PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (USC)
Carrier: US Cellular

snipper_cr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 15 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Weather works in the current build since it's a 2011/2012 combo.
root didnt go with pure 2012 cuz of the weather issue.
You have to enable My Location from Menu on the Home Tab and weather works fine.

Did you get Hotmail set up?
Well I sort of got it set up. It seems to be using messaging to retrieve mail as opposed to Windows Live. While not a MAJOR concern, when it used Windows Live, I had to option to sync "as Items arrive" which was really nice. When ever I received an email, it would show up right away.

I'm not really sure how the process works. Normally when I scroll to email, I set up an account and when I enter "@hotmail.com" it starts the windows live setup process. Then when I'm done, my email tab has my hotmail stuff and all works as expected.

This time, I did everything but when I finished the Windows Live step, my email tab still had nothing listed as set up. I try to set up hotmail again but it DOESN'T go through windows live. It sets it up as a POP account. While this fixes the problem, it just confuses me as to what's going on. Why does it set it up as a POP account as opposed to letting windows live handle it?

Maybe someone can explain the process. I'm just going to keep using Root's awesome rom!

One quick thing, is there a way to disable the chime when the system starts up? The lady-type doesn't approve when I wake up before her and play with the phone and when it restarts makes a loud chime
Old 02-17-2010, 02:39 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 15 2

Check my DL page for the new section I put up today.
Grab Diamond Tweak.
You can turn off Startup sounds with that.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
Well I sort of got it set up. It seems to be using messaging to retrieve mail as opposed to Windows Live. While not a MAJOR concern, when it used Windows Live, I had to option to sync "as Items arrive" which was really nice. When ever I received an email, it would show up right away.

I'm not really sure how the process works. Normally when I scroll to email, I set up an account and when I enter "@hotmail.com" it starts the windows live setup process. Then when I'm done, my email tab has my hotmail stuff and all works as expected.

This time, I did everything but when I finished the Windows Live step, my email tab still had nothing listed as set up. I try to set up hotmail again but it DOESN'T go through windows live. It sets it up as a POP account. While this fixes the problem, it just confuses me as to what's going on. Why does it set it up as a POP account as opposed to letting windows live handle it?

Maybe someone can explain the process. I'm just going to keep using Root's awesome rom!

One quick thing, is there a way to disable the chime when the system starts up? The lady-type doesn't approve when I wake up before her and play with the phone and when it restarts makes a loud chime
That did happen to me too, on SKI's Rom I think. Turns out the setup wasn't quite complete. Go into Windows Live settings, and make sure there's a check in the Sync Email box. I set everything up, and for some reason it wasn't there. After I checked it, it worked fine.

I'm just here to help. Well, help, and flash, and flash, and flash...
If I was able to help you today, kindly click the Thanks! button.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Ok guys... Opinion time.
Now that we have Landscape back I have a question for you.
Do you want auto rotation like the old days of TF3D 2.1?

Here is Flip_IT_by_WildBerry_Team edited to auto rotate in my roms.
Download and check it out.
All credit to WildBerry Team.

If you guys like it I will cook it in for sure.
I love it so it may go in anyway.

Works great!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Ok guys. I added a little something to the DL page.
Go to the Home page and hit refresh.
I can't support those files but I will try to make it easy to find them for you.
Some may not be current so let me know and I will try to update them.
Thanks. Really cool. You could put in this section all the apps you cook in your complete ROMs. This way, when using Slim ROMs, we would just have to go there and pick what we want to use.

How your work with Sense 2.5.2012 is going?
Old 02-17-2010, 08:11 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

NEW rom I have been playing with.
Don't do bored very well. LOL
I call this one HomeRoot as it doesn't use Sense or Titanium and doesn't have any of those files in the rom.
Very lightweight rom but still has loads of apps and features.
Includes Opera 10b3

See the screenshots and you can see how much memory it has free.
Actually it has more than what the screen shot says as I have removed a few files that were not needed. About two more 2 meg free.
Page Pool is set to 6.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

sweet! looks good! it LOOKS like you have many sense-like features. what did you do?
Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
sweet! looks good! it LOOKS like you have many sense-like features. what did you do?
It uses Weather Panel as I wanted this rom to still have weather on the main screen.
It has a main tab, fav people tab, weather tab, shortcut tab, music tab and profile tab.
Pretty useful stuff.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
It uses Weather Panel as I wanted this rom to still have weather on the main screen.
It has a main tab, fav people tab, weather tab, shortcut tab, music tab and profile tab.
Pretty useful stuff.
looks great, root. when will she be ready for a test drive? i can't keep up with all your roms... just flashed your xroot 2/15. very nice. only issue was with texting.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Pretty useful stuff.
well, not really with texting itself, just the contact picker. i did the dance, flashed the rootness, and everything was great all day (i didnt try to text until last night.) In Sense I clicked on new message/menu/add contact and my contact list would not come up. If i startedtyping a name, it would not come up. If I typed a complete name, the list of numbers for that contact would not come up, but it said to select which number to use. If I hit select (which I could not see what I was selecting) it would use the primary number and let me fill in the message body and send the text

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium