PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-22-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre7][1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kixcastillo View Post
awesome rom, by far the best battery life i've seen on my evo. Thanks!!
one quick question: is anyone else getting slow sd card transfer speeds?
Dont remember it being this slow whenever I transfer anything through usb
Yep ... mine are slow as well.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebo73 View Post
I may be an idiot but dont see anything about GPS
Sorry, it used to be there. Apprently it got edited out. But I see you found guidance anyhow.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

fadi33 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Yep ... mine are slow as well.
likewise for me. i was afraid my card was going bad. but it seems that others are having the same problem.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
What radios should I have with this ROM and how can I check to see if I have them? I keep losing my data connection so I need to check that stuff. Also, how can I update my PRL?
Switch to a Sense rom, update everything in the "Software Update" menu option, perform a new flash. At least that's what I do.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

For slow card transfer speeds...you can boost the speed with a free app off the market...

SD card speed boost.

I read up on this issue at some point...and remember using Root Explorer to make a change to speed things up. The app makes it painless and easy. If you have a class 10 card...you definitely WILL notice a difference.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

skydeaner is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
For slow card transfer speeds...you can boost the speed with a free app off the market...

SD card speed boost.

I read up on this issue at some point...and remember using Root Explorer to make a change to speed things up. The app makes it painless and easy. If you have a class 10 card...you definitely WILL notice a difference.
Actually this is something different. It is a problem with the .38 kernels that is yet to be fixed by anyone. If you use multimount SD it makes it faster or you can transfer files to and from your card from recovery. For some reason when you multimount it doesn't suffer from the bug, you wouldst think it would be slower lol.

The SD card speed that the system reads and writes can be improved by that program which changes the readahead cache values though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

thanks for the info...and i do believe that is what I was reading up on...

I use multimount AND SD Card Speed Boost...

9.7MB/s write speed and 24.9MB/s read speed.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

regulator207 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viz View Post
Has any one had any issues with the wired tether feature? Pre 5 it worked, but I just now installed pre 7 and it takes a few tries to get the tether to work. It'll say USB connected, but when you check mark the tether box it will act as if it was tethering, but then it will say USB not connected. I saw this issue in the prior pre's prior to pre 5 where it wasnt an issue. I also noticed this happened in CM7 as well...
This is one of the reasons i left cm7 and went back to sense. I was hoping deck may have tracked this one down. Another bug with cm7 was that 4g tether was super unreliable and incredibly slow. How is wired/wireless 3g/4g tethering on this rom?

thanks. i am excited to see deck with the evo. I used his rom all the time on my tp2.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:30 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydeaner View Post
Actually this is something different. It is a problem with the .38 kernels that is yet to be fixed by anyone. If you use multimount SD it makes it faster or you can transfer files to and from your card from recovery. For some reason when you multimount it doesn't suffer from the bug, you wouldst think it would be slower lol.

The SD card speed that the system reads and writes can be improved by that program which changes the readahead cache values though.
not only .38, but .37 as well. not as easy to fix as it would sound. but i have faith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulator207 View Post
This is one of the reasons i left cm7 and went back to sense. I was hoping deck may have tracked this one down. Another bug with cm7 was that 4g tether was super unreliable and incredibly slow. How is wired/wireless 3g/4g tethering on this rom?

thanks. i am excited to see deck with the evo. I used his rom all the time on my tp2.
i have had no problems with tethering myself, and most people have commented that it works well. you be the judge :P

*News*
1.0 will be released today, April 28, 2011, @ 3:00pm PST. Anybody that i sent a copy of 1.0, that version is now outdated. I literally just finished compiling it at 4/27/11 @ 11:03PM PST. I cant wait to share with you all...

-deck
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started

deck, if you want to magically send me a PM with the link, all the heavens will rejoice and unicorns will appear.

and if you're in the southbay, i'll buy you a few rounds of beers. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development