View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 PM
deck
ppc pimp. :D
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
Re: [4-22-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre7][1.0]

well well well. after months of learning , months of work, endless nights, bug squashing, bug creating, more learning, more bugs, and you get the idea... i am finally ready and proud to release 1.0. i have sent it to a few testers, and i think it is ready for prime time. April 28, 2011 will be the day 1.0 is released. i am still gonna give it another day or so just to be sure, but the looks of it, you all will be impressed.

"The Rundown..." aka changelog.
-Better support for all hardware revisions.
-4G (wimax) should now be as stable as can be.
-4G (wimax) should also not take as much battery.
-4G (wimax) icons are new.
-3G speeds should be back to complete normal, if not better.
-Tethering speeds should be back to normal as well, if not better.
-Handoffs between 3G, 4G (wimax), 1x, and Wifi improved.
*-GPS has been fixed.
-GPS icon issue has been resolved.
-AGPS improvements.
-HDMI improvements.
-MMS functionality improved.
-Kernel has been updated (thanks cyanogen and cm team), and seems to be running GREAT so far.
-Light sensor fixed.
-Proximity sensor fixed.
-Battery life improved on stock kernel.
-CPU idles at 0%-1% @ 245 when idle on stock kernel - stable.
-Wake issues have been fixed.
-Camera has been updated. - Better quality and should load faster.
-Camcorder has been updated. - Better quality (no 720p yet) and should load faster.
-Phone app tweaked for stability and accuracy.
-Default language is now the only language present. (May do another release with the rest of the languages depending on how many users request it).
-Theme engine has been updated.
-LatinIME SIP updated and improved.
-Initial boot time has been shortened.
-Long press notification widget to enter settings.
-System animations should be more fluid.
-Individual app load times should be shortened.
**-Gallery app has been diagnosed and found 0 problems.
-System optimizations.
-New default ringtones.
-New default wallpaper.
-Added accessibility options.

*GPS - If you have trouble with your gps, it is recommended to do the gps fix which should only have to be done once. Tho i have noticed in testing, i was playing around with a 2.3.3 GB sense 2.1 rom, and after flashing to my phone, it borked my gps again. so i had to do the gps trick again. So there are some roms out there as in some of the first gingerbread builds that when flashed to our device, seem to be currupting our gps data. So please keep that in mind if you come back to this rom and your gps seems to not be working again.

**Gallery - The gallery app seems fine. Tho after some testing, videos with unsupported codecs being scanned by gallery will cause problems. Even take your cpu usage to 100% :P so please keep this in mind as well. I have 0 problems with the gallery app running on my phone.

I have decided to leave the voicemail app out, but can easily be installed with the apk from the OP.

*Future Plans of 1.1*
-2.3.4 Gingerbread
-720p recording.
-Default camcorder recording changed to mp4. (i tried already, but it caused problems. needs to have some more tlc done).
-Updated Honeybread theme.
-Few more default settings changed.
-Maybe a rom name? Maybe ill let you all decide.
-Wireless tether app without the need of a workaround and/or fix.

I would like to thank drew from team evervolv and the cm team for all of their help.

If i missed anything, it will be updated at release time. Thanks everybody for all of your support and help.

-deck

Last edited by deck; 04-28-2011 at 06:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.