PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ibdman21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Nope, downloading both right now (again) from post 1193 and no issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
yeah, i don't get it man. it is definitely named PC36IMG.zip if i choose to show the filename in astro on the evo. i double checked this as well by putting the micro sd card into the computer slot via the SD adapter.

i also tried putting the file on a completely blank micro sd card and got the exact same results. i'm just downloading the same file as everyone else and not renaming or doing anything differently.

could it be i have to be FULLY rooted with this rom? i know i have done everything but nan unlock and never saw a real need for me personally do do the last step to unlock. in the past i could always flash with my current unlocked state.
I'm having the same problems you are. I even had the file named "PC36IMG.zip.zip" and it still didn't work.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
yeah, i don't get it man. it is definitely named PC36IMG.zip if i choose to show the filename in astro on the evo. i double checked this as well by putting the micro sd card into the computer slot via the SD adapter.

i also tried putting the file on a completely blank micro sd card and got the exact same results. i'm just downloading the same file as everyone else and not renaming or doing anything differently.

could it be i have to be FULLY rooted with this rom? i know i have done everything but nan unlock and never saw a real need for me personally do do the last step to unlock. in the past i could always flash with my current unlocked state.
Yes that's possible. This file is very similar to the one whitslack from XDA created and to run HIS file you had to have Nand unlocked.
You WANT full root access because even if you never delve into the depths of the ROM, the ROMS these days are written for full access.

It's very easy. You want to just run Toast Part II.
Dunno how you rooted originally but check FastRX8's thread and start with Section 2 Version 2 Using the PC. *EDIT-If that won't work you may need to start the root process over like cuban4lf said*
Dont freak-it involves another PC36IMG file but THAT one should work for you if you already did Toast 1. Gotta tap out now. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdman21 View Post
I'm having the same problems you are. I even had the file named "PC36IMG.zip.zip" and it still didn't work.
First, .zip.zip will never work. Second are you Nand unlocked ("fully" rooted)? If not this post is for you too.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-14-2010 at 07:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

you know what i put the key inside my titanium folder so I wouldnt loose it lol i bet if I move it outside it will see the key and update to the donate version.

Dang I think i paniced because with every post im feeling a bit dumber lol. Its a bit late but I figured it out sorry for all the post whoring and what not. ill delet in a few minuts.

Well I feel like I am learning again lol

I forgot to back up my apps and data before flashing the new rom... ewwwww lots of recovery time in my futur.

Last edited by twilk; 07-14-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sprint

gottabajs is a n00b

my settings are:

Fireware version: 2.1 -update1
Baseband version: 2.05.00.06.10
Kernal version: 2.6.29-789bf291 htc-kernel@and18 -2#1
Build # 1.47.651.1 CL195459 release-keys
Software number: 1.47.651.1
PRI Version: 1.40_003
PRL Version: 60667

i did the OMJ 1.6r download back then. I'm assumed i had to do the rom 1 download, which i did, but there was no OTA update. Am i missing something?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

dnt say i didnt tell u so !!! lmao ! really it takes 5 min , do root one and 2 it will read and u can go to sleep like a kid after xmas !!
Old 07-14-2010, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
dnt say i didnt tell u so !!! lmao ! really it takes 5 min , do root one and 2 it will read and u can go to sleep like a kid after xmas !!
yep, thanks.

there was just never a need to be fully rooted with OMJ's roms. i know most roms you do need to be fully rooted but i never felt the need to use many of them after being happy with OMJ. i'll run the simple root 3 click method and see how it goes .
Old 07-14-2010, 03:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

and the reason i say do 1 and 2 is because rite now if u do try to do just part 2 it will do the same thing its doing now with omj's file ... reads it but it dont give you the update now ! just incase this happends !!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dont forget to hit thanks !! and thanks to all that have helped me along the way !!!

Last edited by cuban4lf; 07-14-2010 at 04:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm currently running Sprint Lover's latest 1.47 rooted rom, with the wimax/baseband updates, and NAND unlocked.........which rom version do I download?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a similar question I'm running newest radio wi max , and baked snack rom with .1 installed which wouldi install..4g not working with this and I heard this does.Oes

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development