PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 01:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

somemorestuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 26 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Sorry, how do i do a quick check of it? Thanks.
Grab the PagePoolChanger from one of the other ROMS - since I flash back to stock all the time I use the first Sprint ROM found Here (just unzip everything, you'll see it).

run pagepool_changer.exe, point it at Root's ROM of your choice, and verify that the number in the middle-right is "0" instead of "6".

Good Luck!

Last edited by somemorestuff; 03-29-2010 at 01:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

somemorestuff is just getting started
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 26 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Updates....
Fully working taskbars with notification drop downs themed green or red.
All softkey icons are now fixed including lock screen.
Thanks! look forward to it Root!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Bell

Boogie1979 is a n00b

hey guys.

just wondering if anyone is experiencing issues with low ringer volume. i have volume maxxed.

tried searching and seems other are experiencing this too but now one has a fix. i tried the reg trick and it was already set to number 5.

thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

JunCTionA.M is a n00b

Downloaded Dark -- Softkey Lock and NavBack works perfect in both icon and text modes. Gotta sleep now but looks great so far. Looking forward to the updates on the other flavors. I'll thank you more thi$ coming Friday.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

trip is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I get that screen issue all the time after making a Co0kie edit and I hate to tell you this but all ya gotta do is kick out your kb so it flips to Landscape for a sec then close the kb and you're golden.
Cant comment on the ROM performance but I'd Dance and see how she is after that. I dont see any other similar posts so I'm getting the feeling it's more likely a bad flash.
Good luck.

ahh ok, heh... good to know
yeah i think ill flash to something else and see if that helps.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by somemorestuff View Post
Grab the PagePoolChanger from one of the other ROMS - since I flash back to stock all the time I use the first Sprint ROM found Here (just unzip everything, you'll see it).

run pagepool_changer.exe, point it at Root's ROM of your choice, and verify that the number in the middle-right is "0" instead of "6".

Good Luck!
Thanks. I ran it on the RootRom 3/26 and it is indeed 6 which sounds like Root said it shouldn't be.

I'm not going to bother reflashing to it with 0 though as i need to get the appointments working so might try another one or go back to an old one.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

well looks like my appointments on home screen magically came back. interesting, might jsut change the pagepool and reflash then
Old 03-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Checked those taskbars and they work great.
Expect new updates for Dark and RedRum this week as soon as I get time.
Will be using the green and red taskbars from that link.
Finally a dusk taskbar that works.

Thanks Ryan
No problem guys. Just stumbled onto them while looking for a softkey bar I liked better. Glad I could help. And thank YOU root for your ROMS...
Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bow_hunt2005 is a n00b

what is the battery reset? could someone point me in the direction of how 2 perform this? i appreciate it
Old 03-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by somemorestuff View Post
Thanks for temporarily fixing this Root! I just learned about the Max TF3D Theme Maker v4.1 and will report back if any icon configs work & don't cause the same problems. EDIT: ... Wow you're fast (I'll wait for the update).

NOTE: This ALSO fixed the context menu popup in Word (previously it would hang for a long time after long-clicking on highlighted text, grey out the screen like it was about to bring up the menu and then just sit there grey, but blank - no borked up menu like the text messaging one). EDIT: I'll double-check that for you in the new version.

Note that it did not fix another strange new behavior (since about the 15 Mar versions): if you're in Arcsoft (any email account) and click the right-softkey, then Tools, then Options - a "long click" on any of the email accounts doesn't work! The work-around I've found is to use the d-pad down-arrow to select the account I want, then long click works (allows you to delete the account).

I somehow doubt many people use this of course - currently I'm using PPCPimBackup and it just doesn't seem to work right with emails (restores headers, but no body - causes duplicates for IMAP servers, etc). Ever since I moved to a 6.5 ROM I can't un-select an email account in PimBackup (it's hilarious, the check-boxes turn into radio buttons and all manner of strange things when you click them), so I delete the accounts before doing a backup for the next ROM update (oh, and I can't use the Manila Delete function on the Hotmail POP accounts for some reason - they're "greyed out"). I'm looking into SPB Backup and MS Myphone sometime this week (maybe simplify my life a bit!).

Now I'm rambling, but I also vote for the prior Arkswitch. The MEM usage was handy (I have no idea what the "slots" mean), and somehow occasionally I get a funky 9+ page list of all program icons (scrolls right to left) with favorites or something at the bottom that takes over the screen after selecting a program from the ArkSwitch menu (or sometimes just activating ArkSwitch). I was testing MortScript with a Bing install through SASHIMI when it all started (or was it capturing something with REGLOGGER?) - but either way it quickly became a pain in the butt. The first soft-reset didn't fix it, but somehow it seems to be behaving now (Along with ActiveSync actually connecting - is that activesync kill related? and S2U2 actually locking after returning from standby, which is another setting I use).

Do we still need the "Personalizer" cooked in on the versions with the Cookie Mod?

Oh, did the battery reset and got roughly double the life!!! (but lost some again after re-flashing w/o the battery fully charged): See Post 4524

Phew - apparently I need to post more often in shorter spurts -- Questions highlighted in Green to make them easier to see.

Thanks again, I'm actually considering waiting for the EVO (or the equivalently powerful phone not locked to some stupid specific sprint cell plan) since I have your ROM, rather than upgrading to the TP2 now!!!

BTW, I'm on Deco now - 27 Mar version. Nice touches all around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bow_hunt2005 View Post
what is the battery reset? could someone point me in the direction of how 2 perform this? i appreciate it

you cant be serious?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium