PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Askym is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 11/19/09-0.4 | fresh rom | Built off Updated Sprint Base!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
I'm running into a lot of issues with all of these roms. I know there is an RUU file for the firmware before the update, is there one for the new firmware update?
id be interested in this also!!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

on your boot screen do a wipe device then.place the make sure the .04 zip is on your card then load the zip and flash it should work fine. I posted that earlier and it has been great the unit is doing wonderful Also Godzson founf a anice app a Reboot mamanger you can do this right from your applications menu

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97480
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below

Last edited by athlet1c; 11-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, HTC Evo

Askym is becoming a great contributor

ok is anyone having problems with the sync program since the update??
Old 11-19-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok am I really such a newb or is there an issue which prevents us from putting the apps you removed back onto the phone? We can't push them as it's read only. Can't switch to read/write because your rom is missing remount. And trying to copy from a file manager doesn't appear to work (at least with Linda). Am I missing something?
Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
Ok am I really such a newb or is there an issue which prevents us from putting the apps you removed back onto the phone? We can't push them as it's read only. Can't switch to read/write because your rom is missing remount. And trying to copy from a file manager doesn't appear to work (at least with Linda). Am I missing something?

o UNZIPED THE FOLDER MOUNTED THE SC CARD COPY INTO THE FOLDER AND INSTALLED FROM LINDA FILE MANAGER THEY SEEM TO BE WORKING.....IM WATCHING THE dolphins VS Carolina GAME ON NFL NETWORK NOW
Old 11-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

shongboy is a n00b

so far for me the only issue i see is that my voicemail icon is and exclamation point. i don't really care. just wondering if this is normal??
Old 11-20-2009, 01:46 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shongboy View Post
so far for me the only issue i see is that my voicemail icon is and exclamation point. i don't really care. just wondering if this is normal??
Not normal. Sounds like you may need to reflash or run terminal and run rm -rf /data/boot-cache
Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

shongboy is a n00b

i tried running this rm -rf /data/boot-cache in terminal and it didn't work. i reflashed the rom and i still have an exclamation point for my video voicemail icon. everything thing works. my text messaging, voicemail, apps, browser. so i dunno????
Old 11-20-2009, 11:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Copy/paste from post 2.

The upgrade from 1.26 to 1.56 has been problematic for some. I wanted to use this thread to help work around some issues. You will need to be comfortable with issuing commands.

Resolving some issues

1. Are you having a problem with the voicemail icon not showing up? Please try this and let me know if it works by responding to this thread. Send me a PM will also help to say yes or no about it working for voicemail icon.

1. Boot to recovery (black and green screen)
2. Open command prompt and type: adb shell
3. Type: mount /data
4: Type: rm -rf /data/boot-cache
5. If you get an error about sh: getcwd just ignore it. Reboot your phone. It will take a little longer than normal to boot up.

2. Are you having problems pushing apps back to the phone / problems with remount / folder permission errors?

First off make sure you are using the new 1.56 apk's and not old ones. http://bit.ly/3Edzb8

1. Boot to recovery (black and green screen)
2. Open command prompt and type: adb shell mount /system
3. Type: adb push c:\folder\folder\file.apk /system/app
4. Reboot phone. If you have any issues with the icon not showing up then you may also need to do the fix above this one.

3. My phone is boot looping or getting a ton of force closes after installing fresh 0.4
While not large in size the update from 1.26 to 1.56 was a major one. It seems that users who are coming from other roms (and even some coming from earlier fresh roms) are getting stuck in a boot loop if they were using apps2sd, or getting force closes once it boots up even if they weren't using apps2sd. The only current fix is to either totally restore your phone and then re-root and flash, or just restore back to your very first nandroid backup before you installed any roms. I know that sucks for some people but the update to 1.56 seems worth it!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero & EVO 4G

stylz3 is keeping up the good workstylz3 is keeping up the good work

Im haveing trouble pushing apps to the phone. When I open the command Prompt. Type in: adb shell mount /system. "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I need an idiot proof step by step on this pushing apps to phone.

"My next move be my best move"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development