PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/28/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
did OMJ use the ota that htc pulled to update 1.6? and the wimax update

so is there an issues with 1.6 and wimax radio update?
cuz i see alot people going back to 1.5
Yes, he used the update that was rooted by calk. Sprint (or HTC) pulled the update last night. Apparently it was bricking some non root phones (androidpolice.com)
OMJs ROM does not include the wimax update. You'd have to apply that separately.

I originally posted that the Wimax update broke my root but now I'm not sure. I know at least one other user lost root like I did and they just flashed the ROM, never touched wimax.
Edit:I should say it looked like I lost NAND unlock not root Part I.

I finally got a restore of 1.5 up and running so I'm gonna chill and see what OMJ says. There may be a new update coming from Sprint? Dunno.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-29-2010 at 09:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

I just flashed the latest Rom from the first post and it had a different MD5. I can confirm that WiFi is indeed working. But 4G just says "Scanning..." as of now, and this is all without Calk's WiMax update. Applied Calk's Wimax update and 4G is still broken. :/
Old 06-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

jonathanf is a n00b

have the wimaz update, didnt loose root, but 4g not working!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

can anyone verify if exchange is working on OMJ's latest version?

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

I have SU permissions but an adb push gives me an error that it's a Read-only file system, wtf.

Exchange is working on my phone, got my contacts/mail/calendar no prob.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
can anyone verify if exchange is working on OMJ's latest version?
Hi DL,

I downloaded 1.6 last night and flashed. exchange is working for me.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi DL,

I downloaded 1.6 last night and flashed. exchange is working for me.
nice. the version that i downloaded from caulkin wouldn't.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the quick update OMJ
Old 06-29-2010, 10:12 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

so it sounds like 4G is not working in v1.6.....does someone in 4G coverage want to test something? flash the rooted update. check to see if 4g is working, if not, install the wimax update and test.

I have a feeling there's something wrong w/ either the rooted rom or updated radio.....in any case, if u need 4g, stay on v1.5 w/o the updated radio/wimax....we'll have to wait see what comes out.....if anyone sees any updated info, please post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazybaz13 View Post
I have SU permissions but an adb push gives me an error that it's a Read-only file system, wtf.

Exchange is working on my phone, got my contacts/mail/calendar no prob.
was this after updating wimax?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazybaz13 View Post
I have SU permissions but an adb push gives me an error that it's a Read-only file system,
I also had SU permissions on some apps but was unable to use ADB remount.
Permission denied.
I only flashed 1.6, never tried the Wimax update since I don't have 4G.
I ended up going back to Stock Sprint and re-did Full Root.
Then I installed 1.6 again, same issues.
Did a restore of a 1.5 backup and everything is fine.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development