carhauler1969
Lurker

carhauler1969 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink Re: [3-25-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc6][REAL STABLE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepticVillager View Post
I have noticed one slight problem. For some reason, the built-in wireless hotspot feature periodically drops its connection after a short period of use. My devices can still see it, but no data passes through. On the phone, the icon stays lit on the display but the hotspot doesn't actually work and won't again until I reboot. Then it will work again for awhile, then drop the connection again. Data on the phone itself keeps working fine, so I know it is something wrong with the hotspot. Any idea what might cause this? I never had this problem using the Wifi Tether app in Froyo. Are there any 3rd party tethering apps compatible with Gingerbread yet?
I have Wireless Tether v2.07 working perfectly with this awesome ROM. I also had Wireless Tether v2.05 Pre9 VaelPak Edition working with it the other day.

As for the included WiFi Hotspot app, I'm on it now (as I type this), it's not as configurable as the stock Sprint Hotspot that came on our phones. In Sprint's version the default timeout on the connection is 10 minutes, & when it times out it acts as you described above: drops connection but mobile data still works. I never had to reboot to get it to start working again though. In the tethering app included with the ROM you cannot change the connection timeout, or from what I've seen control hotspot access to other users beyond setting up security & setting up a password.

Give Wireless Tether a go, I've never not been able to get it working, somehow, someway it always works.

Sent while tethering on my Deck'd Out Supersonic EVO 4G!!!