PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 12:48 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I'm about to try it.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: [ROM] 11/19/09-0.4 | fresh rom | Built off Updated Sprint Base!

Thanks for the quick update can't wait to apply it downloading now via my Hero

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 11-19-2009, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

I'm flashing currently, but wanting to thank you flipzmode for being all over the updates and assistance with trying to make all this happen. The communication is much appreciated.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For some reason the update caused major force closes and a lot of my stuff stopped working I also didn't see any of the updated features. I just restored my settings via nandroid I guess Ill give it another shot.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

Sup athlet1c,
Did you do a hard or soft reset and from which ROM before the flash of Fresh .40, thanks Bro.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
Ok guys it seems to me that the problems are either causes by apps2sd, and/or people who came from modaco. I'm looking in to it.
here are my steps:

Restore with Nandroid back to stock.
Do a hard reset to wipe all apps
install 0.4
Go to the Market: at this point Market open without problems

After I install a few Google apps force close start.... i will try rebooting each time I install each Google app to see if is one of the app that is causing the problem.

Also I did Nandroid back to stock and tried to update, update download no problem, once install started I got error files not signed something like that.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I flashed Modaco first but went back to my stock nandroid before flashing Fresh Rom, could the MoDaCo still be effecting this update? I'm just not understanding why I'm getting the force closes.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

My 1st flash gave the same, which was many force closes, so I nandroided and am making another attempt to flash .4 again. It's currently still restarting. Will update if anything different. Also, I'm didn't flash to MoDaCo, so that by itself can't be the issue.

Update: Same Force Close issues. Anyone with a good flash and what initial setup did you come from and what did you do to make it to .4??? Thanks for any responses.

Last edited by forty01; 11-19-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty01 View Post
My 1st flash gave the same, which was many force closes, so I nandroided and am making another attempt to flash .4 again. It's currently still restarting. Will update if anything different. Also, I'm didn't flash to MoDaCo, so that by itself can't be the issue.

Update: Same Force Close issues. Anyone with a good flash and what initial setup did you come from and what did you do to make it to .4??? Thanks for any responses.
Good to know my flash to MoDaCo wasn't the Issue but now I'm wondering what Is. I'd really love to hear from someone with a successful update also. I'm going to try nandroiding back to stock then update
Old 11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

mommasboy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

I used the flashrec method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584029
I had a problem at first, trying to flash over fresh's original rom. i just used nandroid to restore to stock, then flashed .4 and everything is working great. I never rooted my device, with flashrec you dont have to, to be able to flash roms. I still have all the benifits of a rooted device without having to go thru the rooting process

Last edited by mommasboy; 11-19-2009 at 03:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development