PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch vogue,pro
Carrier: sprint

lana0085 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3-25-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc6][REAL STABLE]

so i installed your rom today and so far all looks good, i could go without sense UI for this rom, very fast and stable so far.. ill see battery life and gps after tomorrow when im on the road.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
Hey man. You should have made a backup of your voicemailapk when you were on a rom that it worked on. If you have a nandroid of a previous rom, go back to it, back up the API and then restore it once you come back to this rom. Hope that helps.
simple solution forget about sprint vvm and get on board with YouMail. Its app based and the standard greetings are great. It addresses your callers by name and says your name as well. Try it out... Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail
Old 03-27-2011, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

mrcrptguy is a n00b
Re: [3-24-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc5][STABLE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmstwo002 View Post
Your tip:

And last 1...For high cell standby....dial *#*#4636#*#*. Hit phone information and change radio to cdma only"

Is only good until the next re-boot; then it reverts back to "CDMA auto (PRL)......just an FYI.

I can confirm that this does stick after reboot, even flashed new kernel and still stuck.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G | Blackberry Torch
Carrier: Sprint | AT&T

Phone_Tank is just getting started

I first want to give a big thanks to Deck as RC6 is tight. So far I used the GPS fix and it worked I also deleted Sprints VVM (using Titanium Backup) as I use Google Voice so I'm good there as well.

The only issue I keep running into is with Google Maps. I'm able to open it and use it with no problems, the issue is going back to the home screen. If I use the "Back" Arrow the phone goes back to the wallpaper with no icons. To fix I have to pull down the notification bar, go into another application then go home and everything works fine. If I use the "Home" button while in Google Maps, it will work 70% of the time then lock up same as with using the back arrow for the rest.

I deleted Google Maps using Titanium Backup then reinstalled from the Market but the issue still persists, anyone have any tips I can try? All in all its not an earth shattering issue but would love to use Google Maps without the workarounds.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

carhauler1969 is a n00b
Wink Re: [3-25-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc6][REAL STABLE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepticVillager View Post
I have noticed one slight problem. For some reason, the built-in wireless hotspot feature periodically drops its connection after a short period of use. My devices can still see it, but no data passes through. On the phone, the icon stays lit on the display but the hotspot doesn't actually work and won't again until I reboot. Then it will work again for awhile, then drop the connection again. Data on the phone itself keeps working fine, so I know it is something wrong with the hotspot. Any idea what might cause this? I never had this problem using the Wifi Tether app in Froyo. Are there any 3rd party tethering apps compatible with Gingerbread yet?
I have Wireless Tether v2.07 working perfectly with this awesome ROM. I also had Wireless Tether v2.05 Pre9 VaelPak Edition working with it the other day.

As for the included WiFi Hotspot app, I'm on it now (as I type this), it's not as configurable as the stock Sprint Hotspot that came on our phones. In Sprint's version the default timeout on the connection is 10 minutes, & when it times out it acts as you described above: drops connection but mobile data still works. I never had to reboot to get it to start working again though. In the tethering app included with the ROM you cannot change the connection timeout, or from what I've seen control hotspot access to other users beyond setting up security & setting up a password.

Give Wireless Tether a go, I've never not been able to get it working, somehow, someway it always works.

Sent while tethering on my Deck'd Out Supersonic EVO 4G!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC: Touch > TP > TP2 > EVO 4G > EVO 3D
Carrier: USCC moved to Sprint

Earmuffs is becoming a great contributor

This rom looked amazing it felt responsive but I missed the sense dialer with FB I don't think I'm ready for AOSP. I also had an issue where installing any app from the market caused my phone to hot reboot.

I buy HTC devices because they get rooted/nand/bootloader unlocked consistently & they are constantly supported by this forum and xda. The other Draw is Sense it really makes the device standout the dialer is great and facebook integration with profile pic for caller ID is awesom.

Deck I love your ROMS they are the best I will defiantly try the next rom you release AOSP or not.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic EVO 4G

carhauler1969 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [3-25-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc6][REAL STABLE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I am running this Rom on mine and my daughters phone. One thing I have noticed is that the USB file transfer is excrusiatingly slow. When I plug in the cable, the Android bubba pops up and I have to tell it to allow USB file access. But the throughout must be about 2 MPS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
that is not a Rom issue, i by the kernel a soon CM reach kernel 37 all this issues came out even running kernel 38 im having same problem
Here is a brief explanation of this problem, & a temporary fix:

"File transfer speed via USB. This is an issue that’s happening to all 2.6.37 kernels (seen in the desire and Nexus One forums in XDA). We are actively working on getting this fixed ASAP. As a workaround, you can download a third party app from the market called Multi Mount SD Card. This will bring the normal speeds we’re used too"

I got this information here:
http://www.savaged-zen.net/?page_id=57

It's a kernel problem, & not just a Savaged-Zen problem either, I'm on Tiamat v3.3.2-sbc & have the same issue. Without the MultiMount app my transfer speeds via USB are 185kbps, painfully slow. With MultiMount I'm getting 3.5-5.5MBps transfer speeds. From what I've seen this is an across the board AOSP Gingerbread kernel issue, I've tried four different GB roms, & 3 different versions of AOSP kernels, CM, Sav-Zen, & Tiamat, & they all have this problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Has it been mentioned how to get rid of the voicemail error that randomly pops up from time to time. I didn't see a fix mentioned in the thread but hope someone figured out a way.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G | Blackberry Torch
Carrier: Sprint | AT&T

Phone_Tank is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Has it been mentioned how to get rid of the voicemail error that randomly pops up from time to time. I didn't see a fix mentioned in the thread but hope someone figured out a way.
Have you tried backing up the VVM App from a 2.2 Sense ROM (using Titanium Backup) then reloading it onto 2.3? The only other option is to use a 3rd party VVM App like Google Voice and delete Sprints VVM.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone_Tank View Post
Have you tried backing up the VVM App from a 2.2 Sense ROM (using Titanium Backup) then reloading it onto 2.3? The only other option is to use a 3rd party VVM App like Google Voice and delete Sprints VVM.
I only use google voice. I have never used Sprints VVM nor have I ever seen a reason to. Maybe deleting the app will remove that error message?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development