE app titled "Reboot!".

Installed it, and assigned "Reboot Now!" to a quick link that doesn't show on my home screen (I can see 5 the way I have it set up, and don't feel like tapping it by accident) and it works perfectly.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Re: Wallpaper/Background question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz65 View Post
I have a very nice pic of my 2 daughters that I have on my Home screen but they are blocked by the clock/weather graphics in the middle of the screen. Is there a way to minimize that graphic so I can see more of the pic? I did swipe "up" but it gives me the programs shortcuts which blocks more of the pic. Swiping "down" gives all of the manila tabs with the same results. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

p.s. I no longer have the desire to own a TP2 now that my Pro has the SkiRom. This rom makes having this phone fun again! Following this rom development has made me more confident in the whole flashing procedure and I even used Sashimi for the first time to install my cabs which for me was a BIG deal! Big ups to AHuskins for the tremendous work and to the others who have contributed and help newbies like me to get on board!
Boaz65... try this link. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102324 It includes transparent mods for 2.5. Among others, there is a transparent clock mod that also makes the weather mod transparent. Words do these mods no justice. Num5kull27 did an amazing job with these. I take no credit for these mods, I just use them all!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Wow, doing a hard reset now because I'm a dumb a....

Playing around with Max Manilla, which I'm totally in LOVE with, and somehow ended up in titanium. Hit GO Lite, or something, and for the life of me couldn't find how to get back, and being new to 6.5.X I've never been in anything less than TF3D.

mental note, don't try that one again...
Old 01-13-2010, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay

Quote:
Originally Posted by yut916 View Post
looks like there is no keyboard typing sound settings. i tried searching through every folder. maybe it's hidden
Go to Start-Settings-Sounds and Notification. Check Screen Taps and or Hardware buttons. Hope this is the answer you are searching for.

LayLay
" for hitting the Button!"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Alltel > VWZ...Hear Me Now?

nelsont509 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 View Post
Wow, doing a hard reset now because I'm a dumb a....

Playing around with Max Manilla, which I'm totally in LOVE with, and somehow ended up in titanium. Hit GO Lite, or something, and for the life of me couldn't find how to get back, and being new to 6.5.X I've never been in anything less than TF3D.

mental note, don't try that one again...
Fairly new myself but I believe you pressed the " Go Titanium" button, Which is WM default... it disables TF3D/sense. To get back, tap on Win Flag > settings > Home > items> then select HTC Sense. Hope this helps.

Titanium is cool by its own rights, but I prefer HTC's fingerability, if thats a word. LOL

Last edited by nelsont509; 01-13-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
I installed the Sense2.1 01.10 build last night and I agree that Sashimi is not behaving the same as before. Cabs install just fine but some scripts like "automate PIMBackup restore" doesn't work right. For the meantime, I manually run all my scripts. There were some issues mentioned earlier about things not installing on the SD but IMO you shouldn't have to keep reinstalling things to the SD. Try a search in this thread for "sashimi fix".
I used the sashimi fix but no go and I also have a strange start menu bleeding issue. I suspect it is a specific program causing it but I have so many it will take forever to narrow it down. Anyone have the same issue of the start menu bleeding or running as you swipe it. It is like the video mem can't keep up.

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yut916 View Post
looks like there is no keyboard typing sound settings. i tried searching through every folder. maybe it's hidden
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayLay View Post
Go to Start-Settings-Sounds and Notification. Check Screen Taps and or Hardware buttons. Hope this is the answer you are searching for.

LayLay
That and if you want the sliding sounds too when you open or close the keyboard, go to Start-Settings-Personal and click on the "Keyboard Sliding Sounds" lnk.
Cheers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotravelcat View Post
I used the sashimi fix but no go and I also have a strange start menu bleeding issue. I suspect it is a specific program causing it but I have so many it will take forever to narrow it down. Anyone have the same issue of the start menu bleeding or running as you swipe it. It is like the video mem can't keep up.

I hate to recommend a hard reset but you may have to resort to that. Sashimi installs your cabs in alphabetical order so I usually add numbers to my cabs in the Sashimi cab folder so that they install in a specific way i.e: add 1, 1.1, 1.2... to standard apps; 2, 2.1, 2.2...to manila mods; 3...to cabs for registry tweaks. By organizing your install this way, you minimize the chance of overwriting/changing registry settings needed for standard apps and it is easier to track down the cab that may be causing havoc to your TP. IMO "bleeding" issues are usually due to manila mods. When you do finally narrow it down, be sure to post the name of the cab creating the problem for others to see.

Last edited by christian.a; 01-13-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Great work on the rom. I am about to go ahead and update to the 1/10 release which means its sashimi time. I had a question about sashimi. I have been using the program for some time and I cannnot figure out how to make the cabs i am using install to the destination without asking. They are already in the folder for storage card install but the individual installs of each cab ask anyway. What is the process you have to do so that the individual cabs you install using auto installer don't ask you the destination before installing? This would make the process alot quicker. I have been flashing so much that I figured i should learn a quick workaround. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayLay View Post

LayLay
Just for clarity-the OP was looking for typing sounds when using the SIP. On other manila builds there was an option to select just that. Obviously your work around takes care of it though you will here a sound whenever you touch the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotravelcat View Post
I believe ahuskins said the bleeding can happen if another theme gets selected. You may have already reset but if you can navigate to Settings/Home/Appearance and see if you can set the theme back to default. Dont know that it will fix it but it's worth a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestick00 View Post
Great work on the rom. I am about to go ahead and update to the 1/10 release which means its sashimi time. I had a question about sashimi. I have been using the program for some time and I cannnot figure out how to make the cabs i am using install to the destination without asking. They are already in the folder for storage card install but the individual installs of each cab ask anyway. What is the process you have to do so that the individual cabs you install using auto installer don't ask you the destination before installing? This would make the process alot quicker. I have been flashing so much that I figured i should learn a quick workaround. Thanks.
Sashimi will still ask the question but if you leave it alone it will do it automatically after a small delay. afaik I have not seen a way to get rid of the question itself. The developers are supposedly working on an update, maybe that will change in the future?
Currently there is an issue with Sashimi writting to the SD card with the latest ROMs (not just SKI) the Sashimi fix is posted within the thread but some are saying it doesnt work for them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3