View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
rootlinux
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
So far so good on the MaxDarkRoot0106. But some things still puzzle me, not sure if the can be fixed or not.

Email ICON: I keep the slider bar hidden so I can have all 20 quicklinks available. (even though the last row isn't all there, but 97% is unhidden) When I get mail, it's notification shows on the bottom (I think) because I cannot tell if I have mail. Is there a way to put a better icon there?

Weather: I would guess no one has written a total list for all US cities yet. Like in the previously used ROM's someone did a cab and all I had to do was click on it, and all US cities was there. Using the weather editor is a pain when they don't allow cut-n-paste in it.

Calendar icon: Can it be changed? It always shows the 17th, I rather is show a blank calendar or something. I mean it is only accurate once a month!! And to make matters worse, it is BIGGER than the date on the clock so it sticks out more.

Start Menu: This one you know about, I rather have the 4 row honeycomb back.

I still get the cannot connect #777 message once in a while, but not often enough to worry about it. Is there a way to shut that warning off? I think it has to do with reception more than the ROM, so the Stock ROM might have it off by default? I mean, this is better than the PPP 11 error which means I had to reboot. I haven't gotten that on any ROM from you yet.

Last but not least, is there a way to back up the email settings so I can just restore them after flashing to an updated ROM?
Ok. I am guessing you have the Max option running.
If you are running full screen the only way to see the email icon is to have the notifications show on the home tab or it should show on the taskbar.

I do not have that weather cab or know what you are referring to.
If you find it and it works, you can post it here.

I do not usually run in Max mode but in DarkRoot mode the Calendar icon is perfect with the correct date.
Will check Max option again.

Start Menu.. I may make another rom with the 4 row menu but I have gotten used to List view and it looks much cleaner.

#777 may show up if the device is trying to connect to the net and can't because it is on a call or something.
Has happened on almost every rom I have ever used including Stock.
Have only seen it maybe once in the past month or so on my roms.

I use SPB backup to backup all my roms.
It is not free.

As smotrs said you can do it with sashimi for free.