PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
Re: [3-25-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc6][REAL STABLE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
I believe I just bricked my brother's phone! I rooted (unrEVOked). Put the files on the root of the SD just as I had done on my EVO and now his phone won't boot at all! At first the phone gave me the little Android guy with the open box and now nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Put it to charge and there is not indicator light, not good!
if anything, flash to a stock RUU, you will lose root, but you should be able to get back to stock.

on another note, ive been working on a little treat for you all today since ive seen soo much want for themes. has anybody tried the honeycomb theme? i know it doesnt work correctly with my rom, but it will soon...

-deck
Old 03-27-2011, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
if anything, flash to a stock RUU, you will lose root, but you should be able to get back to stock.

on another note, ive been working on a little treat for you all today since ive seen soo much want for themes. has anybody tried the honeycomb theme? i know it doesnt work correctly with my rom, but it will soon...

-deck
Question the only issue I am having is with the scanning and connecting of 4g and sometimes 3g issue when they switch. I thought they had fixed that in cm7 and I see that you had preludedrew give a helping hand. I am a big fan of his rom and its been my daily for a while and I can say I do not have that issue with his 2.3 roms. Just suggesting maybe you ask him what it could be... since I must say your rom has choices and runs rather well otherwise..

Thanks - Keep up the good work
Old 03-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
Question the only issue I am having is with the scanning and connecting of 4g and sometimes 3g issue when they switch. I thought they had fixed that in cm7 and I see that you had preludedrew give a helping hand. I am a big fan of his rom and its been my daily for a while and I can say I do not have that issue with his 2.3 roms. Just suggesting maybe you ask him what it could be... since I must say your rom has choices and runs rather well otherwise..

Thanks - Keep up the good work
hmm, on the latest version? if so, i think i know what the problem would be. I live about a mile from wimax coverage so its hard for me to test.

-deck
Old 03-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

mrcrptguy is a n00b
Re: [3-24-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc5][STABLE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmstwo002 View Post
What kernel are you using? It always reverted back on me whether I was on Sense or AOSP and regardless of the kernel. If there's a trick, I'd sure like to try it. There's several threads on XDA with this issue as well and debate whether or not it really extends the battery life. Even on PRL Auto, I was getting 31+ hours on Manila Carbon Fiber 2.3 wiuth stock #15 kernel......I am still tweaking on RC6 to see what I can squeeze out of the battery.

I'm using the latest savagezen. I didnt do anything special, I never tried it on a sense rom.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post

-deck

Thanks for the response deck, the phone itself is done. Have tried 2 different batteries and the phone will not power on. When the phone gets connected to a charger, there's no indicator light showing. The device will not go into bootloader, it's just dead. When connecting to my PC, I get an audible return as something got connected, but returns with "unknown device". Oh well, I owe my brother and EVO. This is exactly why I don't mess with other than my own family's stuff, no major liability!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to deck.psykiroms.com
Suggestions:
Try reloading: deck.*psykiroms.*com/*gingerbread-*evo-*deck-*rc6.*zip
Old 03-28-2011, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

duffguy123 is just getting started

hmmm, I was thinking of using Tiamat kernel with this ROM. What is SBC? There's 2 versions of Tiamat: One with SBC and one without...
Old 03-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Threadstarter

*Download Attached apk*
Apromised earlier, here is the honeybread theme fixed to work with this rom!
I DID NOT create this theme, haxzamatic is the creator. I only edited a few pngs (well more then a few) and some lines of code to make it work. Few other visual edits to make it fit everything else. I will not be supporting this theme as I didnt create it. for bugs or anything of that sort please go to the dev's original thread... here

*UPDATE* I Have updated the apk and fixed the facebook widget even tho i said i wasnt gonna fix bugs

Enjoy,
-deck
Attached Files
File Type: apk Honeybread.apk (5.76 MB, 77 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by deck; 03-28-2011 at 07:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

foldessy is a n00b

Does Sprint VVM work with this ROM ?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jrlviper is a n00b

Thanks, I really like this better than CM7. Awesome rom.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development