PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

knives of ice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

man...i don't understand this at all. i downloaded rom 1 and updated pc36img.zip and everything seemed to go through just fine. rebooted and now it says my software number is 1.32.651.6 OMJ and my baseband is 1.39.00.05.31

what did i do wrong? it seems like pc36img flashes but i guess it isn't and i don't understand why this would be.

Last edited by knives of ice; 07-14-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:34 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
man...i don't understand this at all. i downloaded rom 1 and updated pc36img.zip and everything seemed to go through just fine. rebooted and now it says my software number is 1.32.651.6 OMJ and my baseband is 1.39.00.05.31

what did i do wrong? it seems like pc36img flashes but i guess it isn't and i don't understand why this would be.
Make sure you're flashing from bootloader not recovery.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Make sure you're flashing from bootloader not recovery.
i followed your instructions and i just power off and then hold down and power. as soon as it comes up it automatically starts loading the pc36img i don't even have to hit anything. scroll back hitting power to select an option and reboot.

it finds it reads it and the bar on the right side loads the whole way up so it seems right. i've always used rom manager so i'm not sure if something is incorrect or not.

anything wrong in what i'm doing?
Old 07-14-2010, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OMJ can I not just download Rom1 and use rom manager to flash? I'm flashing from verison 1.6.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

ibdman21 is a n00b

Is there a problem with the zip? I'm trying to download it and I get a pop-up asking for a user name and password.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
i followed your instructions and i just power off and then hold down and power. as soon as it comes up it automatically starts loading the pc36img i don't even have to hit anything. scroll back hitting power to select an option and reboot.

it finds it reads it and the bar on the right side loads the whole way up so it seems right. i've always used rom manager so i'm not sure if something is incorrect or not.

anything wrong in what i'm doing?
It sounds like you somehow grabbed the wrong PC36 file. You sure you didnt accidentally move one of the rooting ones over to your card by mistake?
I just unrooted, re-rooted and flashed ROM1 and all software info is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
OMJ can I not just download Rom1 and use rom manager to flash? I'm flashing from verison 1.6.
No. ROM 1 is not in an update.zip format. It is in the PC36IMG format because it includes ALL the various files of the OTA. You need this if you have not applied whitslacks fix (if you dont know what that means then you havent done it ) It must be flashed the way OMJ describes by naming it PC36IMG.zip (make sure your file extensions on your PC arent hidden. If they are then name it PC36IMG otherwise it will be named PC36IMG.zip.zip and the phone wont read it) and placing it on the root of your SD card. When you boot into bootloader the phone will see it and run with it-provided it's named correctly and not corrupt.

If you followed whitslacks fix then you have those files and you can flash ROM 2 the way you are used to.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdman21 View Post
Is there a problem with the zip? I'm trying to download it and I get a pop-up asking for a user name and password.
Nope, downloading both right now (again) from post 1193 and no issue.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

ibdman21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Nope, downloading both right now (again) from post 1193 and no issue.

Thanks. I'll try it again and hopefully come up with something this time.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
It sounds like you somehow grabbed the wrong PC36 file. You sure you didnt accidentally move one of the rooting ones over to your card by mistake?
I just unrooted, re-rooted and flashed ROM1 and all software info is correct.
i use the free FTP app in OMJ's post and i download the pc36img file he has listed in his ftp in the roms section. i apply this file. this seems to be the problem i have, i'll copy and paste Toast's instructions since its essentially the same method:

- Hold volume down while powering the phone on. continue to hold volume down until you see the WHITE bootloader screen.
- After a few seconds it will begin to checking for files, and find PC36IMG.zip. while its doing this it will show a blue progress bar while its checking. (this takes 30 - 60 seconds to finish)
- It will then list all the images in the zip and ask you if want to flash. SAY YES
- When its finished it will ask you if you would like to reboot. AGAIN... SAY YES
- At this point it will boot into a rooted rom.

i get through the point where it says checking which does take 30-60 seconds, but i never get anything after that to choose if i want to flash. i never get to choose yes or no to flash.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am getting ads within handcent and other apps after upgrading to 1.7 rom. OMJ, did you take out the ad blocking files on this version?

Well I downloaded adfree from the market place and try to download and install hosts. I get an error, faild to change permissions of hosts file to root.

Last edited by jayhuffdaddy; 07-14-2010 at 01:40 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development