View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:08 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
i followed your instructions and i just power off and then hold down and power. as soon as it comes up it automatically starts loading the pc36img i don't even have to hit anything. scroll back hitting power to select an option and reboot.

it finds it reads it and the bar on the right side loads the whole way up so it seems right. i've always used rom manager so i'm not sure if something is incorrect or not.

anything wrong in what i'm doing?
It sounds like you somehow grabbed the wrong PC36 file. You sure you didnt accidentally move one of the rooting ones over to your card by mistake?
I just unrooted, re-rooted and flashed ROM1 and all software info is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
OMJ can I not just download Rom1 and use rom manager to flash? I'm flashing from verison 1.6.
No. ROM 1 is not in an update.zip format. It is in the PC36IMG format because it includes ALL the various files of the OTA. You need this if you have not applied whitslacks fix (if you dont know what that means then you havent done it ) It must be flashed the way OMJ describes by naming it PC36IMG.zip (make sure your file extensions on your PC arent hidden. If they are then name it PC36IMG otherwise it will be named PC36IMG.zip.zip and the phone wont read it) and placing it on the root of your SD card. When you boot into bootloader the phone will see it and run with it-provided it's named correctly and not corrupt.

If you followed whitslacks fix then you have those files and you can flash ROM 2 the way you are used to.