PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

MaxRoot Combo I used galarm and never sound.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

Will test it.
Using that rom right now.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

trip is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
It's not the radio or the ROM, it's Google. It's a known issue with My Location within Goggle maps and HTC phones. Google is aware and working on it.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...681f&hl=en#all

Check out the post from Christopher-Goolge empployee on 12/24/09.

EDIT: He does go on to say it may not just be HTC phones.

hmm thanks... yeah ive had it working and then not working etc. interesting how some people have it working with the same phone and rom though... just trying to think of differences such as radio, prl, etc.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:33 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
MaxRoot Combo I used galarm and never sound.
Ok after testing G-Alarm with MaxRootRom here is the result.
It works perfectly.
Here are my settings.

When I had fix alarm bug checked it did not work.
Bug fix is not needed on this rom.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
hmm thanks... yeah ive had it working and then not working etc. interesting how some people have it working with the same phone and rom though... just trying to think of differences such as radio, prl, etc.
Well there ya go-inconsistent results qualifies for a bug (Google's) in my book

DOES anyone have My Location working within Google maps? (With GPS OFF)
I'm 99% sure this is an issue with the latest Google maps so anyone running the older version may not have an issue.

Turning on GPS within the program is one of my first steps post flash to check out the GPS functioning so I dont sweat it.
Turning off GPS, soft resetting, and then hitting My Location today, is putting me in Atlanta, GA. Considering I'm in Tampa that's not gonna help me find the nearest gas station

EDIT: Go ahead and update your PRL and/or try new radios-cant hurt...testing is fun!
Old 01-16-2010, 03:01 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

When I open Google maps I hit menu/options/use gps.
It searches and finds my location in seconds.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
When I open Google maps I hit menu/options/use gps.
It searches and finds my location in seconds.
Yeah me too Bro, that's why I always enable it. But it "should" be able to use tower communication to give you a rough ballpark of your locale. That portion is the part that's not working correctly atm.
I dont really know why some find this an issue? I'd rather know EXACTLY where I am-lol
I guess My Location is supposed to be a backup in case of loss of sattelite signal? Not sure.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Well there ya go-inconsistent results qualifies for a bug (Google's) in my book

DOES anyone have My Location working within Google maps? (With GPS OFF)
I'm 99% sure this is an issue with the latest Google maps so anyone running the older version may not have an issue.

Turning on GPS within the program is one of my first steps post flash to check out the GPS functioning so I dont sweat it.
Turning off GPS, soft resetting, and then hitting My Location today, is putting me in Atlanta, GA. Considering I'm in Tampa that's not gonna help me find the nearest gas station

EDIT: Go ahead and update your PRL and/or try new radios-cant hurt...testing is fun!
Puts you in Atlanta? Just curious, do you have an airave? Does the same for me when I'm in my house so I think it may be due to my airave.

David
Old 01-16-2010, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yeah me too Bro, that's why I always enable it. But it "should" be able to use tower communication to give you a rough ballpark of your locale. That portion is the part that's not working correctly atm.
I dont really know why some find this an issue? I'd rather know EXACTLY where I am-lol
I guess My Location is supposed to be a backup in case of loss of sattelite signal? Not sure.
Or when you are inside. It also doesn't drain battery like GPS.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Puts you in Atlanta? Just curious, do you have an airave? Does the same for me when I'm in my house so I think it may be due to my airave.

David
not on root's rom but others have put me 1000 miles away. just google issues wouldnt think anything cell co. related

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium