PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 1
Carrier: sprint

big-o-devil is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-22-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre7][1.0]

great work...
Old 04-26-2011, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond

hachiroku is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay89 View Post
The problem isn't the Sense/non-Sense thing- it's that the HTC camera from Froyo is compiled for Froyo. When moving from one version of Android to the next the frameworks needed to run certain applications can change, making them unusable without an optimization for the newer version, hence why things like Qik won't work on 2.3.3 yet (or didn't- idk if the leaked version's Qik will work for everyone). Basically it might be possible once the working official OTA version of 2.3.3 is available, but until then I wouldn't hold out for it.

sadness ensues...
Old 04-26-2011, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero in the closet, EVO!
Carrier: Sprint

buck1623 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay89 View Post
The problem isn't the Sense/non-Sense thing- it's that the HTC camera from Froyo is compiled for Froyo. When moving from one version of Android to the next the frameworks needed to run certain applications can change, making them unusable without an optimization for the newer version, hence why things like Qik won't work on 2.3.3 yet (or didn't- idk if the leaked version's Qik will work for everyone). Basically it might be possible once the working official OTA version of 2.3.3 is available, but until then I wouldn't hold out for it.
Ill confirm that the cm7 version of qik worked for video chat only. It force closes when recording.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

liquid307 is just getting started

I get bootloops with this version pre7. Does tiamat kernel come pre-installed in this version?
my phone can't handle any of the low_undervolting w/hybrid kernels. I can overclock w/setcpu, but can't run the low_undervolted kernels.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

try clearing cache. i had an issue where i updated some market apps, phone crashed and rebooted, and i was stuck at splash screen.

cleared cache and was back in the bizznezzzzz without losing any settings.

hopefully that helps. alternatively, you could redownload the rom and reflash. i've had issues where i didn't download a clean copy and once flashing didn't boot up.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ohhh i just remember one issue i am having with gingerbread.

when importing VCF contact it automatically adds to my GMAIL account. it does not present with option where to save. with froyo, i believe it automatically saved to the phone, where as gingerbread it automatically saves to your gmail account.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

well well well. after months of learning , months of work, endless nights, bug squashing, bug creating, more learning, more bugs, and you get the idea... i am finally ready and proud to release 1.0. i have sent it to a few testers, and i think it is ready for prime time. April 28, 2011 will be the day 1.0 is released. i am still gonna give it another day or so just to be sure, but the looks of it, you all will be impressed.

"The Rundown..." aka changelog.
-Better support for all hardware revisions.
-4G (wimax) should now be as stable as can be.
-4G (wimax) should also not take as much battery.
-4G (wimax) icons are new.
-3G speeds should be back to complete normal, if not better.
-Tethering speeds should be back to normal as well, if not better.
-Handoffs between 3G, 4G (wimax), 1x, and Wifi improved.
*-GPS has been fixed.
-GPS icon issue has been resolved.
-AGPS improvements.
-HDMI improvements.
-MMS functionality improved.
-Kernel has been updated (thanks cyanogen and cm team), and seems to be running GREAT so far.
-Light sensor fixed.
-Proximity sensor fixed.
-Battery life improved on stock kernel.
-CPU idles at 0%-1% @ 245 when idle on stock kernel - stable.
-Wake issues have been fixed.
-Camera has been updated. - Better quality and should load faster.
-Camcorder has been updated. - Better quality (no 720p yet) and should load faster.
-Phone app tweaked for stability and accuracy.
-Default language is now the only language present. (May do another release with the rest of the languages depending on how many users request it).
-Theme engine has been updated.
-LatinIME SIP updated and improved.
-Initial boot time has been shortened.
-Long press notification widget to enter settings.
-System animations should be more fluid.
-Individual app load times should be shortened.
**-Gallery app has been diagnosed and found 0 problems.
-System optimizations.
-New default ringtones.
-New default wallpaper.
-Added accessibility options.

*GPS - If you have trouble with your gps, it is recommended to do the gps fix which should only have to be done once. Tho i have noticed in testing, i was playing around with a 2.3.3 GB sense 2.1 rom, and after flashing to my phone, it borked my gps again. so i had to do the gps trick again. So there are some roms out there as in some of the first gingerbread builds that when flashed to our device, seem to be currupting our gps data. So please keep that in mind if you come back to this rom and your gps seems to not be working again.

**Gallery - The gallery app seems fine. Tho after some testing, videos with unsupported codecs being scanned by gallery will cause problems. Even take your cpu usage to 100% :P so please keep this in mind as well. I have 0 problems with the gallery app running on my phone.

I have decided to leave the voicemail app out, but can easily be installed with the apk from the OP.

*Future Plans of 1.1*
-2.3.4 Gingerbread
-720p recording.
-Default camcorder recording changed to mp4. (i tried already, but it caused problems. needs to have some more tlc done).
-Updated Honeybread theme.
-Few more default settings changed.
-Maybe a rom name? Maybe ill let you all decide.
-Wireless tether app without the need of a workaround and/or fix.

I would like to thank drew from team evervolv and the cm team for all of their help.

If i missed anything, it will be updated at release time. Thanks everybody for all of your support and help.

-deck

Last edited by deck; 04-28-2011 at 06:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

duffguy123 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post

when importing VCF contact it automatically adds to my GMAIL account. it does not present with option where to save. with froyo, i believe it automatically saved to the phone, where as gingerbread it automatically saves to your gmail account.
What are you doing to create a new contact.

I just went to the stock contacts app, hit menu > add new contact and it brings up a pop up box that says phone only (unsynced) or Gmail contact..
Old 04-26-2011, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post

I hated that with froyo. There were many times when someone sent me contact info via mms. I lost them every time I flashed a new ROM because they only saved to the phone. I would much rather have them save to google.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

And i was going to flash to something else cause im bored. Guess I will wait another day UGHHHHHH.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development