PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 11/19/09-0.4 | fresh rom | Built off Updated Sprint Base!

Ok, hadn't been checking the forums since early yesterday afternoon before all these changes took place and i'm reading ALOT of conflicting stories and what not about what's going.

My first question is in regards to this ROM, so are you saying that I can install this one over my current Modaco 1.1 and it shouldn't break anything? Mainly my apps that are on my SD card already with apps2sd from Modaco's ROM? As well as the wifi tethering app? And i'll also be able to keep my settings and stuff just like when I flashed his ROM?
Old 11-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Ok here is the result i did a reset and fresh install of the fresh 0.4 (no Pun Intended) I tested Wifi tethering apps and everything seems to function well. When I installed over the Modaco Rom it created some conflicts. MY root apps work as well....... Ill do some tweeking with adding and removing apps but it should be well
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Getting a boot loop like other people who installed this over Modaco 1.1 with Fresh 0.4. Will wait till it gets fixed. I don't wanna have to do a complete wipe again.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Ok guys it seems to me that the problems are either causes by apps2sd, and/or people who came from modaco. I'm looking in to it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried to apply the new rom over a your previous version that I had hard resetted and setup everything without apps2sd about a week ago (meaning I didnt have modaco installed at all it was a fresh start with fresh rom..hehe).. when it first booted up I got mucho force closes instantly without even trying to open anything.

Let me know if I can help!
Old 11-19-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Ok for those of you having force closures or got stuck in boot loop can you answer these questions:

1) Which problem were you having (force closes or boot loop)?
2) What rom where you coming from?
3) Are you using apps2sd?
4) Did you get OTA 1.56 update, installed the 1.56 update from the instructions i had yesterday, or don't have 1.56 yet?

Some people are reporting boot loops and some are reporting force closes. Here's my theory:

1) For those getting boot loops, you are probably using apps2sd. This should be an easy fix because it's the same problem 0.1 had.
2) For those of you getting force closes, I'm thinking you installed the update that I had posted up here yesterday. If so you might need to try doing a nandroid back to just before that update (you did one, right??).

Last edited by flipzmode; 11-19-2009 at 12:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

mommasboy is just getting started

I tried flashing over your previous room using flashrec method and I kept getting force closes. I used nandroid and restored my original rom, then flashed your rom again and everything is working fine so far. All my Google apps are opening. I do have a question though what software version and build number am I supposed to see? I keep reading about 1.59 but mine starts off 1.56. Is this correct?
Old 11-19-2009, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasboy View Post
I tried flashing over your previous room using flashrec method and I kept getting force closes. I used nandroid and restored my original rom, then flashed your rom again and everything is working fine so far. All my Google apps are opening. I do have a question though what software version and build number am I supposed to see? I keep reading about 1.59 but mine starts off 1.56. Is this correct?
Yea, that's a typo on my part. Sorry. It's 1.56.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
Ok for those of you having force closures or got stuck in boot loop can you answer these questions:

1) Which problem were you having (force closes or boot loop)?
2) What rom where you coming from?
3) Are you using apps2sd?
4) Did you get OTA 1.59 update, installed the 1.59 update from the instructions i had yesterday, or don't have 1.59 yet?

Some people are reporting boot loops and some are reporting force closes. Here's my theory:

1) For those getting boot loops, you are probably using apps2sd. This should be an easy fix because it's the same problem 0.1 had.
2) For those of you getting force closes, I'm thinking you installed the update that I had posted up here yesterday. If so you might need to try doing a nandroid back to just before that update (you did one, right??).
1- force closes on first boot
2- a few days ago I decided to not use apps2sd, so I hard reset and flashed to your previous rom.. then reinstalled all apps with astro and used trackdog to update.
3- not currently.. see above.
4- tried 1.59 as per your instructions last night with no sucess, so im not on 1.59

1- see above.. not using apps2sd anymore
2- couldnt get adb unmount to work so I wasnt able to install update as you posted last night.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Rom works excellent for sure

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development