PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
the complete kitchen upload will take some time....for now, here is all the EXT's I have added/updated since v1.3 kitchen

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/OMJ/EXTs/

Another though... not to be TOO needy hehe

Any chance you could seperate the updates on the ftp in folders specific to 6.5 or 6.5.x or Common?

For instance.. you posted a bubble breaker but it is not broken in the 21870 SYS, mine works fine. If not, nbd I'll just have to make sure i keep track of everything and not add something just to be adding it because it's new lol
Old 12-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

Quote:
I know that you are using calks kitchen base and adding in new SYS when they come out. Are you altering anything in the SYS and ROM folders to work with Sense 2.5? Reason I ask is that I built roms from your original kitchen using the SYS that were provided and things worked just fine, but when i tried to add SYS that da_reeseboy released, for some reason Sense would just cycle instead of starting. I will admit that i went through the VK and deselected all of the EXTs that said 'message' of some sorts in them so i could cook in the new PeopleMessage Client from Amarullz. Is that possibly what is causing manila not to boot? Otherwise im gonna just extract your kitchen again and add your new EXT
Two things, one, I don't think da_G recmodded any modules, so if you just drop it in, you can easily run into problems as us diamond users don't have a native 6.5 kernel so we have less space for modules.

two.. beyond compare is your friend The easiest way to make a sys compatible with calks kitchen is to compare one of his SYS's to the one your trying to implement. Its fairly easy and can be done in around 10 minutes.
The folder compare in beyond compare lets you look at the entire directory structure side by side to see exactly what is different. Even allows you to copy files from one to the other. I just delete everything calk has deleted (because he uses dummy packages etc), and add everything calk has added.(theme files, ie. flamerise.tsk, and all the images associated with it etc).. This way its pretty much impossible to miss other things hes added too, (like SqlCeMobile 3.5, only 3.0 is included in the SYS by default).

Of course you can port your own sys via instructions found at XDA, but personally I like the way Calk has his SYS's setup

Last edited by omnicronx; 12-03-2009 at 02:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:39 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Two things, one, I don't think da_G recmodded any modules, so if you just drop it in, you can easily run into problems as us diamond users don't have a native 6.5 kernel so we have less space for modules.

two.. beyond compare is your friend The easiest way to make a sys compatible with calks kitchen is to compare one of his SYS's to the one your trying to implement. Its fairly easy and can be done in around 10 minutes.
The folder compare in beyond compare lets you look at the entire directory structure side by side to see exactly what is different. Even allows you to copy files from one to the other. I just delete everything calk has deleted (because he uses dummy packages etc), and add everything calk has added.(theme files, ie. flamerise.tsk, and all the images associated with it etc).. This way its pretty much impossible to miss other things hes added too, (like SqlCeMobile 3.5, only 3.0 is included in the SYS by default).

Of course you can port your own sys via instructions found at XDA, but personally I like the way Calk has his SYS's setup
Thanks for the info. Ill just have to spend some time one day and compare the folders.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:44 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post

Just when I was starting to feel like I was getting past the learning curve...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Just when I was starting to feel like I was getting past the learning curve...
I know how you feel. I wish i understood the whole recmodding thing and what files to do it to but I am oblivious. Heck, I even tried just turning Da_Gs SYS into VK usable and got lost. Lol
Old 12-03-2009, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I know how you feel. I wish i understood the whole recmodding thing and what files to do it to but I am oblivious. Heck, I even tried just turning Da_Gs SYS into VK usable and got lost. Lol
Just look for recmodcommon.bat in the 'recmodding slot 0' thread at everythingdiamond.info chef's corner forum. Add it to the send-to menu of windows and all you have to do is right-click on the shared/common folder and click send-to recmodcommon.bat. It then recmods everything 'safe' that joojoo figured out. Simple and saves tons of time .
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Just look for recmodcommon.bat in the 'recmodding slot 0' thread at everythingdiamond.info chef's corner forum. Add it to the send-to menu of windows and all you have to do is right-click on the shared/common folder and click send-to recmodcommon.bat. It then recmods everything 'safe' that joojoo figured out. Simple and saves tons of time .
Adding this too my favorites to give a try later. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

If you want to try 28008 for calks vk here you go

http://hotfile.com/dl/19446124/7d42a...cial).rar.html

seems pretty stable, havnt noticed anything weird like some of the other builds.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor

I'm having a problem with my keyboard. When I use any other prebuilt ROM by OMJ the EZInput keyboard works just fine. When I cooked my own, and didn't change a lot at all, the keyboard blanks out when I click the icon to go to the numbers/symbols. Anyone else had this problem? I can't seem to find much on this even though I know EZInput 2.1 has its problems.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

El Mono is just getting started

In a moment of stupidity I tried to create an even "lighter" version of your rom... fortunately I was able to restore it back to my original lite version after downloading your kitchen again on 12/1 (first downloaded kitchen on 11/29 ?). Seems slightly smoother too.
Now my stupid question - since I like this so much I now have this lingering concern that it is going to expire and I'll have to replace it. While a quick search seems to have answered that question - I still worry. Is an expiration something to be expected? Or has this issue been removed(registry changes)?
El Mono
P.S. Very happy with OMJ 28002!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development