PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gonna get my deck fix while im deployed !!! Hahahahaha!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 05-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Re: [5-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.1][Release]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimzrus View Post
I've tried it all can send pictures and anything else just can't receive them

same here man, nothing worked for me. i tried a few different roms while waiting on his new release. MIUI has some nice options in it, but just wasnt fast enough for me. im just overly pissed about my battery on every freaking rom i try it dies so damn fast no matter what i do, its like when i ahve data on the battery is just sucked dry in no time at all no matter what kernal or whatever i try.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
same here man, nothing worked for me. i tried a few different roms while waiting on his new release. MIUI has some nice options in it, but just wasnt fast enough for me. im just overly pissed about my battery on every freaking rom i try it dies so damn fast no matter what i do, its like when i ahve data on the battery is just sucked dry in no time at all no matter what kernal or whatever i try.
Dude...seriously...I'm feelin ur pain. I got the same problem here...but I have 2 say that Deck's rom is just givin me better battery results then ne other AOSP rom.

Sent from my Gingerbreaded HTC EVO 4G runnin Deck's 1.1 rom.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul to TP to TP2 to EVO 4G to EVO 3D!

iggyclyde is becoming a great contributor

Battery life is not issue for me on 1.1 and Tiamat 3.3.7...I'm consistently getting 14-16 hours with moderate to slightly heavy usage. Just waiting on 1.2 to get my mms downloads back...

Keep up the great work Deck!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: sprint

bimzrus is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
The fix is to down grade to 1.0 make sure u do a nandroid backup so you can restore your data then select dl on your old mms. I have to know see what don't work in 1.0..

Smh

Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

mikejwf is just getting started

Yeah in general I feel like if I get good battery life one day, that may not be the case the next. I was getting dreamy battery life out of Savaged Zen's ROM at one point. I'm talking like 76% at around 11 hours of moderate use. But as the weeks go on it slowly turned into a run of the mill ROM experience for me. Some of these ROM/Kernel combos seem to sleep well, but if I pick it up and use it for a minute or two, it'll drop rapidly for next few minutes. It's frustrating, of course even more so when you read about people going 14 hours and still have 96% left.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimzrus View Post
The fix is to down grade to 1.0 make sure u do a nandroid backup so you can restore your data then select dl on your old mms. I have to know see what don't work in 1.0..

Smh

I've been using 1.0 since its' release, and can report that all works well. Battery life on stock battery is at 50% after 12 hours of light to medium use. With the 3500 mah battery I am usually at 80% after 12 hours.

The GB camera sucks, but I use 'Vignette' camera app which gets back your 8 MP and full zoom, and it has some photo effects built-in if you like that kind of thing. My attempt at running 1.1 broke gps and I couldn't even send or receive SMS let alone MMS...

As I have known Deck from WM kitchen dev team days, I know he will fix the issues with 1.1, he is a perfectionist with his roms and his efforts reward us all. Rock On Deckster!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

duffguy123 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejwf View Post
Yeah in general I feel like if I get good battery life one day, that may not be the case the next. I was getting dreamy battery life out of Savaged Zen's ROM at one point. I'm talking like 76% at around 11 hours of moderate use. But as the weeks go on it slowly turned into a run of the mill ROM experience for me. Some of these ROM/Kernel combos seem to sleep well, but if I pick it up and use it for a minute or two, it'll drop rapidly for next few minutes. It's frustrating, of course even more so when you read about people going 14 hours and still have 96% left.
I know what you mean, but those people have extended batteries on their Evo. I, for one, have the stock battery and I can confirm I get 50% after 12 hours with light to medium usage. I know how you feel when you use the phone it drops so fast it seems weird because I noticed that too. If you're not satisfied, you should get an extended battery and a kernel with SBC and I'm sure you'll be rockin your phone for 2 days without charging
Old 05-11-2011, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

mikejwf is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffguy123 View Post
I know what you mean, but those people have extended batteries on their Evo. I, for one, have the stock battery and I can confirm I get 50% after 12 hours with light to medium usage. I know how you feel when you use the phone it drops so fast it seems weird because I noticed that too. If you're not satisfied, you should get an extended battery and a kernel with SBC and I'm sure you'll be rockin your phone for 2 days without charging
Actually, that 14 hour with 96% left story was on a stock battery. Whether or not it was true is obviously up for speculation. About the extended battery, I just can't bring myself to bastardizing my nice sleek looking phone, with a "plasticy" looking large back. I know it would probably solve my battery life issues, but i'm just picky and stubborn. Don't get me wrong my battery life is still light years better than stock/unrooted. I'm happy that my EVO isn't using my battery up while it sits in my pocket or on my coffee table like it used to.

Last edited by mikejwf; 05-11-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

duffguy123 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejwf View Post
Actually, that 14 hour with 96% left story was on a stock battery. Whether or not it was true is obviously up for speculation. About the extended battery, I just can't bring myself to bastardizing my nice sleek looking phone, with a "plasticy" looking large back. I know it would probably solve my battery life issues, but i'm just picky and stubborn. Don't get me wrong my battery life is till light years better than stock/unrooted. I'm happy that my EVO isn't using my battery up while it sits in my pocket or on my coffee table like it used to.
The biggest reason I didn't get the extended battery was the clunkiness of the phone. I wear skinny jeans and for some reason the makers of my jeans made the pockets really really small. Pretty much, my evo is so long that it sticks out of my pocket and I definitely don't want it to be thicker as well.

14 hours with stock battery and 96% left? Please tell me which person did this so I may use their methods

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development