PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: AT&T

halorin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-22-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre7][1.0]

Is the version yo have posted on your twitter page also outdated?

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

SouthernEvo is a n00b

Deck ,First I wanna say thank you for putting togather this rom and your hard work you have done to make progress this far . This is by far one of the best GB Roms to date that I have ever used . The only thing from making this flawless and its more of a personal gripe then a usability issue is the following . My phone has been unplugged for the past 4hours and 36 mins . At that point my Android system was showing as 2% . I made three or four phone calls which in all probably totalled roughly 20 mins or so . On system usage voice calls is now showing at 2% (the same total android system was) and now Android System is showing at 47% . I dont think there is anything running or sensor issues from what spare parts is telling me . Everything in spare parts is still in the norm . I feel whats happening is the two labels are somehow getting swapped on the usage screen . It should be voice calls 47% and android system at 2% . I have tried all the fixes out there from disabling back up to google services , to flashing different kernels but this is the same to all GB roms I run . There are a few out there that also expierence this issue . Is there anyway of you being able to look at the scripting and coding that handles the usage screen to see if anything might be out of whack or not lining up right ? For the time being I have hidden the usage screen link . But I usually pull it up to make sure there is nothing running around rampant causing unusal drainage . But this bug seems to make that useless . Any help would be appreciated , and thank you again for the rom I love it , just hate the usage screen ROFL
Old 04-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

I can see im not the only one that has been refreshing hoping for it to have been released at midnight!!!! Cant wait to reflash.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

Hells yeah 1.0!

Just wish it were coming out earlier than 5 pm CDT :/
Old 04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

The Viz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
deck, if you want to magically send me a PM with the link, all the heavens will rejoice and unicorns will appear.

and if you're in the southbay, i'll buy you a few rounds of beers. lol
Yea Deck where you at in Cali? Hach, where in the South Bay are you? I live in South San Jose.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo

danielpat89 is a n00b

Deck Im in Miami, so when u release v1 at 3pm pacific time itll be 6pm here! hurry! lol
Old 04-28-2011, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

just 4 and a half hours- we can make it, gang!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO DESTROYER

dg4free is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernEvo View Post
Deck ,First I wanna say thank you for putting togather this rom and your hard work you have done to make progress this far . This is by far one of the best GB Roms to date that I have ever used . The only thing from making this flawless and its more of a personal gripe then a usability issue is the following . My phone has been unplugged for the past 4hours and 36 mins . At that point my Android system was showing as 2% . I made three or four phone calls which in all probably totalled roughly 20 mins or so . On system usage voice calls is now showing at 2% (the same total android system was) and now Android System is showing at 47% . I dont think there is anything running or sensor issues from what spare parts is telling me . Everything in spare parts is still in the norm . I feel whats happening is the two labels are somehow getting swapped on the usage screen . It should be voice calls 47% and android system at 2% . I have tried all the fixes out there from disabling back up to google services , to flashing different kernels but this is the same to all GB roms I run . There are a few out there that also expierence this issue . Is there anyway of you being able to look at the scripting and coding that handles the usage screen to see if anything might be out of whack or not lining up right ? For the time being I have hidden the usage screen link . But I usually pull it up to make sure there is nothing running around rampant causing unusal drainage . But this bug seems to make that useless . Any help would be appreciated , and thank you again for the rom I love it , just hate the usage screen ROFL

Have you looked into going to Settings > Privacy and uncheck Back up my data?

Worked for me on Pre 7, now my highest thing is Google Maps which I'm not even using but battery life got significantly better after doing that
Old 04-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

SouthernEvo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg4free View Post
Have you looked into going to Settings > Privacy and uncheck Back up my data?

Worked for me on Pre 7, now my highest thing is Google Maps which I'm not even using but battery life got significantly better after doing that
It has no effect I have tried that fix before . I just made a quick phone call and drove android system up another 10% and I got voice mail on both calls I made . I have tried the newer pri but that had no effect except on battery life .

(This is my phone)
HTC EVO Hardware 004
Pre7 (with current apps)
Kernal is the one that came with the rom
radio: 2.15.00.11.19
PRL 60678
Pri : 1.77

Last edited by SouthernEvo; 04-28-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

calebt is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [4-22-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre7][1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
not only .38, but .37 as well. not as easy to fix as it would sound. but i have faith.

i have had no problems with tethering myself, and most people have commented that it works well. you be the judge :P

*News*
1.0 will be released today, April 28, 2011, @ 3:00pm PST. Anybody that i sent a copy of 1.0, that version is now outdated. I literally just finished compiling it at 4/27/11 @ 11:03PM PST. I cant wait to share with you all...

-deck
Where, where, is it!!! I cant wait know more. I'll just have to re-flash pre7
To fix my Jone's .

PS, Just wanted to say Great work Deck .

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development