PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c
Re: [ROM] 11/22/09-0.5d | fresh rom | Major Fixes - Read Inside

I see your working hard over there . The add on are these listed in the link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97653 .it has some cool animation , makes it run faster and with associated with spare parts this thing flies on your .04 rom.... I know in the beta testing with the first .05 it disconnected the mobile portion not sure why. But this with all your other features will make your rom untouchable at this point
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
I see your working hard over there . The add on are these listed in the link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97653 .it has some cool animation , makes it run faster and with associated with spare parts this thing flies on your .04 rom.... I know in the beta testing with the first .05 it disconnected the mobile portion not sure why. But this with all your other features will make your rom untouchable at this point
Gotcha, ok. So let's see: I added the hosts ad-free browsing to 0.3 which never got released because the day I was going to release it the MR came out. I didn't add it to 0.4 because that was a middle-of-the-night rom to quickly have one integrated with the MR. It is in 0.5 though, and is a more up to date version of the file than those updates have.

The optimized rosie I'm indifferent about because I haven't seen evidence that it actually helps in any way other than saving space on the phone itself. But freshlyill has been working on it. Same with the framework and resources to change the screen animations. I had planned on adding those, just didn't get to it yet. I wanted to see how people felt about the animations first. People feel like when you add something in to a rom they are stuck with it, where as you are choosing to install those extras. Heh.

I haven't seen his bootscreen but we have our own so unless his is amazing I don't think I'd change it.

Edit: Oh and I originally took spare parts out in 0.2 because I was doing some testing to make sure people could upgrade from modaco without restoring and I didn't want to accidentally delete their data. I can add it back in though.

Last edited by flipzmode; 11-23-2009 at 12:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:27 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Can't get certain apps from the market after MR update. Someone n the modaco thread said it was fixed.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

SOunds good yes im excited about host ad free browsing. The animation screen on his im not worried about at all. I like the Fresh start up. you are right people do like add ons so they don't feel caged in. In the animations you can disable them in the settings. If you can incorporate the speed the add ons give you that will be a great thing. I think that is what i meant to say the most.You guys have a great Rom already
Old 11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Can there b an option for type of animation? I like the one from the upgrades BTW. Ur bootscreens fresh w his androids would b sweet. If app issue can b fixed and u keep ad free browsing it will b a great update. This is a great Rom!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post

Can't get certain apps from the market after MR update. Someone n the modaco thread said it was fixed.
Gotcha, ok. I see what you are talking about. I had some people tell me that the apps were showing on fresh rom so I hadn't looked in to it.

Copy/paste from my response on that thread over in xda:

Yea he did it by putting the old props file back in so it has the phone identify to the market that it's still version 1.26. I had mentioned in a few threads that I could add that to fresh rom if needed but wanted to see if Google/Sprint would fix the issue rather than tricking it in to something it wasn't. Although I've had multiple reports from people using Fresh that the apps were showing up for them even without a modified props.

I'm not sure yet. But maybe I'll put a modified one in mine also. I don't see how it could possibly affect it, but I wonder if that is some how related to the bluetooth speakers too? I'll check it out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:39 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

I see. But Sprint drags feet haha and u r on top of everything haha. If they fix maybe you could add that fix but trick it for now. I lost a lot of apps n market w update haha.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal

Sounds Good..On the Job. Yes..I need that .06 with all the fixes. Its like Pookie .Its calling me
Old 11-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

Rokair is a n00b

(Cross posting in XDA and PPC)
You guys are GREAT!!! I cannot hardly wait to try .6...

Did you happen to have any luck with the Stereo Bluetooth issues? I Know I Know... Like say something good just so i can ask a selfish question... lol

Thanks Again,
Rokair
Old 11-23-2009, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitz_1018 View Post
lol i have no probs doing that hehe. well of course I'd need a partner for that because I tend to travel a bit...unless i can photoshop from the hero! hahaha. but yeah i'd definitely contribute to designs
funny you should mention it...
http://mashable.com/2009/11/23/adobe...hop-android-2/

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokair View Post
(Cross posting in XDA and PPC)
You guys are GREAT!!! I cannot hardly wait to try .6...

Did you happen to have any luck with the Stereo Bluetooth issues? I Know
I sent one of the beta testers that I know uses bluetooth a test build an hour ago but he just messaged back saying he might not be able to test it until tomorrow. Are you available? I'm gonna PM you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development