PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo Azrael
Carrier: Sprint

kennydaman85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kennydaman85
Re: [ROM] Azrael X v2.1 (12/07/2010) NEW and improved

off topic but maybe one of u guys would know. I rooted my friends phone using unrevoked probably a month ago and he had to unroot take to sprint for i dont know why. so he picks it up an hr later and when we tried to root it again we both noticed that hboot is now 2.02 is there a way he can go back to the old hboot or no? reason i posted here is cause im sure i'll get a faster response so sorry in advance
Old 12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

Yea you'll get a faster response for posting in this popular thread by getting flamed for hijacking this thread.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HtC EvO

jdefran is just getting started

Anyone using this rom also using netarchy's kernel? Depending how much I overclock it, it removes some apps and widget; i.e. the default market icon is in place of the 'removed' apps and widget have text in their place : "problem loading widget". Furthermore, the market will not download apps...it will start then simply forget what it was doing. Any others experiencing this?
Old 12-14-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

ricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to ricsim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefran View Post
Well this isn't my first rodeo..hehe. That option/menu doesn't even show up when I plug it in

EDIT: All of a sudden it works...for now.
I had the same problem, turned out I had a bad radio flash! Flashing the newest radio made that problem go away.

It is not the ROM, thankfully.
HTC #15 Kernel
Old 12-14-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefran View Post
Anyone using this rom also using netarchy's kernel? Depending how much I overclock it, it removes some apps and widget; i.e. the default market icon is in place of the 'removed' apps and widget have text in their place : "problem loading widget". Furthermore, the market will not download apps...it will start then simply forget what it was doing. Any others experiencing this?
I use Netarchy's kernel without issue, sounds to me like you either messed with Spare Parts or you are overclocking too high. Could be the particular Netarchy kernel you are using is not good for your phone? In any case, overclocking too high will cause your phone to react like that...not a good idea.

For market problems it is not the ROM. Plug your phone into the computer and on your SD Card, delete your android.secure folder and reboot your phone. For some reason the android.secure is getting corrupted (happening with almost all custom ROMS for reason unknown) and deleting it fixes all the issues.

Last edited by ricsim78; 12-14-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcole2003 View Post
Yea you'll get a faster response for posting in this popular thread by getting flamed for hijacking this thread.
I don't mind helping when I can, even if it is off topic but still better to ask in the appropriate section.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydaman85 View Post
off topic but maybe one of u guys would know. I rooted my friends phone using unrevoked probably a month ago and he had to unroot take to sprint for i dont know why. so he picks it up an hr later and when we tried to root it again we both noticed that hboot is now 2.02 is there a way he can go back to the old hboot or no? reason i posted here is cause im sure i'll get a faster response so sorry in advance
I have no experience with Hboot 2.02, you need to look in the Q and A section here. Sorry.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HtC EvO

jdefran is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78 View Post
I had the same problem, turned out I had a bad radio flash! Flashing the newest radio made that problem go away.

It is not the ROM, thankfully.
Is there a specific radio I should flash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78 View Post
I use Netarchy's kernel without issue, sounds to me like you either messed with Spare Parts or you are overclocking too high. Could be the particular Netarchy kernel you are using is not good for your phone? In any case, overclocking too high will cause your phone to react like that...not a good idea.

For market problems it is not the ROM. Plug your phone into the computer and on your SD Card, delete your android.secure folder and reboot your phone. For some reason the android.secure is getting corrupted (happening with almost all custom ROMS for reason unknown) and deleting it fixes all the issues.
All I've done with spare parts is use fast window transitions/animations. Currently I am using the "netarchy-toastmod-4.2.1-bfs-bfq-havs-less-smartass-universal (Less Aggressive Undervolting)" kernel with a process set at a range: 384-1152, stable so far. I will delete that folder and see how much further I can overclock.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok. this is for those of you not seeing the checkbox that says "allow automatic updating" on the Adobe Flash page in the Android market.

You MUST go straight into android market immediately as soon as your phone boots for the first time after flashing this Rom. (or any Rom with a hulu fix built in) In market search type adobe and press the button to initiate the search. The first result will be Adobe Flash. Click it once and on the main page for it you will see a checkbox beside "allow automatic updating". Quickly uncheck it... if you don't see it then that means that Adobe Flash has already automatically updated itself and the Hulu fix is now overwritten. You will need to do a full wipe to restore the phone back to Rom defaults and this time follow the instructions I just told you immediately after the phone first boots up before the automatic updates start by themselves. Or else you will be back in the same boat.

As for ringtones, you can manually install them on your sdcard in the following folders: on the root of your sdcard create a folder and name it "Media". (no quotes but capitalize the M) inside this Media folder create a new folder and name it "audio". (no capital a). Inside this new audio folder create three folders; alarms, notifications, ringtones. (no capitals) You might already have the Media folder on your sdcard as well as the sub folders so check and make sure before you add any new folders. Once you have the Media folder and sub folders created just drop your tones into the folder you want and they will show up in the lists when you change your ringtones, notification tones, etc.

There are a couple of good ringtone apps in the market that allow you to search and download good ringtones that other users have uploaded. Zedge is the best, just search Zedge in the market, its free. Mabilo is another and its free also.

This should get you all fixed up. Great rom choice by the way.

PS: with this Rom you can view hulu directly from the internet browser as well, not just with the Hulu app.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 12-14-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydaman85 View Post
You must reroot. Follow the root instructions for the new hboot 2.02 in the sticky root thread or go over to xda and find the new root method thread over there. Sorry the Sprint tech ran the ruu and cleared your root. That's a given, they always wipe or flash to fix problems, you should know this... well I wouldn't expect them to flash the new hboot but now we all know that they now do. Lesson learned.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 12-14-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Tags
azrael, evo, htc, rom