View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 02:34 AM
snipper_cr
PPCGeeks Regular

snipper_cr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 15 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Weather works in the current build since it's a 2011/2012 combo.
root didnt go with pure 2012 cuz of the weather issue.
You have to enable My Location from Menu on the Home Tab and weather works fine.

Did you get Hotmail set up?
Well I sort of got it set up. It seems to be using messaging to retrieve mail as opposed to Windows Live. While not a MAJOR concern, when it used Windows Live, I had to option to sync "as Items arrive" which was really nice. When ever I received an email, it would show up right away.

I'm not really sure how the process works. Normally when I scroll to email, I set up an account and when I enter "@hotmail.com" it starts the windows live setup process. Then when I'm done, my email tab has my hotmail stuff and all works as expected.

This time, I did everything but when I finished the Windows Live step, my email tab still had nothing listed as set up. I try to set up hotmail again but it DOESN'T go through windows live. It sets it up as a POP account. While this fixes the problem, it just confuses me as to what's going on. Why does it set it up as a POP account as opposed to letting windows live handle it?

Maybe someone can explain the process. I'm just going to keep using Root's awesome rom!

One quick thing, is there a way to disable the chime when the system starts up? The lady-type doesn't approve when I wake up before her and play with the phone and when it restarts makes a loud chime