PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dougiefresh36 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-13-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2b][2.3.4 Beta]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
I assume you are doing a fresh start as going from 2.3.4 to 2.3.3 might mess some things up if you flash over.

As for gapps I would use gapps 4-28-2011
Whoa, didn't know that! Thanks for the response though.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

generalExpert is a n00b
Re: [5-13-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2b][2.3.4 Beta]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
general,

I not going to bash Cyanogen rom either as his team has done a wonderful job with the ASOP ROM, however that ROM is in beta most of the time if you doing the night builds. This ROM is as vanilla as you can get and the speed, battery life is just amazing. I use launcher pro and this ROM allows to you to run it instead of the ADW launcher (don't extra apps installed that I don't use) that is installed by default on Cyanogen ROM. Deck does thank Cyanogen for the work he has done if fact at one point in time Deck was using Cyanogen kernel (might still be using it now). From what I have read on this thread and tried myself the best setup is this ROM with the tiamat 3.3.7 kernel. People are saying they are getting 30 hours of battery life out of their EVO with that setup.

Deck is still working on the videocamera with recording in 720 (this is a known issue the ASOP Roms) and as you see deck has explained why the google backup and restore is not working. I don't know what ver of ASOP Cyanogen is running but this ROM is running ver 2.3.4 which enables the google talk to do voice and video as deck statement the post above.

If you want to try it just boot into recovery backup the ROM you are on and flash to this one. If it is not what you were looking for then just restore back to the system you liked. Just be careful once you flash you may never leave this ROM... LOL

FYI 1.2b is a beta and people have found some bugs that deck is working on. If you want a stable ROM with no bugs (except 720dpi recording) then try ver 1.0... very stable

Just my 2 cents...tannerj
Tanner,

Thanks bro. From what I've been able to gather (from reading all of Decks thread's here and on XDA) Decks Rom is a stripped down version of CyanogenMod. He's taken out a lot of "unnecessary" items from the Rom. So, my view is Deck's = streamlined CyanogenMod. Which to me sounds great...

AGAIN PEOPLE, I'm not bashing, Just trying to clarify.

You mentioned that CyanogenMod is in beta. Yes, the latest nightly builds are 2.3.4, which is why Decks 1.2 is 2.3.4 and in beta?? I have realized too that all the quirks and things that users are complaining of are the exact things that people are complaining about on Cyanogen... 720p recording, MMS, green light coming on at 90% charge...

I guess the only thing left for me to do is flash it... LOL!

One thing I've been wondering... When you mention that Deck is working on something like 720p recording... What exactly does this mean? Would this just mean that he is simply waiting for Cyanogen to implement the feature??

Pardon the extreme analyzing but I just want the best of the best on my EVO and up until I just learned about this Rom I thought I had it with CyanogenMod 7 nightly's.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
Re: [5-15-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][2.3.4 Beta]

1.2c is up! let me know!

-deck

FREE file hosting. UNLIMITED bandwidth. NO wait times. YES, 0 wait times. UNLIMITED downloads.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:21 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Is a full wipe recommended?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
Is a full wipe recommended?
From the first post

*Install Instructions*
1. Reboot into recovery. I use Amon's recovery.
2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
3. Wipe Everything.
4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
6. Flash gapps zip.
6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel as Tiamat or Savaged-Zen*
7. Reboot.
8. Enjoy gingerbread!

Full wipe is always recommended. Sometimes you can flash right over and never be able to tell a difference. It is all up to you!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:28 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Thanks bro, but I can read the first post. Sometimes dev's change subtle things and a full wipe is not necessary. I will go ahead and do a full wipe and nandroid my 1.2b because it has been running great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
From the first post

*Install Instructions*
1. Reboot into recovery. I use Amon's recovery.
2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
3. Wipe Everything.
4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
6. Flash gapps zip.
6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel as Tiamat or Savaged-Zen*
7. Reboot.
8. Enjoy gingerbread!

Full wipe is always recommended. Sometimes you can flash right over and never be able to tell a difference. It is all up to you!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

coming from 1.0 yes, from 1.1 or 1.2b probably not.

-deck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what bugs or things should we not expect to work? .. that way u dont report things that are already known?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

ReyPaez is a n00b

It's there any mirrors? cus tried 3 times and when is almost done it stops.

Edit: Never mine thx.

Last edited by ReyPaez; 05-15-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Threadstarter

new mobile mirrors up. please try and download from my mirrors as i can keep track of statistics and whatnot. Thanks.

-deck

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development