PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

XsMagical is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to XsMagical Send a message via Yahoo to XsMagical Send a message via Skype™ to XsMagical
Re: [4-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre5][1.0]

Flash the Kernel Deck posted in the OP and if fixes the wifi! Tested after 2 flashes on Pre5
Recovery: Amon RA 2.3
ROM: EVO-Deck Gingerbread
Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_evo
Went back to rc10 - wifi works right away - on pre 5 when I select the check box to start wireless, it immediately flips to error. Not resolved with clearing caches, wiping phone or reflashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiChora View Post
Same here

This happened to me also I rebooted to recovery and wiped cache and dalvic. I went ahead and flashed to tiamat while I was in there but you can just try the wipe process... When I restarted WIFI worked just fine...

Hope this helps...Tannerj

Last edited by Tannerj; 04-18-2011 at 11:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

DesiChora is keeping up the good workDesiChora is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
This happened to me also I rebooted to recovery and wiped cache and dalvic. I went ahead and flashed to tiamat while I was in there but you can just try the wipe process... When I restarted WIFI worked just fine...

Hope this helps...Tannerj
Thanks that did it for me but I flashed with SZ 1.0.1.

.:":. HTC EVO.:":.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [4-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre4][1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg350 View Post
make sure you are downloading from under the EVO links and not any of the others. make sure the file name is "Tiamat_Evo-v3.3.7.zip" and not something else like "Tiamat_Inc-v3.3.7.zip" This was my mistake this morning. DOH!!
lol, I just checked and the one I have is the inc also. No wonder it froze my phone, lol.

So how should I go about flashing that kernel? I'm fully up and running with rc4 and the kernel it includes. Do I need to wipe everything to flash a kernel?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
not true. gapps is fine, and all my apps restore. the very first time i used the new gapps, they didnt, but have not had a problem since. i reverted back to the older cm kernel, but it seems to break wifi. i flashed tiamat 3.3.7 and everything is golden.

fixed.

doing everything i can before 1.0
kernel link:
[Kernel][AOSP] Tiamat 3.3.7 | 2.6.37.6 | 4/16/11 - xda-developers

-deck
So what is the advantage to using the new gapps? If it won't restore restore my apps (until after I go to the market and reinstall all of them 1 by 1) I'm trying to figure out why I should even bother with it? Why not just use the older gapps that restores them every time without the need to search for all of them 1 by 1?
Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

XsMagical is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to XsMagical Send a message via Yahoo to XsMagical Send a message via Skype™ to XsMagical

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
So what is the advantage to using the new gapps? If it won't restore restore my apps (until after I go to the market and reinstall all of them 1 by 1) I'm trying to figure out why I should even bother with it? Why not just use the older gapps that restores them every time without the need to search for all of them 1 by 1?
the new gapps restores apps without having to open the market. it does for me every time.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BrooMann is a n00b

Pre-5...4g is stuck on "Turning on" when I try to turn it on...browser crashes too.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
+1 use the old gapps or use cm 20110307 gapps itll restore ur stuff

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

stricklerjosh is a n00b

Hey does anyone have an airave that uses this rom? I have major issues with my texts sending multiples to people but telling me that it didn't even go through...If I unplu Airave it is fine, but then I have no service lol. Works fine on Sense roms, but not on AOSP. Any Ideas???
Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

dpg350 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricklerjosh View Post
Hey does anyone have an airave that uses this rom? I have major issues with my texts sending multiples to people but telling me that it didn't even go through...If I unplu Airave it is fine, but then I have no service lol. Works fine on Sense roms, but not on AOSP. Any Ideas???
Mine has been working fine up to pre4 on airave. I am about to load up pre5 but wont be able to test until i get home. Make sure your wifi is set to never sleep. that's how mine is set

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development