PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 05:34 PM
w84mike

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [5-13-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2b][2.3.4 Beta]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
For those that like Swype Amazon Apps has the new FlexT9 keyboard for free today. I have always used Swype, but this keyboard is much more responsive and the speech to text is awesome. It also has a function where it will interpret your handwritten letters.

It's free.. better than the $5 I paid for it almost 2 weeks ago. Nothing to lose to try it.

Hey, I like that better than swype also. Thanks for the heads up on that!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

duffguy123 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I was a little skeptical because I have been using swype and even got my friends to convert....well now I have to get them to use this because it's so much faster and from the few texts i've sent its really accurate...I like it!

Edit: After further usage I concluded that swype had more options for example faster punctuation inputs and other little things like that...ah well

Last edited by duffguy123; 05-14-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

duvonm is a n00b

I installed rom today and i dont have the phone. it tells me application not installed and i also get an applicaion force close message anytime i unlock phone or click on an icon. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Old 05-14-2011, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffguy123 View Post
I was a little skeptical because I have been using swype and even got my friends to convert....well now I have to get them to use this because it's so much faster and from the few texts i've sent its really accurate...I like it!

Edit: After further usage I concluded that swype had more options for example faster punctuation inputs and other little things like that...ah well
Not trying to force this on you, but can you explain the faster punctuation inputs on swype, because swype and flext9 are about the same when it comes to punctuation... for example if you want a @ sign on flext9 you press and hold the letter "c" and for swype you press and hold the letter "w"... this is of course if you are the "abc" keyboard and not on "123" (flext9) or "sym" (swype)

I am not seeing it....tannerj
Old 05-14-2011, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

duffguy123 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
Not trying to force this on you, but can you explain the faster punctuation inputs on swype, because swype and flext9 are about the same when it comes to punctuation... for example if you want a @ sign on flext9 you press and hold the letter "c" and for swype you press and hold the letter "w"... this is of course if you are the "abc" keyboard and not on "123" (flext9) or "sym" (swype)

I am not seeing it....tannerj
well, for example, i am a spelling guy so when I put like my sister's, flext9 puts sisters and sister's is an option in the t9 suggestion box.

Swype will allow the 's to be put on by just going from the apostrophe to the s key and it will automatically add it to the end of the word.

Also at the end of sentences you just swipe from the z key to the space and it puts in an exclamation automatically. works with comma, period, and question mark... to me its those few things that just put swype a little bit over flext9.

Granted, flext9 has like 4 ways to input text which is cool. It's just I have been using swype for so long it's at where i want it to be. Swype is designed to be used for a long period of time and swype learns which words you use the most so when I trace a word it will put the most used word down which is most likely the one I want. Don't know if flext9 is the same but I don't wanna go through all that again.

Only thing that sucks about both is you can't delete words already programmed into the dictionary already. I mean there are some weird words in Swype I just wonder "Does anyone really use Hullo instead of hello" or something like that.

Also, I just found this
http://youtu.be/BVo_ex_TYFw

Last edited by duffguy123; 05-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by duvonm View Post
I installed rom today and i dont have the phone. it tells me application not installed and i also get an applicaion force close message anytime i unlock phone or click on an icon. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Sounds like a bad flash. If you're coming from another Rom, full wipe. And if restoring anything through Titanium, only restore apps and app data. So try again.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo-Deck 1.2 - Gingerbread 2.3.4

Mac-Evo542 is just getting started

Deck...very impressed with 1.2b everything works flawlessly and fast...I love it! Thanks for all the great hard work! The only thing is I'm using Tiamat 3.3.7 SBC cause the battery life it yields is unmatched, in my opinion. Just when I didn't think it could get any better, BAM, 1.2b...your best work yet! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

skydeaner is just getting started

The HD recording profile just shows a froze picture upon starting the record. And does not record any video. Anyone else got it to work?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydeaner View Post
The HD recording profile just shows a froze picture upon starting the record. And does not record any video. Anyone else got it to work?
unfortunately you need to lower the resolution to high according to reports. It will work fine then. good luck.

also, Im getting the 4g starting a boot even though I turned it off. did a full wipe before flashing as well. Not a big deal but figured I would report it. Great rom Deck.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffguy123 View Post
well, for example, i am a spelling guy so when I put like my sister's, flext9 puts sisters and sister's is an option in the t9 suggestion box.

Swype will allow the 's to be put on by just going from the apostrophe to the s key and it will automatically add it to the end of the word.

Also at the end of sentences you just swipe from the z key to the space and it puts in an exclamation automatically. works with comma, period, and question mark... to me its those few things that just put swype a little bit over flext9.

Granted, flext9 has like 4 ways to input text which is cool. It's just I have been using swype for so long it's at where i want it to be. Swype is designed to be used for a long period of time and swype learns which words you use the most so when I trace a word it will put the most used word down which is most likely the one I want. Don't know if flext9 is the same but I don't wanna go through all that again.

Only thing that sucks about both is you can't delete words already programmed into the dictionary already. I mean there are some weird words in Swype I just wonder "Does anyone really use Hullo instead of hello" or something like that.

Also, I just found this
YouTube - Swype Tips: Word Addition

Now that makes since and I understand why you like swype. I remember that option was available for Swype. The one thing I don't like about swype that all others (shapewriter, flext9, etc) seem to do, and that is with Swype to type in a word with double letters like "look" you have to circle over the letter "o". The others do not... I have tried to go back to swype and used it on my wife's epic but I had lost the feel for it.

that is pretty cool video for the swypeing folks out there...

Tannerj

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development