PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

I wanted to bring up a point and see if anyone else is having this issue. I am currently running my own 21882 Sense 2.5 built in OMJs Kitchen. I have noticed lateley that for some reason over lengthy program usage that the process memory, ie the % that shows when you drop the taskbar down in the top right corner, keeps going up as i use the phone. Now i am a stickler for open programs so i close them everytime im done using them but it just appears as though things are hanging even though the taskmanager says they are closed. I turn on phone - 39%, Open Opera, play with a little Kinoma - 45%, as the day goes on, little texting, some more opera, after about an hour or so - 52% and just stays there. It causes the phone to be a little more sluggish and Im afraid it is causing a decrease in battery life. I know that this happened a while back in one of Calks kitchens and he was able to do something to lower this. Just didnt know if anyone else has experienced this. Remember, I have used just about every current build out there with Sense 2.5, could this be a sense issue? Thanks.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
and here's album 3.2

i tried the one from xda, and not so good as far as im concerned, it works... but not good enough.
is this version fully functional without the black part that shows up on the side while viewing pics?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:39 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I wanted to bring up a point and see if anyone else is having this issue. I am currently running my own 21882 Sense 2.5 built in OMJs Kitchen. I have noticed lateley that for some reason over lengthy program usage that the process memory, ie the % that shows when you drop the taskbar down in the top right corner, keeps going up as i use the phone. Now i am a stickler for open programs so i close them everytime im done using them but it just appears as though things are hanging even though the taskmanager says they are closed. I turn on phone - 39%, Open Opera, play with a little Kinoma - 45%, as the day goes on, little texting, some more opera, after about an hour or so - 52% and just stays there. It causes the phone to be a little more sluggish and Im afraid it is causing a decrease in battery life. I know that this happened a while back in one of Calks kitchens and he was able to do something to lower this. Just didnt know if anyone else has experienced this. Remember, I have used just about every current build out there with Sense 2.5, could this be a sense issue? Thanks.
It probably has more to do w/ Manila/Sense....do you have CleanRAM in your rom? its pretty good for for freeing up memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i tried the one from xda, and not so good as far as im concerned, it works... but not good enough.
is this version fully functional without the black part that shows up on the side while viewing pics?
no, it still has the black bar....it has to do w/ the screen size. someone @ xda said album.exe is hardcoded for 800x600 and needed to be hacked.

3.2 has it's pros/cons....it's really a toss up between 3.2 & 3.0
Old 12-21-2009, 09:41 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
It probably has more to do w/ Manila/Sense....do you have CleanRAM in your rom? its pretty good for for freeing up memory.

no, it still has the black bar....it has to do w/ the screen size. someone @ xda said album.exe is hardcoded for 800x600 and needed to be hacked.

3.2 has it's pros/cons....it's really a toss up between 3.2 & 3.0
Thanks OMJ. Yeah i didnt cook it in on this last build. I have used it in the past but didnt see a big difference. Ill give it a try again.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:10 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Hey hey, a release for Sense 2.1 was posted yesterday. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=603920
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post

SKTools has a "lite" version, which is free. Included is FreeUP RAM and Auto Clean. They are very good at reclaiming ram, and clearing out notifications, old short cuts, and more. I have used them daily for a couple of years now.
Attached Files
File Type: cab lite.CAB (397.2 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

waiting patiently for the kitchen update
Old 12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
SKTools has a "lite" version, which is free. Included is FreeUP RAM and Auto Clean. They are very good at reclaiming ram, and clearing out notifications, old short cuts, and more. I have used them daily for a couple of years now.
Hey thanks. Gonna try it now.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:05 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
waiting patiently for the kitchen update
Yep... me too.
There have been some nice looking Sense ROMs posted in OMJ's ROM thread- I resorted to making one with Calk's kitchen, but would really like some of the updates that are going to be showing up in the next update.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Yep... me too.
There have been some nice looking Sense ROMs posted in OMJ's ROM thread- I resorted to making one with Calk's kitchen, but would really like some of the updates that are going to be showing up in the next update.
no doubt, i haven't flashed my phone for like 2-3 weeks. I think its getting bored cause its not running as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development