PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 4G Evo & Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thaisport_sf is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc3][STABLE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
sorry for the slow reply. savaged-zen kernels work fine with this rom (as far as i know, i ran 0.2.1 for 2 days to test) and everything was fine. as in GTalk, ill look into this issue as we speak. 10 camera shots and glitches, im gonna have to take a look into that as well. i dont think i ever snapped 10 in a row, so i will today! as in submitting my changes to cm, i have my own github, its just not live yet. all in time if i submit anythign to them, i want it to be perfect Hope i covered most the questions. rc4 is just around the corner. mainly just small and cosmetic fixes. MMS should be fixed 100%. and ill make sure talk gets fixed as well.

One other thing, as for any problems with 4g, i live about a mile away from wimax service, so its not that easy for me to test. when i do get out i test as much as possible. so i will continue to try and strengthen the wimax capabilities on our phone

-deck
Hey deck,

Awesome work! I really like your ROM. Heads up, you can also add Tiamat kernels to the list of kernels that work well with your ROM. I use the SBC version and it works great on this ROM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

wmstwo002 is a n00b

Downloaded, installed, and everything works perfect so far. Things got messed up when flashing the Dark Horse theme, so I went back to the stock layout. 4G works great, as does WiFi and GPS. Thanks for all of your effort and building a great ROM.

)
Old 03-22-2011, 09:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

kfunk-tx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmstwo002 View Post
Downloaded, installed, and everything works perfect so far. Things got messed up when flashing the Dark Horse theme, so I went back to the stock layout. 4G works great, as does WiFi and GPS. Thanks for all of your effort and building a great ROM.

)
Quick question - was it the theme or the themed gapps that were giving you trouble? I am going to tweak the framework again for this rom today so hopefully all will be well soon.

**edit** I have re-themed the framework-res, systemUI.apk and all apps included in this theme to be compatible with this ROM. Please let me know if you find any bugs/issues and I will take care of them.

kfunk

Last edited by kfunk-tx; 03-22-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

percentevo is a n00b

Still havent tackled GPS or VVM, that will be today. Yesterday was GTalk day and boy that was fun. If you require GTalk, I would highly recommend using the Gapps apk from cyanogen as it does contain GTalk, the Gapps from this rom does NOT and its not an easy thing to add on later unless youve got good backups. Follow this link to the CM7 gapps apk, Index of /google-apps/ If youve got an EVO, just DL from the link at the very top of the page, "20110307 Universal (Link)".

Otherwise, great rom, great battery life and runs quick, Thanks! It looks like however, this rom isnt capable of using EXT2/3/4 partitions?
Old 03-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

i am thinking of flashing this rom but not sure i understand what the difference is between this one and cyanogen mod 7 - besides what was mention. (less bloat and a few other tweaks)
Old 03-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

lakanrenee is a n00b

i love this rom! it is absolutely phenominal, but i am having an issue with the wimax. it will scan and then say connecting, but it never connects. it just starts the process over again. it also does not allow me to view my mac address. it says unavailable. could anyone help me please?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

wmstwo002 is a n00b
Smile Re: [3-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc3][STABLE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfunk-tx View Post
Quick question - was it the theme or the themed gapps that were giving you trouble? I am going to tweak the framework again for this rom today so hopefully all will be well soon.

**edit** I have re-themed the framework-res, systemUI.apk and all apps included in this theme to be compatible with this ROM. Please let me know if you find any bugs/issues and I will take care of them.

kfunk
Both, it corrupted the 4-in1 boot screen as well as some of the action buttons. I'll try flashing the new theme (awesome, BTW) and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply and effort!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfunk-tx View Post

kfunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmstwo002
Both, it corrupted the 4-in1 boot screen as well as some of the action buttons. I'll try flashing the new theme (awesome, BTW) and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply and effort!Both, it corrupted the 4-in1 boot screen as well as some of the action buttons. I'll try flashing the new theme (awesome, BTW) and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply and effort! Today 03:30 PM
kfunk,

I looked at your theme thread and would like to try this one out, however I am unable to find were to download the updated theme for decks ROM. The one in your thread is dated Mar 17, so I am assuming that is one is causing the themes to corrupt the 4-in-1 boot screen.

Deck,

Do you have any idea what would make the difference from your ROM to CM7 ROM that would cause this to happen. I think everyone theme I have tried corrupts the 4-in-1 screen when using your ROM. It is like if the theme is for CM7 then it will not work on this one. I have attempted to theme your ROM for myself but have been unsuccessful, (attempting to learn myself.. not doing so good...LOL)

thanks...tannerj
Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

the themes that should work on my rom would be the themes used by the tmo theme engine. They should all work with no problem. could you link me to a theme that doesnt work and i could take a look at it.

-deck
Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Lurker

mQuinn24 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
the themes that should work on my rom would be the themes used by the tmo theme engine. They should all work with no problem. could you link me to a theme that doesnt work and i could take a look at it.

-deck
I've been running your Rom for a couple days now and have not had a single problem with Kfunk's Dark Horse theme. I did a fresh install of RC3 and flashed the themed gapps - reboot - flashed the theme.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...c3-stable.html

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development