PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRZ69 View Post
Hey root just flashed 4/18 xxxdarkroot and i noticed the personalizer is gone just wondering if i can get it back to customize the phone a lil bit more any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
That's now part of the Co0kie Home Tab mod.
Go Start/CHTEditor/Miscellaneous Settings/Scroll all the way down to Custom operator text. Make your change.
Then hit Menu/Apply Changes.
Take some time to explore all that the Co0kie mod has to offer, it's crazy.

EDIT:Hmmmm, The Case of the Disappearing Post.
I assume you figured it out since you deleted your post?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

yea did some poking around and stumbled upon it but thanx for the quick input i appreciate it
Old 04-18-2010, 11:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: MetroPCS

juicy.cook is a n00b

:/. i think its either me. or the phone. or maybe it is the reception fixer cab. flashed it after i danced. everything was working fine. went to do the myphone thing, after i installed the mms&data cab and the reception icon fixer, got myphone up and working. as it was syncing (pictures, texts, files, music) i went and showered. got back. error syncing, no prob, i usually do with the docs. went to check my new text message, and everything got real laggy. like i couldnt do anything with the device. did a soft reset via the pinhole on the bottom of the phone. also, the sd card isnt even in the phone yet, i kept it out for just in case.

alright. so after my hard reset, everything works fine now. which is weird. lol. hopefully this will be the end of my current issues. as an fyi, i danced with the telus rom from the stickied forum.

now that everything is in order, thank you guys. i am just curious as to why the reception signal is still whacky, without the cab fix. when i danced, the signal bar was working fine. then when i flashed to the new rom it did the "searching" thing again. weird. and sorry this is a little everywhere. i was typing it as i was going through it. lol. ps, sd card is in and still fine, so i pretty sure its not that. but i think i may be fixed. =D
Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Oops. It was supposed to take you to roots attached files. From the CDMA Upgrade page just click on the paperclip icon to find all files that have been posted in the thread.
I'll fix the link.

Edit:Link fixed, Google Chrome wouldn't let me link it for some reason
just tried the metal taskbar and didnt have any luck maybe something is wrong with my device or bad flash i guess never had a bad flash before but anything is possible.

only thing i can think of that i didnt do with this flash was hard reset after flashing but root said he never do hard resets after flashing so i thought i would give it a try.

i will try a few more taskbar cabs and see if i get a hit.

thanks again!

EDIT: Got it to work but i dont think the results was worth the efforts i will post a screen shot of what i was doing but i had to install the taskbar you referenced and then installed the one i wanted on top of that with out uninstalling the one you referenced.

i have ran into three different things that took effort to figure out and still love this rom.

THANKS ROOT!!!!!!!!

Last edited by money711; 04-19-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Didn't add the blue clouds yet still debating if i will use another color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (14.0 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (9.3 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRZ69 View Post
yea did some poking around and stumbled upon it but thanx for the quick input i appreciate it
Sure, no prob. Glad you figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy.cook View Post
:/. i think its either me. or the phone. or maybe it is the reception fixer cab. flashed it after i danced. everything was working fine. went to do the myphone thing, after i installed the mms&data cab and the reception icon fixer, got myphone up and working. as it was syncing (pictures, texts, files, music) i went and showered. got back. error syncing, no prob, i usually do with the docs. went to check my new text message, and everything got real laggy. like i couldnt do anything with the device. did a soft reset via the pinhole on the bottom of the phone. also, the sd card isnt even in the phone yet, i kept it out for just in case.

alright. so after my hard reset, everything works fine now. which is weird. lol. hopefully this will be the end of my current issues. as an fyi, i danced with the telus rom from the stickied forum.

now that everything is in order, thank you guys. i am just curious as to why the reception signal is still whacky, without the cab fix. when i danced, the signal bar was working fine. then when i flashed to the new rom it did the "searching" thing again. weird. and sorry this is a little everywhere. i was typing it as i was going through it. lol. ps, sd card is in and still fine, so i pretty sure its not that. but i think i may be fixed. =D
Weirdness for sure but ultimately it looks like you got it. Couple of things-yeah-I've heard syncing docs through MyPhone can mess things up, the number of texts can too, if you have a ton of them make sure you are only holding onto the ones you really need. You said your SD card was out when some weirdness began so it looks like that is ruled out.
The stock ROM you Dance with doesnt really matter from a carrier perspective, the critical element is that the flash back to Stock includes a radio re-write. This is why using a shipped not dumped ROM is important. On the grey screen just before the flash it should say that the radio is included in the flash. Re-writing the radio helps to put all files back where they belong.
See below about taskbars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
just tried the metal taskbar and didnt have any luck maybe something is wrong with my device or bad flash i guess never had a bad flash before but anything is possible.

only thing i can think of that i didnt do with this flash was hard reset after flashing but root said he never do hard resets after flashing so i thought i would give it a try.

i will try a few more taskbar cabs and see if i get a hit.

thanks again!

EDIT: Got it to work but i dont think the results was worth the efforts i will post a screen shot of what i was doing but i had to install the taskbar you referenced and then installed the one i wanted on top of that with out uninstalling the one you referenced.

i have ran into three different things that took effort to figure out and still love this rom.

THANKS ROOT!!!!!!!!
Alright! So we are 3 for 3 with you guys
The 6.5.x taskbars are still a work in progress and not all of them work across all ROMs. From what I've seen the most common anomaly is the signal icon doing the search thing. Interestingly it doesn't appear to actually effect reception (at least in my experience)
The bilbobrian taskbar needs a signal fix cab, morbidj's does the trick.
The black metal task bar needs one too-I have it if anyone needs it just let me know.
Finally for the latest darkroot there was a signal fix cab included in the rar if anyone missed it. Post flash my reception icon was searching, but I ran the included cab and all is well.

Edit:
Looks good money
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:49 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I included a signal fix cab with roms that may need it in the rat. . Should work fine.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor

Question - Not sure if anyone else has this issue but my text messaging screen is oversized and I have two scrollbars when I go into sending a message. Is there a way to resize this in one of the files. Or can someone tell me which file I have to edit to make it fit properly.

Thanks

Last edited by playya; 04-19-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
Question - Not sure if anyone else has this issue but my text messaging screen is oversized and I have two scrollbars when I go into sending a message. Is there a way to resize this in one of the files. Or can someone tell me which file I have to edit to make it fit properly.

Thanks
According to your profile you have a Touch Diamond. That could be part of the problem as they both use different ROM's. RootRom os for the TouchPro.

David
Old 04-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post

Thanks
coulda searched for this one...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3992

& Dave he wouldn't have gotten this far if he'd flashed a diamond rom lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium