Tannerj
PPCGeeks Regular

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-13-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2b][2.3.4 Beta]

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffguy123 View Post
well, for example, i am a spelling guy so when I put like my sister's, flext9 puts sisters and sister's is an option in the t9 suggestion box.

Swype will allow the 's to be put on by just going from the apostrophe to the s key and it will automatically add it to the end of the word.

Also at the end of sentences you just swipe from the z key to the space and it puts in an exclamation automatically. works with comma, period, and question mark... to me its those few things that just put swype a little bit over flext9.

Granted, flext9 has like 4 ways to input text which is cool. It's just I have been using swype for so long it's at where i want it to be. Swype is designed to be used for a long period of time and swype learns which words you use the most so when I trace a word it will put the most used word down which is most likely the one I want. Don't know if flext9 is the same but I don't wanna go through all that again.

Only thing that sucks about both is you can't delete words already programmed into the dictionary already. I mean there are some weird words in Swype I just wonder "Does anyone really use Hullo instead of hello" or something like that.

Also, I just found this
YouTube - Swype Tips: Word Addition

Now that makes since and I understand why you like swype. I remember that option was available for Swype. The one thing I don't like about swype that all others (shapewriter, flext9, etc) seem to do, and that is with Swype to type in a word with double letters like "look" you have to circle over the letter "o". The others do not... I have tried to go back to swype and used it on my wife's epic but I had lost the feel for it.

that is pretty cool video for the swypeing folks out there...

Tannerj