PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

El Mono is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

I cannot begin to thank you enough OMJ. After switching to the Hero I decided to play around(experiment) with my Diamond. I've tried 6 different roms in the last couple of days and yours simply is the nicest aesthetically in my opinion. I couldn't resist the temptation to try 6.5.3 (28002). To make the experience even better you provide the means to fine tune your rom to the individuals preference. In short, I am really enjoying this. It seems fairly stable considering everything.
Any chance you're going to update to 28005? Any way you look at it this has been entertaining to try. Thanks again.
El Mono
Old 12-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 11/26/09

Hey OMJ,

With Amarullz 1.5 messaging fix, have you been able to get sent messages to display in Manila? They send but do not appear in history when looking through manila, but appear through the native messaging client itself.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gn View Post
Thanks I seen that post, its what got me started on moving stuff around, but I cant figure out where the correct .dat file is to change file explorer path. Do you know where the dat file is on that one?

Thanks
OEM\Diamond\0409\OEM_Lang_0409

it is in the initflashfiles.dat and you have to "show hidden files" to see it

Here is the line in my initflashfiles.dat file:

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools"):-File("File Explorer.lnk","\Windows\fexplore.lnk")
Old 12-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Yes and I like receiving (ref xda post)

Hey buddy, no big rush as you know i'm tweaking my kitchen from the stuff over at xda, but when you get a chance (LOL) are you still planning on posting the kitchen updates at the front of the thread? I only ask because although I have been successful with modding the kitchen I know you still often times put the OMJ touch on stuff as you add it to the kitchen and I certainly don't have that touch
Old 12-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Hey OMJ,

With Amarullz 1.5 messaging fix, have you been able to get sent messages to display in Manila? They send but do not appear in history when looking through manila, but appear through the native messaging client itself.
Did this just start happening with 1.5? Was it working before in 1.2?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mono View Post
I cannot begin to thank you enough OMJ. After switching to the Hero I decided to play around(experiment) with my Diamond. I've tried 6 different roms in the last couple of days and yours simply is the nicest aesthetically in my opinion. I couldn't resist the temptation to try 6.5.3 (28002). To make the experience even better you provide the means to fine tune your rom to the individuals preference. In short, I am really enjoying this. It seems fairly stable considering everything.
Any chance you're going to update to 28005? Any way you look at it this has been entertaining to try. Thanks again.
El Mono
just updated to 28005

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gn View Post
Thanks I seen that post, its what got me started on moving stuff around, but I cant figure out where the correct .dat file is to change file explorer path. Do you know where the dat file is on that one?

Thanks
file explorer is in initflashfiles.dat located @ \OEM\Diamond\0409\OEM_Lang_0409

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System"):-File("File Explorer.lnk","\Windows\fexplore.lnk")

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Hey OMJ,

yes....I manually updated to 1.5 last night, I see my history in manila
Old 12-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Next question while i wait

If i'm going to add the still wallpaper package, should I just re-name the package by adding HTCSense_Tweak_ to the front of the package and add it to the tweaks section of the kitchen?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:46 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Looks like 28005 will have to wait. I cooked a 28005 rom but the top/bottom bars are now different, I am still using the flamerise theme. I dont claim to be an expert or know it all...I dont know why using a different SYS would change it, but I dont like the way they look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Yes and I like receiving (ref xda post)

Hey buddy, no big rush as you know i'm tweaking my kitchen from the stuff over at xda, but when you get a chance (LOL) are you still planning on posting the kitchen updates at the front of the thread? I only ask because although I have been successful with modding the kitchen I know you still often times put the OMJ touch on stuff as you add it to the kitchen and I certainly don't have that touch
yes I will, just trying to wrap up my rom updates 1st...then I need to zip up everything I added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Next question while i wait

If i'm going to add the still wallpaper package, should I just re-name the package by adding HTCSense_Tweak_ to the front of the package and add it to the tweaks section of the kitchen?
thats exactly what I did (we sure think alike), but only to keep it uniform
Old 12-01-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO CDMA

scout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Looks like 28005 will have to wait. I cooked a 28005 rom but the top/bottom bars are now different, I am still using the flamerise theme. I dont claim to be an expert or know it all...I dont know why using a different SYS would change it, but I dont like the way they look.
I had that problem with an earlier build. Thought it was something i had done wrong...
28006 is now up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
here's the 28006 SYS/ROM for DIAM_C users -
http://rapidshare.com/files/31489047...DIAM_VK_XIP.7z

thanks again to monkeybape!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
yes I will, just trying to wrap up my rom updates 1st...then I need to zip up everything I added.
Awesome! No rush as you have been working your A$$ off for us lately and i reiterate... THANKS!!!

Quote:
thats exactly what I did (we sure think alike), but only to keep it uniform
That's quite the complement Ole-Chef-Extrodonaire!!! (i'm just the padawan here)

... i looked for that core update you said ygozats (or something like that) posted but apparently my untrained eye couldn't find it hidden in that thread... I'll just wait for you to zip up the updates and i'll cross what I've done with what you post

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development