View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 AM
wiskydiver1
PPCGeeks Regular

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 15 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
Well I sort of got it set up. It seems to be using messaging to retrieve mail as opposed to Windows Live. While not a MAJOR concern, when it used Windows Live, I had to option to sync "as Items arrive" which was really nice. When ever I received an email, it would show up right away.

I'm not really sure how the process works. Normally when I scroll to email, I set up an account and when I enter "@hotmail.com" it starts the windows live setup process. Then when I'm done, my email tab has my hotmail stuff and all works as expected.

This time, I did everything but when I finished the Windows Live step, my email tab still had nothing listed as set up. I try to set up hotmail again but it DOESN'T go through windows live. It sets it up as a POP account. While this fixes the problem, it just confuses me as to what's going on. Why does it set it up as a POP account as opposed to letting windows live handle it?

Maybe someone can explain the process. I'm just going to keep using Root's awesome rom!

One quick thing, is there a way to disable the chime when the system starts up? The lady-type doesn't approve when I wake up before her and play with the phone and when it restarts makes a loud chime
That did happen to me too, on SKI's Rom I think. Turns out the setup wasn't quite complete. Go into Windows Live settings, and make sure there's a check in the Sync Email box. I set everything up, and for some reason it wasn't there. After I checked it, it worked fine.

I'm just here to help. Well, help, and flash, and flash, and flash...
If I was able to help you today, kindly click the Thanks! button.