PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

tb5... is keeping up the good worktb5... is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

damn the vibrate always seems to just stop a few hours into your roms :\...

and i've been noticing lots of freeze ups when doin 2 things at once... hopes it's not the phone...

whats the life of these devices... or i should ask how many flashes are too many?

edit: respect for that sms bubbles add on root/winmo/askins... whomever it was who created it and found it... makes wm messaging much better.

Last edited by tb5...; 01-18-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:11 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

Flashing can go well into the hundreds of thousands I would imagine.

Vib seems to turn off after volume adjustments sometimes.
Not sure why it doesn't come right back all the time.
Have to look into it.

Not getting any slowness or freezing here.
Running new maxroot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Should be able to send video mms.
I have not tried.
I have got them but never sent.
Will test it and see.
It won't even let me set up a video MMS once you choose a video to send it says that you can't send this through MMS.

Also just wanted to say thanks you are good with supporting your product that is amazing.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:34 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
It won't even let me set up a video MMS once you choose a video to send it says that you can't send this through MMS.

Also just wanted to say thanks you are good with supporting your product that is amazing.
I have never sent a video MMS so I will have to figure it out and see if it works.
All other MMS works fine.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:11 AM
N00b
Carrier: sprint

chirodj5 is just getting started

I have been on NRG Rom's since his debut on PPC, but since i saw root is now creating his own, i thought i would give one a try. ( i admired him for all the assistance and insight he brought to NRG's forum)
I've been trying to figure out the features of each ROM.
I'm mainly looking for stability, plus as much of my schedule visible on the home page as possible. that visual voice mail kinda sounds cool to.
i normally swipe upwards on the clock to display more of my calendar, but i noticed on the maxdarkduskgv0117 or whichever version that is, if i swipe on the clock to minimize it, all my calendar disappears.

Eventually I'll make it through all 187 prior pages but until then...

any specific suggestions as to which ROM(s) should be my first to try out?

Last edited by chirodj5; 01-18-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:21 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirodj5 View Post
I have been on NRG Rom's since his debut on PPC, but since i saw root is now creating his own, i thought i would give one a try. ( i admired him for all the assistance and insight he brought to NRG's forum)
I've been trying to figure out the features of each ROM.
I'm mainly looking for stability, plus as much of my schedule visible on the home page as possible. that visual voice mail kinda sounds cool to.
i normally swipe upwards on the clock to display more of my calendar, but i noticed on the maxdarkduskgv0117 or whichever version that is, if i swipe on the clock to minimize it, all my calendar disappears.

Eventually I'll make it through all 187 prior pages but until then...

any specific suggestions as to which ROM(s) should be my first to try out?
I suggest either MaxRootRomCombo from today or MaxDarkRootCombo from today. errr yesterday.
They are the most current with the most features.

Landscape in Music, Album and HTC Messaging.
Program tab on Sense 2.5
Many new features and apps.

Those are my two favs.
Sense 2.1 is pretty good too.

Read through the thread from maybe the last 10-20 pages or so at least.
Lots of info here to help out.
Also I have info posted on my download page beside each rom to help more.

I would do a change log but as you can see I update often and there are A LOT of roms. LOL

If any one wants to help and post an apps list that would be awesome.
Know I should just do it but I would rather keep cooking and bettering these roms.
So many roms takes a lot of time.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:04 AM
N00b

Thank you very much for the quick reply MR. Linux , hehe

i tried your max dark combo earlier today, but had some problems with it so i am currently doing the flash dance and i think i will try the Max Root combo first.

Since i haven't used your ROM yet, the only suggestion i might have would be to group your ROMS on the download page by either OS version or Sense version or Both if it is easily doable.
At first, It took me some time to sort of grasp which roms were which. aside from that i look forward to experiencing what you have put together

Again, thanks for your time and your help
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

I will be doing more work on the download page.
It needs overhauled.
I just through it together on the new server.

Thanks for our input.
The more input I get the more it will help me know what needs to be fixed.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:16 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

You guys take a look at the DL page and tell me what you think.
Not done yet but I think it looks better.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:26 AM
N00b

how funny, i was just reading through your download page again and happened to reach the bottom and noticed the change in the organization of the roms.
WOW that was quick
I like it MUCH better. i hope others do as well.

Looks nice and clean and organized - nice work

also , thanks for putting the directions for removing the haptic feedback onto the download page. it was bothering me and i was worried it was gonna take me awhile to find out how to turn it off

Damn Clowns

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium