PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 03:02 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 10 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Hey bro.
Glad you finally got a chance to drop in.
Odd you had issues with it.
You did do the dance?
It should have worked without issue.
If you do flash again let me know how it goes.

Nice to see you back from the dead.
Snowing here right now.
...yea, the install issues were minor. I ran into freezes along the way and needed to soft reset to progress through the install [one freeze at the align screen, one freeze during customization, and one during sashimi - but the sashimi could have been noob error on my part].

I did do the dance, but who knows? I wouldn't be concerned...I'm positive it's nothing with the ROM or other users would have reported it. ...and again, soft resets got me back on track every time. I'll def hit you up if I flash again and notice the same, but I really think it was just my device glitching.

The ROM has been solid all week - nothing of note to report out of the ordinary. I dig the threaded email and appreciate that texting works without issue. Lots of cool apps pre-loaded.

Definitely the stable ROM I need right now that things have been so busy.

...I'll try and keep my presence up as I continue tracking your progress. I miss all y'all noobs. Could probably put together a one page Guide for this:

Step 1...flash.
Step 2...conquer.

Hey dudes...deal with this right now:
Old 02-12-2010, 03:24 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 10 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...yea, the install issues were minor. I ran into freezes along the way and needed to soft reset to progress through the install [one freeze at the align screen, one freeze during customization, and one during sashimi - but the sashimi could have been noob error on my part].

I did do the dance, but who knows? I wouldn't be concerned...I'm positive it's nothing with the ROM or other users would have reported it. ...and again, soft resets got me back on track every time. I'll def hit you up if I flash again and notice the same, but I really think it was just my device glitching.

The ROM has been solid all week - nothing of note to report out of the ordinary. I dig the threaded email and appreciate that texting works without issue. Lots of cool apps pre-loaded.

Definitely the stable ROM I need right now that things have been so busy.

...I'll try and keep my presence up as I continue tracking your progress. I miss all y'all noobs. Could probably put together a one page Guide for this:

Step 1...flash.
Step 2...conquer.

Hey dudes...deal with this right now:
What? No 5-10 page guide?
Glad to have you here my friend.

Once I get my pc and kitchen back in order I will update again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

*Rubs eyes* Is that Three I see?!?!
Welcome back Brudah!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Hey Root just saw that new Opera Beta 3 available. Has Flash 3.1 built in and is supposed to be 50% faster.

Download from here (http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/)
Old 02-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Good to see you around here threefaces.

David
Old 02-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bdmont is a n00b

Just tried flashing the new Silver sense 2.5 and now my screen is frozen on the "touchpro" boot screen and won't go past that screen...any ideas on how to fix this...tied soft and hard resets took bat. out and let it sit...any help would be appreciated...
Old 02-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmont View Post
Just tried flashing the new Silver sense 2.5 and now my screen is frozen on the "touchpro" boot screen and won't go past that screen...any ideas on how to fix this...tied soft and hard resets took bat. out and let it sit...any help would be appreciated...
Most likely a bad flash.
Best bet is to flash to a stock ROM and then back to root.
Could be a corrupt download but I'd do the stock flash first.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Lurker

bdmont is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Most likely a bad flash.
Best bet is to flash to a stock ROM and then back to root.
Could be a corrupt download but I'd do the stock flash first.
thanks for the quick reply the usb wont send any info out to be able to flash via the laptop....tried reflashing...says no phone is connected.

Any ideas?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmont View Post
thanks for the quick reply the usb wont send any info out to be able to flash via the laptop....tried reflashing...says no phone is connected.

Any ideas?
Gave up on USB flashing awhile ago.
I always flash from SD card
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333
this could help.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Lurker

bdmont is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Gave up on USB flashing awhile ago.
I always flash from SD card
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333
this could help.
Thanks again...

Unlocked the phone Vol, Pwr, soft reset button again and is loading stock...
we shall see if it works...

yup.
thanks again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium