PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 03:10 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 21 09

Will work on that soon.
Problem is I want diff folders for the diff roms.
There are so many. LOL
Old 01-23-2010, 06:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Israel is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Question Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 21 09

Hi ROOT, just downloaded and installed "MaxRootRomComboGV0122_23518", it is frozen on the launch "htc sense..." and never does. I hard reset and re-flashed and same result. I'll try flashing Sprint ROM and then yours and hope it works. By the way I was running your "MaxRootRomComboGV0121_23518" then I flashed the Sprint stock "SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.6" and then the one mentioned above and it never worked.

Ill let you know how it goes. Hope it works, I like your work If not Ill roll back to the "MaxRootRomComboGV0121_23518". This one was working fine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (2.1 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 21 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Hi ROOT, just downloaded and installed "MaxRootRomComboGV0122_23518", it is frozen on the launch "htc sense..." and never does. I hard reset and re-flashed and same result. I'll try flashing Sprint ROM and then yours and hope it works. By the way I was running your "MaxRootRomComboGV0121_23518" then I flashed the Sprint stock "SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.6" and then the one mentioned above and it never worked.

Ill let you know how it goes. Hope it works, I like your work If not Ill roll back to the "MaxRootRomComboGV0121_23518". This one was working fine
Hmmm... I thought it was me... but I am experiencing the same thing. Frozen screens and/or frozenat boot up when I try to reset. Flash Dance doesn't seem to work.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post

It worked. Don't know what happened the first time around, but it now works. I'll relay any new info I run across. Thanks for the great ROMS
Old 01-23-2010, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ultimately what I did was:

1.) Flash " SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.6" form boot loader screen

2.) Let the Sprint Rom do its thing. (which originally I didn't, I just went ahead and flashed w/o letting the automatic set up take place)

3.) Through active sync I flashed " MaxRootRomComboGV0122_23518" instead of from Boot loader which I had done previously.

I don't know what difference any of this made, but the ROM seems OK so far. I'll check it all day Saturday and see whats up.

Thanks ROOT, for the ROM's.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
While I think the Dusk Taskbar is da bom, Bilbobrians is killer as well.
As per zone23, morbidj's signal fix cab is needed for Bilbobrian's task bar to display the signal icon correctly.
Attachment 56650
ahhh ya, good call..i always change the dualrssi registry but that my friend is a whole lot easier lol..nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstor792 View Post
thanks thats a lot better
no prob, hope i can help folks out more often

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Always liked that taskbar as well.
May use it in my rom.
thatd be slick mate, i find its easier to read than the dusk one..but thats only my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
Some of my folders in the start menu look like the default yellowish brown windows folders rather than the custom rom folders... no idea why.
yep thats a result of installing the bilbobrian taskbar..im still not very tech savvy so im not too sure whats changing when the taskbars installed..but there is a few different icon changers out like restart or jwmd icon changer you could use to swap them back..
Old 01-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

so from what ive read im not the only one who cant get showcase to work lol...so my question to you folks is what are you guys using instead? im using taskfacade and with this cab it puts on taskfacade and sets up so a long press send key fires it up..i find it works well so far...i was more or less just curious what others are rockin
Old 01-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

First off, I don't have a problem with the MaxDarkRootComboGV0121_23518 ROM so far its working great. (I brought back the 4 row start menu, I like it better) But other than that, it has been working great.

This is another problem I am have that has nothing to do with this ROM. But maybe someone knows a simple way of removing the up/down volume controls. The way I grab the phone it seems to turn down the volume all the way to mute. Mute is the most useless feature in this phone. If I want to make it silent, I will shut it off!! Well, it has to go. Either something that will prevent it from going past Vibrate or rid the controls altogether. Would be better for me if I could have an icon to adjust the volume, and deactivate the buttons. (Might need to be able to put it in bootloader mode, but that can be sacrificed. So anyone have a cab that will do this? Or SIMPLE instructions?

Old 01-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
First off, I don't have a problem with the MaxDarkRootComboGV0121_23518 ROM so far its working great. (I brought back the 4 row start menu, I like it better) But other than that, it has been working great.

This is another problem I am have that has nothing to do with this ROM. But maybe someone knows a simple way of removing the up/down volume controls. The way I grab the phone it seems to turn down the volume all the way to mute. Mute is the most useless feature in this phone. If I want to make it silent, I will shut it off!! Well, it has to go. Either something that will prevent it from going past Vibrate or rid the controls altogether. Would be better for me if I could have an icon to adjust the volume, and deactivate the buttons. (Might need to be able to put it in bootloader mode, but that can be sacrificed. So anyone have a cab that will do this? Or SIMPLE instructions?
no idea, BUT if you figure out a way, afterwards to get in bootloader heres a cab to do it
Attached Files
File Type: cab Bootloader.CAB (8.2 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:09 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I tried Task Facade and did not like it.
Quickmenu is installed on these roms.
Drop down ms task manager is also there.
Task Manager 3.1 is also cooked in.
Several options my friend.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium