PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-22-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre7][1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by percentevo View Post
I am actually using an older version of the dark horse gapps(v3/17). They have a newer version, but i think they took the visuals a little over the edge with their recent versions. The 3/17 version is basically just a black version of all the gapps. Unfortunately, since theyre a month old, at least market will autoupdate and change back to its original color scheme. But you still get the cool icons at least.

Here is a link to the most recent DH versions - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...med-gapps.html

Im not sure if the above linked file still includes maps or not. If it does, you can try it, but if you notice it not being able to update, youll want to remove the maps.apk from the gapps.zip before you flash it. Youll just need to manually install maps from the market.

Here is the link to the 3/17 version, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13348733/tes...and_extras.zip. Again, I would remove the Maps.apk. I also removed some more apps I didnt want (bobsclock3d, booksphone, etc.) Just enter the zip file, system>app>and your there. You can delete whatever apks in there you dont want. Do be sure about deleting those other google apps especially though, can cause real problems if a few of those are missing.

Good luck!!
Thanks, I am using the latest version now, and I totally agree with you. The graphic is overkill.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

jagan_indian9 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
with the 1.0 release i would. there has been changes to just about everything safety first!
-deck
Ya, saw your tweet and thought that 1.0 was already released. Wondered if I need to wipe everything. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dwainewheeler is a n00b

I cannot see the OP liking this one little bit.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

jagan_indian9 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwainewheeler View Post
I cannot see the OP liking this one little bit.
Oops deleted my post
Old 04-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: eVo
Carrier: SPRINT

dedmunki is a n00b

GPS: i have the latest radios and running this rom but it keeps telling me that it cant connect to GPS servers. anyone with the same issue? its random it will connect update then disconnect. any suggestions?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmunki View Post
GPS: i have the latest radios and running this rom but it keeps telling me that it cant connect to GPS servers. anyone with the same issue? its random it will connect update then disconnect. any suggestions?
I would just hold on ... the release of 1.0 should be coming very soon, and the gps issues will have been resolved.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmunki View Post
May consider to do a full wipe...and reflash...OR...u can try the GPS fix that'll require u to flash a Sense ROM. Search this thread ....u shuld find the instructions for the GPS fix.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan_indian9 View Post
Ya, saw your tweet and thought that 1.0 was already released. Wondered if I need to wipe everything. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan_indian9 View Post
Do we need to wipe everything if moving from pre7 to 1.0 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
with the 1.0 release i would. there has been changes to just about everything safety first!
-deck
You never need to wipe but if something isn't working right then you will have to wipe completely. I rather not risk flashing over messing something up which results in me frustrated something isn't working. Some people have no problems flashing over older releases.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

okashira is a n00b

Anyone have any thoughts on the differences between this rom and cyanogen's ROM?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
So if I turn my 4G on, it is turned off after I reboot the phone. Is there a way to make it hold the setting (stay on if it was on) after rebooting?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development