PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

hey just something i notice.....

when using the opera that is cooked in dark root and rootrom to post something in the thread or to write something in general it is very laggy like i can be typing and after like five words it will start populating the words in or if i press the backspace key it will be lagging to. It drove me nuts and since i had ran the last rom i had of roots for more than a week or two i decided that i may be using this one for awhile and wanted to see if i could figure out a solution.

so since i had used the slim root or rootrom not sure (whichever one that dont have opera cooked in) i had to download the cab myself and install.

so I decided to test something out with the dark root that i am currently running i installed that cab on my device and it there has not been one single lag with opera since in fact i have typed this entire post from my phone.

so I am not sure if i am the only one experiencing this or not but i decided to let everyone know my findings.

and yes the cab that i have is opera 10 official not one of the beta's
Old 04-19-2010, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

I am experinced with Dark and now with Red very often this with QuickGPS any solution for it?

Old 04-19-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
I am experinced with Dark and now with Red very often this with QuickGPS any solution for it?

yes press the menu button in quick gps and turn it off i was getting it only when i activesync
Old 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
yes press the menu button in quick gps and turn it off i was getting it only when i activesync
You are rigth turn it off but I never experienced this and I am gettingt too when I conected to my computer
Old 04-19-2010, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
You are rigth turn it off but I never experienced this and I am gettingt too when I conected to my computer
yeah it started to get irritating to me i think it was in 4/3 possibly or i just been connecting my phone to the computer to much lately lol but yep once u uncheck that box u will be good to go it actually says would u like to download when connected through active sync.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

Red with 1.7.1

Last edited by jdm627; 04-19-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sstor792 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
hey just something i notice.....

when using the opera that is cooked in dark root and rootrom to post something in the thread or to write something in general it is very laggy like i can be typing and after like five words it will start populating the words in or if i press the backspace key it will be lagging to. It drove me nuts and since i had ran the last rom i had of roots for more than a week or two i decided that i may be using this one for awhile and wanted to see if i could figure out a solution.

so since i had used the slim root or rootrom not sure (whichever one that dont have opera cooked in) i had to download the cab myself and install.

so I decided to test something out with the dark root that i am currently running i installed that cab on my device and it there has not been one single lag with opera since in fact i have typed this entire post from my phone.

so I am not sure if i am the only one experiencing this or not but i decided to let everyone know my findings.

and yes the cab that i have is opera 10 official not one of the beta's
yup, thats caused by the final opera 10.
Two options:
go back to beta 3 version, that didnt have it i believe, not positive though, one of the old versions didnt.
get opera MINI 5 instead, i would recommend it, its the same UI as opera MOBILE but it seems to load pages faster and has no keyboard lag http://m.opera.com to download
hope this helps!
-Scott
Old 04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Winmonewbie would you post the black metal taskbar files. Could you post screenshots for bibobrian's taskbar and the black metal one. I did search for them and couldn't find screenshots.
Like money said, all files are in the threads attached files.
HERE
For bilbobrian be sure to grab morbidj's icon fix cab.
For the m6 black metal taskbar grab the black metal fix cab.
Just FYI-installing either taskbar may knock out the WM dropdown taskbar. Non-issue for me as I dont use it.

Bilbobrian

Black Metal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (11.9 KB, 105 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen05.jpg (11.8 KB, 106 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 04-19-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP Member

Amazing Red again and the battery yessssssssss
Old 04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: MetroPCS

juicy.cook is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
This is why using a shipped not dumped ROM is important. On the grey screen just before the flash it should say that the radio is included in the flash. Re-writing the radio helps to put all files back where they belong.
Hm, I used a dumped ROM. Maybe that is why I am still having the reception thing. But because everything is good right now I will not touch anything. lol. I will just wait for the next update and do a proper dance, without a dumped ROM. Thanks for the help.

Would flashing a new radio, without the ROM, help any? Or is it only beneficial when used with the stock exe ROMs?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium