PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved
Carrier: Sprint

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01
Re: [ROM] 11/19/09-0.4 | fresh rom | Built off Updated Sprint Base!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasboy View Post
I used the flashrec method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584029
I had a problem at first, trying to flash over fresh's original rom. i just used nandroid to restore to stock, then flashed .4 and everything is working great.
That's good info. Maybe I should flash back to my original before Fresh .2b and then make an attempt to goto .4. I will post back with results, thanks.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

mommasboy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty01 View Post
That's good info. Maybe I should flash back to my original before Fresh .2b and then make an attempt to goto .4. I will post back with results, thanks.
No problem, plenty of people have helped me here, i'm just happy I can return the favor.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasboy View Post
I used the flashrec method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584029
I had a problem at first, trying to flash over fresh's original rom. i just used nandroid to restore to stock, then flashed .4 and everything is working great. I never rooted my device with flashrec you dont have to be able to flash roms. I still have all the benifits of a rooted device without having to go thru the rooting process
Great! You beat me to it, I'm nandroiding back to my stock backup and will try to flash and report back shortly. Hope it works for me too!

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I tried on .2 w no a2sd2. Google apps force closed. Went to nandroid and it didn't work bc batt was too low so I went to .2 again. Many apps were broken there too. Swapped batteries, restored nandroid, flashed .4 now. its working great! Except half my apps won't show in market!?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty01 View Post
Sup athlet1c,
Did you do a hard or soft reset and from which ROM before the flash of Fresh .40, thanks Bro.
sorry I was away. I did a wipe and it used the original rom. seems like others followed suit and it worked. did you get up and running ok now ?
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Yeees! Worked for me too. Went back to stock then updated!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I tried on .2 w no a2sd2. Google apps force closed. Went to nandroid and it didn't work bc batt was too low so I went to .2 again. Many apps were broken there too. Swapped batteries, restored nandroid, flashed .4 now. its working great! Except half my apps won't show in market!?
that happened to me originally as well. I believe its a conflict with the update and the roms
Old 11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

this is my 4th try going back and forward from stock then installing 0.4... seems better but all my purchased apps are gone! =(
Old 11-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Now when you guys say stock, does that mean that you are talking about a complete wipe of the rom back to factory settings using the Recovery image option?
Does this wipe away the current custom ROM you have loaded?

Or are you guys installing the official Sprint ROM via RUU, rerooting, THEN flashing the Fresh ROM?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just got off the phone with Sprint and "looks like" the reason why apps are not showing is the update... rolling back to 0.2 till is fix .. dang sprint never get it right.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development