PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

Deadpool14 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

On the whole I like the rom but is there some additional magic trick I need to do to get the task manager/quick menu thing to show up (the app switcher that is supposed to open when pressing the clock). I read some people saying that it needs to be press and held for 3 seconds but that doesn't seem to work always is there a more specific area I need to be pressing or something?

Thanks for producing a good ROM though!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dahoov is keeping up the good workdahoov is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool14 View Post
On the whole I like the rom but is there some additional magic trick I need to do to get the task manager/quick menu thing to show up (the app switcher that is supposed to open when pressing the clock). I read some people saying that it needs to be press and held for 3 seconds but that doesn't seem to work always is there a more specific area I need to be pressing or something?

Thanks for producing a good ROM though!
I tap the upper right corner to bring up the old drop-down style "Notifications Tray", then press and hold the same spot in the corner just until "Start" appears in the upper left corner, then release. Works for me almost every time, but YMMV.

Last edited by dahoov; 01-15-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

Deadpool14 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoov View Post
I tap the upper right corner to bring up the old drop-down style "Notifications Tray", then press and hold the same spot in the corner just until "Start" appears in the upper left corner, then release. Works for me almost every time, but YMMV.

Thanks for the information I see the correlation (well mine says "RootRom" not "Start") now but it still seems as though that happens pretty infrequently. Which is to bad I like that this rom seems to have built in support for USCC MMS.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

DesiChora is keeping up the good workDesiChora is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
How do you get GV invites to send out?
I want to get my babies mom one and my mom. LOL
Baby has a crap load of doctors we call and my mom has terminal ill family out of state.
We all have Free 3 on our Sprint plans that we will add GV# to for free outgoing calls.

I am thinking there is a place for GV users to invite others to join but I do not see any.

If you guys know how please PM me with details.

Started working on a new rom but it will take a bit to get right.
Not sure which way I want to go with it yet. LOL
Something will be your way soon.
You should see how many invites you have on login page on left hand side.

.:":. HTC EVO.:":.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: The Now Network..Sprint

aceNOLO is a n00b

This is actually the WORST ROM I have ever put onto my Sprint Touch PRO. It is slow, unresponsive, and does not do what it says, (at least this is my experience) I had less trouble with the OTB ROM. It looks great, but if you actually need to use your device and not just look at it, this ROM is useless. It wouldnt even sync my device using activesync. it kept saying your device is not recognized. I even stripped it of useless apps in hopes that it would speed up. In the end I feel like 2 hours of my life were wasted, because i have to flash another ROM, one that will actually work with activesync.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceNOLO View Post
This is actually the WORST ROM I have ever put onto my Sprint Touch PRO. It is slow, unresponsive, and does not do what it says, (at least this is my experience) I had less trouble with the OTB ROM. It looks great, but if you actually need to use your device and not just look at it, this ROM is useless. It wouldnt even sync my device using activesync. it kept saying your device is not recognized. I even stripped it of useless apps in hopes that it would speed up. In the end I feel like 2 hours of my life were wasted, because i have to flash another ROM, one that will actually work with activesync.
Did you follow the regular steps for flash this or other new rom in your TP.
Definetively this rom it's not that you said.
Try to flashdance and flash again Rott Rom.
Good luck
Old 01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

tb5... is keeping up the good worktb5... is keeping up the good work

Quote:
WHICH ROM ARE YOU FLASHING?

AND IN EITHER CASE HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT BEING 1 OF THE ONLY PEOPLE HAVING ISSUES WITH ANY OF ROOTS ROMS?

THINK LOGICALLY ABOUT WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE... THE ROM... THE FLASHING PROCESS YOU WENT THROUGH... OR YOUR DEVICE. THINK THINK THINK.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:21 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Well ok then.
Nice seeing you here but you have said nothing useful or even what rom you were using.
All these roms work and are not slow useless or unresponsive.
I have to say user error.

If you still want to try the rom then we will help you but if you just want to bash a rom that you have not even tried to get working then these roms are not for you.
They all work " OTB " with no added tweaks or work needed.
Guess you have not read the download page or this thread.

I hope you find a better, useful rom some where else.

Have a great day.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:22 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah18us View Post
im having a problem with corrupted ringers.
I have seen that on other roms in the past.
Try using MP3Trimmer to make the ringers.
That should work.

Let me know.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiChora View Post
You should see how many invites you have on login page on left hand side.

It doesn't show I have any.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium