PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

busventinc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

awesome thank you
Old 01-24-2011, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

CYNICALifornia is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkus82 View Post
Anyone elses phone speaker sound absolutely terrible? I can barely understand anything coming out of mine. Just started to notice it when I went to 4.4
Yeah, I blew mine out too. Lucky for me the local Sprint Corprate store does Evo repaires. Because I have insurance on my phone the repair, which took all of 20 mins, was free.

I really do like Sprint . . .
Old 01-24-2011, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I would consider a custom boot animation if someone made one for me , I have no design skills, lol
I very humbly submit this. I've never made one before, but after reading up on XDA this *should* work. If it does, thanks to Vboyz and WRX4meMP on XDA.

It is nothing fancy, but should look clean.

I am at work and don't have the wherewithall (read non-disabled computer) to push this to my phone and test it. Who will be my guinne pig?

Here's instructions on how to load it onto your phone, per Vbopz103 on VDA (link to thread)

1. Having phone fully powered up and plug it into the USB.
2. you should already have ADB installed and working. If so, then to verify your device is connected, do "adb devices" in a command prompt. You should see like "List of attached devices" and right underneath it, you'll se HTCxxxxx listed.
3. If step 2 is good, then do "adb reboot recovery". This will reboot your phone into recovery mode.
4. You will see a red triangle with an exclamation mark, this is when phone is now ready in recovery mode. To verify, go back to command prompt and type "adb devices" and you should see the same thing as in step 2 only difference is it'll say "recovery" next to the device name.
5. Once that is good, go into your evo-recovery folder and run the recovery-XYZ, where XYS is the os type. So for windows you would right-click on the "recovery-windows.bat" and select run as administrator (if you are running in Vista/7).
5. If step 5 runs will you'll see a series of line output, and final line should be "No hup" or something like that. Now look over to your phone, you should see a menu. Do NOT touch anything on the phone.
6. Open up a new command prompt, cd into the android sdk/tools folder, and issue "adb shell". You will drop into your phone shell now and all you will see is "#" sign.
7. Type "mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system", you should now see the '#" again.
8. Type "exit", and now you are back into your command prompt like "C:\...>".
9. Type "adb push my_new_animation.zip /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" {ENTER}. You'll see that your file will be uploaded.
10. To verify, type "adb shell" and you should be back into your phone shell with "#"
11. Type "ls /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" and you should see the "bootanimation.zip" listed.
12. Now just reboot the phone by typing "reboot" at the "#" prompt.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip (1.59 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

jryanvt is a n00b

ok, so i'm probably going to take the plunge from 4.4 to 4.5 when i get home from work (thanks again for what looks like another awesome rom, omj). i had a quick question on the new use of updater scripts. i am still using cwm 2.5.0.0, thinking that if it hasn't given me any problems, it's not worth changing. do i need to update to 2.6.x now because of the updater scripts? also, will the data.img recovery method listed in post #3 still work? thanks for your help.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:39 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNICALifornia View Post
I very humbly submit this. I've never made one before, but after reading up on XDA this *should* work. If it does, thanks to Vboyz and WRX4meMP on XDA.

It is nothing fancy, but should look clean.

I am at work and don't have the wherewithall (read non-disabled computer) to push this to my phone and test it. Who will be my guinne pig?

Here's instructions on how to load it onto your phone, per Vbopz103 on VDA (link to thread)

1. Having phone fully powered up and plug it into the USB.
2. you should already have ADB installed and working. If so, then to verify your device is connected, do "adb devices" in a command prompt. You should see like "List of attached devices" and right underneath it, you'll se HTCxxxxx listed.
3. If step 2 is good, then do "adb reboot recovery". This will reboot your phone into recovery mode.
4. You will see a red triangle with an exclamation mark, this is when phone is now ready in recovery mode. To verify, go back to command prompt and type "adb devices" and you should see the same thing as in step 2 only difference is it'll say "recovery" next to the device name.
5. Once that is good, go into your evo-recovery folder and run the recovery-XYZ, where XYS is the os type. So for windows you would right-click on the "recovery-windows.bat" and select run as administrator (if you are running in Vista/7).
5. If step 5 runs will you'll see a series of line output, and final line should be "No hup" or something like that. Now look over to your phone, you should see a menu. Do NOT touch anything on the phone.
6. Open up a new command prompt, cd into the android sdk/tools folder, and issue "adb shell". You will drop into your phone shell now and all you will see is "#" sign.
7. Type "mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system", you should now see the '#" again.
8. Type "exit", and now you are back into your command prompt like "C:\...>".
9. Type "adb push my_new_animation.zip /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" {ENTER}. You'll see that your file will be uploaded.
10. To verify, type "adb shell" and you should be back into your phone shell with "#"
11. Type "ls /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" and you should see the "bootanimation.zip" listed.
12. Now just reboot the phone by typing "reboot" at the "#" prompt.

not too shabby.....thx bro! though I'd like to change the way "custom rom by omj" looks.....for some reason I don't like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt View Post
ok, so i'm probably going to take the plunge from 4.4 to 4.5 when i get home from work (thanks again for what looks like another awesome rom, omj). i had a quick question on the new use of updater scripts. i am still using cwm 2.5.0.0, thinking that if it hasn't given me any problems, it's not worth changing. do i need to update to 2.6.x now because of the updater scripts? also, will the data.img recovery method listed in post #3 still work? thanks for your help.
no, u don't need to update your recovery.....I believe all recoveries have supported updater-script files for some time.....

the data.img should still work, though I did not use it on 4.5 cuz I kept getting "current location" on the clock instead of the actual location, but it may have been a issue w/ my data
Old 01-24-2011, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
not too shabby.....thx bro! though I'd like to change the way "custom rom by omj" looks.....for some reason I don't like it

here's the 'stock' android font if you want to try that
Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
here's the 'stock' android font if you want to try that
Thanks for the resource. I'll play with it a little more. Though I was tryint to avoid the stock font to to emphasize the OMJ.

I think I may leave the 'Custom ROM by' and tweak the OMJ. But, I am open to suggestions and glady welcome anyone to modify what I did themselves.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNICALifornia View Post
Thanks for the resource. I'll play with it a little more. Though I was tryint to avoid the stock font to to emphasize the OMJ.

I think I may leave the 'Custom ROM by' and tweak the OMJ. But, I am open to suggestions and glady welcome anyone to modify what I did themselves.
I have no idea what this entails but if its possible to swipe OMJ's avatar and incorporate it that would be awesome and I'm sure he would like it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2011, 04:11 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Hulu is not working for me. When I pressed the hourglass it goes away but nothing happens. I read a couple pages back that you gotta do some updates. Updates to what?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
Hulu is not working for me. When I pressed the hourglass it goes away but nothing happens. I read a couple pages back that you gotta do some updates. Updates to what?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
this is what works for me....

click on video, long press hourglass, double-click white screen

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development