PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 03:19 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

MaxDarkRootCombo1206refried is the NEWest posted.

I have not cooked any for the TP2 yet my friend.
If I ever upgrade to it I plan on cooking for it.

If I upgrade I will probably keep this TP around too.
Maybe I will cook for both. LOL
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:39 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

RootRom0107 is up for testing.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: boost

delak1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
RootRom0107 is up for testing.

Downloading and testing , thank you!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So far so good on the MaxDarkRoot0106. But some things still puzzle me, not sure if the can be fixed or not.

Email ICON: I keep the slider bar hidden so I can have all 20 quicklinks available. (even though the last row isn't all there, but 97% is unhidden) When I get mail, it's notification shows on the bottom (I think) because I cannot tell if I have mail. Is there a way to put a better icon there?

Weather: I would guess no one has written a total list for all US cities yet. Like in the previously used ROM's someone did a cab and all I had to do was click on it, and all US cities was there. Using the weather editor is a pain when they don't allow cut-n-paste in it.

Calendar icon: Can it be changed? It always shows the 17th, I rather is show a blank calendar or something. I mean it is only accurate once a month!! And to make matters worse, it is BIGGER than the date on the clock so it sticks out more.

Start Menu: This one you know about, I rather have the 4 row honeycomb back.

I still get the cannot connect #777 message once in a while, but not often enough to worry about it. Is there a way to shut that warning off? I think it has to do with reception more than the ROM, so the Stock ROM might have it off by default? I mean, this is better than the PPP 11 error which means I had to reboot. I haven't gotten that on any ROM from you yet.

Last but not least, is there a way to back up the email settings so I can just restore them after flashing to an updated ROM?

Old 01-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

smotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to smotrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
I still get the cannot connect #777 message once in a while, but not often enough to worry about it. Is there a way to shut that warning off? I think it has to do with reception more than the ROM, so the Stock ROM might have it off by default? I mean, this is better than the PPP 11 error which means I had to reboot. I haven't gotten that on any ROM from you yet.

Last but not least, is there a way to back up the email settings so I can just restore them after flashing to an updated ROM?
I still get the #777 as well, doesn't matter which ROM, every once in a while it shows up.

For your email, try SASHIMI, I have mine setup so every time I HR all I have to do is launch SASHIMI if support wasn't built in in and it automatically configures my phone (including outlook & gmail support) and installs all other CABs I use which are not installed in the ROM. Also applies all registry settings for the CABs I do install. 2-5 minutes after a HR my phone is ready to use again.

Only thing SASHIMI can't do yet is configure the MyPhone app to sync all my contacts and messages. But you can add a link so it's launched during SASHIMI, so that it get's configured as the last item before the phone SR's.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO G4
Carrier: SPRINT

JOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

how can i stop opera from starting when phone boots up?
Old 01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEOZUNA4U View Post
how can i stop opera from starting when phone boots up?
you might explain what build you are experiencing this issue with as it does not happen to me on the 0106 DarkRootCombo. are we safe to assume you are referring to sense 2.1? oh wait u know what happens when you assume? lol
Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO G4
Carrier: SPRINT

JOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
you might explain what build you are experiencing this issue with as it does not happen to me on the 0106 DarkRootCombo. are we safe to assume you are referring to sense 2.1? oh wait u know what happens when you assume? lol
yes 2.1 lol.... i even get an error "file//localhost/at" but if i close it and restart it, it boots up fine (opera)
Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

tb5... is keeping up the good worktb5... is keeping up the good work

brought my usb connection to work :\ im a damn addict... about to flash the new 06/01/10!!!

was wondering about the page pool though... what is this rom set to... and what is the FASTEST POSSIBLE setting for our phones...

what excatly does a 16 mb do? apposed to 32mb?

Last edited by tb5...; 01-07-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
So far so good on the MaxDarkRoot0106. But some things still puzzle me, not sure if the can be fixed or not.

Email ICON: I keep the slider bar hidden so I can have all 20 quicklinks available. (even though the last row isn't all there, but 97% is unhidden) When I get mail, it's notification shows on the bottom (I think) because I cannot tell if I have mail. Is there a way to put a better icon there?

Weather: I would guess no one has written a total list for all US cities yet. Like in the previously used ROM's someone did a cab and all I had to do was click on it, and all US cities was there. Using the weather editor is a pain when they don't allow cut-n-paste in it.

Calendar icon: Can it be changed? It always shows the 17th, I rather is show a blank calendar or something. I mean it is only accurate once a month!! And to make matters worse, it is BIGGER than the date on the clock so it sticks out more.

Start Menu: This one you know about, I rather have the 4 row honeycomb back.

Ok. I am guessing you have the Max option running.
If you are running full screen the only way to see the email icon is to have the notifications show on the home tab or it should show on the taskbar.

I do not have that weather cab or know what you are referring to.
If you find it and it works, you can post it here.

I do not usually run in Max mode but in DarkRoot mode the Calendar icon is perfect with the correct date.
Will check Max option again.

Start Menu.. I may make another rom with the 4 row menu but I have gotten used to List view and it looks much cleaner.

#777 may show up if the device is trying to connect to the net and can't because it is on a call or something.
Has happened on almost every rom I have ever used including Stock.
Have only seen it maybe once in the past month or so on my roms.

I use SPB backup to backup all my roms.
It is not free.

As smotrs said you can do it with sashimi for free.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium